Mega Man #33 preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #33 preview

Postby Frontier » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:56 am

Spin wrote:I want to see some old men Light and Wily bromance, even if Wily is faking it on his end. The longer Wily is seen as a good guy, the better I say. Not in a hurry to see the MM3 adaption at all. Especially if the MM2 Robot Masters survive, could be our only chance at seeing them bond with Mega Man and the MM1 Robot Masters.

I'm not expecting the MM2 Robot Masters to survive the Ra Moon arc, let alone bond with Mega Man. Especially considering the fact that, unlike the MM1 Robot Masters, they were specifically built to serve Wily and destroy Mega Man. And if they're still functioning, what would be the point of Wily using the MM3 Robot Masters?

I wasn't expecting beating Ra Moon to do such a number on Mega Man... though his restoration offers the chance for some good explanation for both the slide in MM3 and why Light would work with Wily again.

So with this issue, we're getting closer and closer to the MM3 adaption... though I'm sure we're in for a few more, I guess "breather" issues before we finally jump into that. I can see the MM3 adaption being part of the build up to, or at least a major part of, issue #50.
Frontier
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:08 am

Sonic Wind wrote:
Spin wrote:I wasn't expecting beating Ra Moon to do such a number on Mega Man... though his restoration offers the chance for some good explanation for both the slide in MM3 and why Light would work with Wily again.

The slide mode I think was mentioned i issue 1, and as for Ra Moon, in-game Mega Man defeats him by overloading himself with a twin buster shot--ihe doesn't fire with both hands in other games because he'd overheat. Ra Thor was unable to be stopped otherwise.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Sockie » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 am

Sonic Wind wrote:
Spin wrote:I want to see some old men Light and Wily bromance, even if Wily is faking it on his end. The longer Wily is seen as a good guy, the better I say. Not in a hurry to see the MM3 adaption at all. Especially if the MM2 Robot Masters survive, could be our only chance at seeing them bond with Mega Man and the MM1 Robot Masters.

I'm not expecting the MM2 Robot Masters to survive the Ra Moon arc, let alone bond with Mega Man. Especially considering the fact that, unlike the MM1 Robot Masters, they were specifically built to serve Wily and destroy Mega Man. And if they're still functioning, what would be the point of Wily using the MM3 Robot Masters?

I wasn't expecting beating Ra Moon to do such a number on Mega Man... though his restoration offers the chance for some good explanation for both the slide in MM3 and why Light would work with Wily again.

So with this issue, we're getting closer and closer to the MM3 adaption... though I'm sure we're in for a few more, I guess "breather" issues before we finally jump into that. I can see the MM3 adaption being part of the build up to, or at least a major part of, issue #50.

I really don't think the MM2 Robot Masters, or any others, are ever going to be permanently killed off. That would be a waste. Plus, many of them show up in other games.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:26 am

^^^On that note, I'd half expect them not to be destroyed if Ian plans to make use of Doc Robot.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby EvilEddie » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:36 am

If the MM2 guys failed once why would Wily bother trying to use them again besides the occasional special case (like Wood Man in 8).

Wily's probably just going to file their IC Chips somewhere in a cabinet and not bother reviving them.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:52 am

Don't forget: They were designed to fail, at least in the comic.

And even with that in mind, they all got their licks in individually; as a force, they'd no doubt be even more lethal.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SonicSoul » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:25 am

If the MM2 Robot Masters do survive, I could maybe see them pretend to be nice especially if Wily orders them to. True they were built to be more combative than the Light Numbers and designated for destroying Mega Man, but I highly doubt any of them can say no to their master unless they get a rebellious streak out of nowhere.
Last edited by SonicSoul on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 am

Captain Harlock wrote:Could be that they've decided to change the trades from 4 issues to 6. Would be a really smart decision.

If that's the case, then there's going to be one more issue before MM3, since issue 28 is in volume 5
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:09 am

Captain Harlock wrote:Could be that they've decided to change the trades from 4 issues to 6. Would be a really smart decision.

Therefore, it won't be done because it makes too much sense.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:27 am

SurrealBrain wrote:

Therefore, it won't be done because it makes too much sense.

Yeah. God forbid Archie put more than 4 issues in a trade.

Honestly I really hope that the initial solcit for vol. 6 was wrong and only collects #21-23 with vol 7 being all six issues of Ra Moon. But then reality takes over and I realize there's no way that's going to happen.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Midtown Comics has the variant cover.
http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... R+_1299003

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Honestly I really hope that the initial solcit for vol. 6 was wrong and only collects #21-23 with vol 7 being all six issues of Ra Moon. But then reality takes over and I realize there's no way that's going to happen.

Paul Kaminski already confirmed that the solicit is wrong and will include #21, #22, #23, and #28.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:Midtown Comics has the variant cover.
http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.a ... R+_1299003

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Honestly I really hope that the initial solcit for vol. 6 was wrong and only collects #21-23 with vol 7 being all six issues of Ra Moon. But then reality takes over and I realize there's no way that's going to happen.

Paul Kaminski already confirmed that the solicit is wrong and will include #21, #22, #23, and #28.

What in the world does this variant have to do with anything?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Bad Box Art Mega Man was never funny...
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby Tsurugi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Still awesome to see a brawl between the two though :mrgreen:
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble