Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:29 pm

I'm seriously worried for the future...

And I feel like any optimism on my end may have somehow warped reality to be against this...
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:I'm seriously worried for the future...

And I feel like any optimism on my end may have somehow warped reality to be against this...

Worried for the future of Mighty Number 9? or...?
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Rumors are swirling around that Mighty No. 9 may be delayed again, based on this report from Game Informer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -2015.aspx

Neither Deep Silver nor Comcept have said anything about the report.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:58 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Rumors are swirling around that Mighty No. 9 may be delayed again, based on this report from Game Informer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -2015.aspx

Neither Deep Silver nor Comcept have said anything about the report.

Huh. Some of that's news to me, actually.

Well, what I can confirm from past posts and statements that comcept made is that 1. their work on the game is basically finished (last I heard INTI and Deep Silver were going back and forth to look for bugs and the like), and 2. any issues that arise in physical manufacturing wouldn't effect when backers get their digital copies.

Educated guess? Either A. Deep Silver is having manufacturing issues, B. Deep Silver is considering a different release day for physical copies so there's less competition from other titles, or C. Deep Silver or Inti found a bug or vulnerability or something and are trying to fix it. If it's A or B then, like I said, comcept indicated in the past that they would just "press the button" on Sept. 15th and release digital copies on time to backers. If it's C then... ¯\(°_°)/¯

But like I said, that's just me guessing.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:20 pm

lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:35 am

Is Mighty No. 9 seriously concerned about the Mega Man Legacy Collection?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:51 pm

It makes sense. He owns Mn9. Capcom owns MM. No matter what he wanted or what kind of work he put into it, Capcom will always own MM. I don't blame him at all for feeling like Mn9 is more "his child" than MM.

That said ... um, let's get a little real here. Mn9 is pretty much a MM clone and MM is pretty much an Astroboy clone with various other oldschool animes thrown into the mix for good measure.
Gauntlet101010
BumbleFan

Postby Damo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:46 am

Well, there's a delay, just got confirmed at Gamescom (in Germany, where Deep Silver is). The core game is done and done, but Deep Silver and Inti found out that "there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game. These bugs and issues have a direct affect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release." Stuff to do with Unreal 3, apparently.

There was hope that this crap could be taken care of with a "day one" patch, but that doesn't look likely, so they're aiming for Q1 2016.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Bean » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:14 am

When it releases, it needs to be solid. If it came out buggy now, the spitstorm would be intense. That said, I'm sure another round of Inafune bashing is in the works from the usual suspects. As it is, I'll wait some more since I've liked what I've seen from it.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 am

https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... +9+delayed

We have an important announcement to share with our backers.

Although we understand that everyone was looking forward to playing Mighty No. 9 as soon as possible, a release delay is going to be announced for the game at Gamescom 2015, which is currently being held in Cologne, Germany.

This is a project that would not have existed without the support of our backers, so we at least wanted to deliver this news to our backers before it is officially announced.

We are unable to confirm a final release date at this time, however we will be aiming for a release in Q1 2016. Once a solid release date is set, we will announce it immediately to our backers and fans.

Of course, it is important to explain why exactly the game is being delayed. As we have communicated in the updates to our backers, all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state.

However, there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game. These bugs and issues have a direct affect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release.

Currently, comcept and their partners are working at full capacity to resolve these issues and fix any remaining bugs.

In addition, we have received quite a few requests for additional information regarding the various platforms that are part of the platform survey we have sent out.

We have also only managed to receive around half of the total responses needed for the survey.

Considering the fact that the game’s release has been delayed, we are planning to open another platform survey once a final release date has been settled upon.

We will continue to deliver the most up-to-date info to our backers and fans through our forum updates, so please keep an eye out!

We appreciate your support and patience regarding this matter, and look forward to delivering Mighty No. 9 to our backers and fans in the best state possible.

From the forums:

lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:38 am

lalalei2001 wrote:https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=mighty+no+9+delayed

Although we understand that everyone was looking forward to playing Mighty No. 9 as soon as possible, a release delay is going to be announced for the game at Gamescom 2015, which is currently being held in Cologne, Germany.

This is a project that would not have existed without the support of our backers, so we at least wanted to deliver this news to our backers before it is officially announced.

We are unable to confirm a final release date at this time, however we will be aiming for a release in Q1 2016. Once a solid release date is set, we will announce it immediately to our backers and fans.

Of course, it is important to explain why exactly the game is being delayed. As we have communicated in the updates to our backers, all of the core content for the game is developed and in a complete state.

However, there are still bugs and issues pertaining to the online features that are included in the game. These bugs and issues have a direct affect on enjoyment of the game, so a decision was made to work these issues out before release.

Currently, comcept and their partners are working at full capacity to resolve these issues and fix any remaining bugs.

In addition, we have received quite a few requests for additional information regarding the various platforms that are part of the platform survey we have sent out.

We have also only managed to receive around half of the total responses needed for the survey.

Considering the fact that the game’s release has been delayed, we are planning to open another platform survey once a final release date has been settled upon.

We will continue to deliver the most up-to-date info to our backers and fans through our forum updates, so please keep an eye out!

We appreciate your support and patience regarding this matter, and look forward to delivering Mighty No. 9 to our backers and fans in the best state possible.

From the forums:

If you don't get banned from the MN9 forums for posting that, there's a problem.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Someone else took the screenshot ^^; I haven't been to the forums at all.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Damo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=mighty+no+9+delayed

From the forums:

I know it was late in Japan, but I'm still pretty disappointed that Josh posted his "sorry I haven't been around" in the thread about the delay because it's completely unrelated. He's apologizing for not being around more because he's been working on Red Ash. It has diddly-squat to do with the delay. It has bupkiss to do about announcing the delay. He's not in charge of announcements, he's just the only high-ranking English speaker not in Germany at the moment, so he poked his nose in the thread and opened with an apology for not being around.

The mods saw people asking about a delay rumor back on the 27th or so. Word was sent to comcept, and the answer tat came back was that there was no delay. They hadn't heard about any problems from Inti/Deep Silver yet. It was assumed there must just be a mixup, like with Amazon claim that the collectors' editions wouldn't happen. Word didn't reach comcept about a delay until later. Hence my "Huh. Some of that's news to me" in this thread. I'd thought a misunderstanding had been corrected and things were still on course for September, when actually comcept just hadn't yet gotten word that it wasn't a misunderstanding and there really was going to be a delay. Inti's report about the extent of the problem and what needs to be done to fix it is hot off the press. Network issues that need to be addressed for both digital and physical copies across all platforms. Oy.
Damo
BumbleKnight

Postby Dejimon11 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:44 pm

How comcept is handling this game is what angers me. If they were upfront and honest right from the get go I wouldn't have a problem with the delay. Its the fact that they were just being quiet the whole time and kept making deal after deal with companies to merchandise a game that we don't even know how successful is going to be. What makes it worse is that when they announced Red Ash they said that Mighty No.9 is already finished but it turns out it's not so in a way they pretty much lied to us. I understand that Comcept is a business and they need to make stuff in order to stay alive but this is horrible. And the worst part is they told the backers about this later when stores and news articles already reported about the delays. That's disrespectful to the backers that helped fund your game guys.
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!