Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:33 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:Eh, Extra Credits used to be something I watched, but they have shown a misunderstanding of gaming culture and the games industry in a few of their videos, so I dropped them.


Like what? I can kind of see their view on things like DLC, microtransactions, downloadable demos being off putting to people, But they are people who do work in the games industry it's kind of hard to misunderstand what you do for a living. Thing again there are a lot of people that are idiots that do.
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:43 am

ReifuTD wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Eh, Extra Credits used to be something I watched, but they have shown a misunderstanding of gaming culture and the games industry in a few of their videos, so I dropped them.


Like what? I can kind of see their view on things like DLC, microtransactions, downloadable demos being off putting to people, But they are people who do work in the games industry it's kind of hard to misunderstand what you do for a living. Thing again there are a lot of people that are idiots that do.

Not sure what it was exactly, but I think it had to do with them talking about harassment and not making any effort to talk about ethics. I don't really respect any source that picks a side like that.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mordum » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Not sure what it was exactly, but I think it had to do with them talking about harassment and not making any effort to talk about ethics.


You are a twenty seven year old man.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:41 am

Illustrious Q wrote:Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.

You do realize that pointing out the flaws in one thing does not make the other thing disappear, right? In fact, it only serves to make a shield to hide behind. The reason I don't like to talk about that stuff as much as I used to is that no one ever talks about the issues in the media anymore, because apparently the actions of people who don't like them suddenly make them all saints, for some reason.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:42 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.

You do realize that pointing out the flaws in one thing does not make the other thing disappear, right? In fact, it only serves to make a shield to hide behind. The reason I don't like to talk about that stuff as much as I used to is that no one ever talks about the issues in the media anymore, because apparently the actions of people who don't like them suddenly make them all saints, for some reason.


You are a twenty seven year old man.

And seeing people ignoring issues through strawmanning and scapegoating ticks me off, your point?
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.

You do realize that pointing out the flaws in one thing does not make the other thing disappear, right? In fact, it only serves to make a shield to hide behind. The reason I don't like to talk about that stuff as much as I used to is that no one ever talks about the issues in the media anymore, because apparently the actions of people who don't like them suddenly make them all saints, for some reason.


Are you trying saying Auto Muting and Banning problem players is unethical because it censership or something?
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.

You do realize that pointing out the flaws in one thing does not make the other thing disappear, right? In fact, it only serves to make a shield to hide behind.

Discussing harassment does not "make a shield" to hide behind discussion of non-ethics (or something) because THE FORMER IS PART OF THE LATTER.
User avatar
Gonzo
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.

You do realize that pointing out the flaws in one thing does not make the other thing disappear, right?


Of course I do Mavrick. However, what it does do it point out the hypocrisy who are championing ethics in a manner that is totally unethical. Which in turn makes those who are championing it look like:

1) idiots.

2) fools to be taken about a seriously as pink elephants.

3) spoiled children throwing a temper-tantrum.

It is very hard to take any of those three, let alone what they are talking about, seriously

Mavrickindigo wrote:In fact, it only serves to make a shield to hide behind. The reason I don't like to talk about that stuff as much as I used to is that no one ever talks about the issues in the media anymore, because apparently the actions of people who don't like them suddenly make them all saints, for some reason.


Mavrick, most of the people who champion gamergate don't talk about the issues in a civilized manner. Yourself included when you were going on and on and on about it. Of course no one wants to talk about it. They are tired of having their throats jumped on the second they give a dissenting opinion.
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Sunwalker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:Mavrick. Harassment is unethical. End of story.

You do realize that pointing out the flaws in one thing does not make the other thing disappear, right?


Of course I do Mavrick. However, what it does do it point out the hypocrisy who are championing ethics in a manner that is totally unethical. Which in turn makes those who are championing it look like:

1) idiots.

2) fools to be taken about a seriously as pink elephants.

3) spoiled children throwing a temper-tantrum.

It is very hard to take any of those three, let alone what they are talking about, seriously

Mavrickindigo wrote:In fact, it only serves to make a shield to hide behind. The reason I don't like to talk about that stuff as much as I used to is that no one ever talks about the issues in the media anymore, because apparently the actions of people who don't like them suddenly make them all saints, for some reason.


Mavrick, most of the people who champion gamergate don't talk about the issues in a civilized manner. Yourself included when you were going on and on and on about it. Of course no one wants to talk about it. They are tired of having their throats jumped on the second they give a dissenting opinion.

Do you negotiate with terrorists? Is it "harassment" if you just nuke them in order to prevent them from harming you any longer?

The entertainment industry is mostly a groupthink in which if you say the wrong word you might get your career ruined. You have to wholeheartedly embrace the cause of the day, whichever it is today, or you will be ostracized and suffer character assassination.

Good luck with figuring out what is the "cause", because it is always changing. Do not have enough diversity? You are racist. Do you have diversity? Now it is cultural appropriation, yet you still have to meet a quota of minority characters. A woman showing no skin? This means she is submissive. The woman shows skin? Now it is an apology to a very bad thing. And showing Samurais on your works is racist for reasons that only SJWs know. Better not forget that it is not "Indians", it is "Native Americans", but it is cultural appropriation anyways... And I hope you do not have any Confederate flags in work. I could go for a long while...

People can only take being demonized and having their careers ruined for so long before they decide they had the enough. Do you really think that the aggressors can be reasoned with? Fighting fire with fire is unfortunately the only way to deal with them. They are not used with people fighting back, and now they are hipocritically making themselves the victim.
Last edited by Sunwalker on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Sunwalker wrote:Do negotiate with terrorists? Is it "harassment" if you just nuke them to prevent them from harming you?


You know that terrorists =/= gaming journalists (or I hope a decent majority of the Gamergate champions. Which in turn happens to support my point. Go back 5 years, replace the world terrorist with Nazi and the whole lunchpin of the argument falls to pieces for having no keg to stand on.

Sunwalker wrote:The entertainment industry is mostly a groupthink in which if you say the wrong word you might get your career ruined. You have to wholeheartedly embrace the cause of the day, whichever it is today, or you will be ostracized and suffer character assassination.

Good look with figuring out what is the "cause", because it is always changing. Do not have enough diversity? You are racist. Do you have diversity? Now it is cultural appropriation, yet you still have to meet a quota of minority characters. A woman showing no skin? This means she is submissive. The woman shows skin? Now it is an apology to a very bad thing. And showing Samurais on your works is racist for reasons that only SJWs know. Better not forget that it is not "Indians", it is "Native Americans", but it is cultural appropriation anyways... And I hope you do not have any Confederate flags in work. I could go for a long while...

People can only take being demonized and having their careers ruined for so long before they decide they had the enough. Do you really think that the aggressors can be reasoned with? Fighting fire with fire is unfortunately the only way to deal with them. They are not used with people fighting back, and now they are hipocritically making themselves the victim.


...Sun, did you just completely agree with me even though you started out with the terrorist bit?
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Sunwalker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:10 pm

My post was on Mavrickindigo's side. I was talking about the fight against political correctness on entertainment industry, against the SJWs, the White Knights, or whatever you decide to call them. I do not like to use much political labels, because they may mean different things for each people and cause misunderstandings. But here, this time, I am making an exception.

They are the aggressors, they are the ones ruining people's careers for stupid reasons, and they have been doing this for a while. They cannot be reasoned with, and destroying their careers is the solution. Since it seems I need to spell it directly, here it goes: I do support #GamerGate, even though I am not part of the movement.

But in the end of the day it turned to be a revealing thing that I ended up being vague, because it shows a common SJW tactic: they always project themselves on others, they blame the others of what they do. Apparently you got your news from SJW media, because you accuse #GamerGate of exactly what the SJWs do.

Liying and demonizing an adversary on the media and blaming it for all the problems under the sun is a common political strategy, this is called character assassination, and this is why #GamerGate is vilified. But the SJWs are the ones who are far from being innocent.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:24 pm

oh nice, the circus is in town :D
User avatar
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: North Charleston, SC

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Why don't we take this discussion over to its proper thread?
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Keiji Inafune presents Mighty Number 9

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:25 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Why don't we take this discussion over to its proper thread?


Mav beat me to it, but yes. This isn't even about Mighty No. 9 any more -- take it where it belongs.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
User avatar
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite
 
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm
Location: Balloon Fight Arena

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests