The Thread of Mega Man Dreams

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

The Thread of Mega Man Dreams

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 am

I believe we may have had at least one dream relating to the Mega Man characters. I also recall a thread like this, but I think it's at the point of no return now, so I'll start a new one.

Here's one I had. Groaning will be had, so I'll spoil it.
Spoiler: show
In a dream which I mostly can not remember (though I would assume it had a ton of random events), here's a part I do remember. Proto Man (or Blues) wakes up one day, sees Quake Woman (Tempo), and instantly falls in love with her. My memories of the dream stop after that.

I doubt you're the only one upset at this (or at least, how it's handled). What I do know is that it's one of the few dreams I can actually remember.

Here's another one. It involved seeing copies of a translated Mega Man Zero manga at a Wal-Mart of all places, and I wanted a copy despite what I heard about it. I...don't know what to think of it.

What are your dreams regarding this franchise?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Re: The Thread of Mega Man Dreams

Postby Tcat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:34 am

Never had one directly of the franchise... have had a TON with my Reploid RP crew though in the last ten years. ...Some pushing passed the PG-13 rating XD;

There's probably not enough plot based story line to drag me into a MM related dream. Legacy of Kain, Red Dead Redemption and even Bioshock have been the basis of them before, but 2D pixelated sprites aren't exactly memorable in my mind apparently (though Spider and Zero have made cameos before).
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 pm

I once dreamed that Omega-Xis ate Rush ftom NT Warrior...
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Penguin God » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:11 am

I dreamt of a world where Reploids and humans lived together in peace.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:01 am

I have only ever had one dream with a Mega Man character in it. Ever. Most of the other dreams I have include space opera crossovers and The Fifth Doctor hugging me for no reason. And Daleks.

Though the one dream I had involved Quint and my friend. They were trapped in a German mansion by this creepy dude, and I drove and flew a plane out there to go rescue them. I was sneaking around the house and almost got caught...

Then I woke up.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Last night I dreamed that the Worlds Collide ended.

Spoiler: show
Snively finally gets out of his cell only for the chaos control/genesis wave to go off and make everything reset. Poor Snively.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Oakie620 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 am

There is a single MM related dream I had many years ago.

It was basically a flashback of Volnutt's past life as a Purifier Unit. Details are hazy, but it seemed to involve a series of battles leading to his fateful clash with Sera. Something of note, however, is how different Trigger looked; his armor was silver, with golden engravings. It seemed to harken to X's armors in some ways.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 pm

Just woke up from a dream where Tempo from the Archie comics was a Stardroid. She wore grey armor that nearly covered her entire body, but lost her helmet when Terra attacked her and Mega Man using a magnet weapon that tried to pull them apart.

She took no damage from his attacks, but neither did he, and she couldn't fight him when he started endangering civilians because she had to protect them. But she was able to get Mega to safety along with Roll, who was RS-Roll for some reason.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I just woke up from a dream that was a remake/enhanced version of Mega Man II for the Game Boy. Crash Man was still the hardest boss in the game, but the Wily Walker had also gotten a serious upgrade, mostly because he kept hiding under a lava flow and trying to burn you with it by jumping up/down.

Also for some reason Dr. Cossack was a fortress boss, his battle theme was Red's from Pokemon Gold/Silver, and he didn't have any armor--all he did was run back and forth with a spread shot gun, but it was still really difficult because of an un even floor, the spread shot, and collision damage. Go figure.

Tango was there too for some reason. She was even on the title screen, reflected in Quint's visor.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 am

I had a 5-part dream.

1. X and Zero came from the future to help take down the Stardroids, and Wily and his Robot Masters also joined up with Mega Man for a temporary alliance.

2. Despite being surrounded by pretty much everyone, Terra wasn't worried at all because Stardroids could also merge with each other if necessary. He chose Pluto and squared off against Proto and Tango.

3. Guts Man's strategy hadn't changed a bit from 'hitting things' even though 'catching things' also proved effective.

4. At some point in the future Beck from Mighty No. 9 was created. But Terra somehow destroyed him. It was sad. I think X and Zero created him together, which was interesting--robots creating robotic life and all.

5. I woke up to 'Another One Bites the Dust' except instead of that it was 'You Really Don't Stand A Chance.'
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 am

Last year I had a deram that I was watching a cartoon based on Archie Mega Man. I don't think that this will ever happen, but it is funny to see that there is currently a Mega Man cartoon in production :mrgreen:
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 am

I think I had a dream once where Bass was in pursuit of me.

But it wasn't as scary as it sounds.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:22 pm

I dreamed last night that issue 55 came out and the forum got locked because the comic was canceled. Ian, in the vein of Lost Hedgehog Tales, wrote down what his plans for the comic were if they'd been able to continue it.

I really hope that dream doesn't come true.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 pm

It won't be true in the fact the board will stay open and it'll get moved to previous works instead.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:43 am

Well if it's only on 'hiatus' It'll probably stay where it is for a while, I guess.

I suppose we could be hit with a bombshell that the comic is cancelled for good, but I don't know about that actually happening.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Return to For Everlasting Peace!