The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Postby Nintenfreak » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Nintenfreak wrote:So if Mega Man X stars Mega Man X, why doesn't Mega Man V star Mega Man V?

Because "Mega Man X" stars "X", not "Mega Man X" and "Mega Man V" is roman numeral five.

Pretty sure the dude's name is Mega Man X.
Nintenfreak
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:25 am

SonicSoul wrote:He mostly saw X as a beacon of hope for peace rather than a son who chose to be a fighter for peace like Rock was. Rock and Roll were designed to look and act like children. X not so much.

Not too many robots have civilian modes in the Classic series besides Rock/Roll either (Proto Man, every Robot Master ever, Bass) so it's not like something like that could be picked up for future robot designs anyway.

Proto Man has a civilian mode.

As for X, Light said he hoped that X would be able to lead a peaceful existence... which makes the "always on" armed-and-armored warrior bit all the more strange.

If anything, it makes more sense to make him like Rock, and then if a Wily War breaks out, have him get armored in a capsule, or just be able to call on the armor himself.

Dejimon11 wrote:where did mega man's city being named "monsteropolis" come from?

The original localization for Mega Man 1. I think it might have been used in MM2's marketing materials (box, manual), but never really again since (save for in occasional jest, i.e. MM9's box, which was lifted almost word for word from MM1's). Dreamwave said their city used to be Monsteropolis, I think, but then said it was now Mega City.

Super Rayzor wrote:Canon question, are Power Battle and Power Fighters considered canon and if so where do they fit?

Yes; Power Battle is after 7, Power Fighters is after 8. Whether PF is before or after MM&B is unsaid, and will likely remain unaddressed.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Oakie620 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Mind, Legends may be a different story, the likes of Volnutt, Sera, Yuna, and others from Elysium specifically. Considering MegaMan there can basically pop limbs off and swap them around like an action figure, I have no idea what his deal is.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

According to Yuna, both she and Sera are androids with positronic brains. She also claimed that her body is made of nanotechnology.

Volnutt however had nearly all of his body replaced with bionic parts to carry out full scale explorations as a Digger (keep in mind he had no memory of his past). This is supposed to be common practice in the world of Legends.

This doesn't quite explain why he appears completely organic in the Legends 2 opening, though.

LilacDownDeep wrote:Considering how nearly all of the reploids are animaloid, I don't see why they would have a civilian mode. Seriously, whose idea was it to make them animal based?

The "animaloids" are actually the minority even in the X series, as evidenced by the sheer number of generic Reploid NPCs seen in later games. They're built differently to work in specific environments; besides, the animal (and occasional plant) motifs give the series a unique flair and look cool (most of the time).

Super Rayzor wrote:Also, I read on MMKB that X: Command Mission is not considered canon to the X series; is that outright stated, general consensus, or just someone's guess?

It's false; that was never stated by official sources, ergo the game is canon.

Super Rayzor wrote:Finally, do they ever say what happened to Rock, Roll, and the rest of the bots between MM10 and MMX1; do they get destroyed, decommissioned, or what?

Like any technology, robots become obsolete as newer and better models are developed. Other sources also suggest an increasing fear of robots; MM10 establishes humanity's extreme reliance on robots, contributing to global chaos in the wake of the Roboenza outbreak. Dr. Light's warning in X1 acknowledges the inherent risk in X's free will (he even compares the danger to the "Dr. Wily incidents" in the Japanese manual, citing those as the most fear inducing events of his time). The MHX version is more ambiguous, but still conveys the idea of humanity being unprepared for a robot like X.

So even though Capcom doesn't plan on telling us what happened between the series, it's certainly possible to imagine the world's state of affairs by the time X was sealed away (robots falling in disuse definitely contributes to the importance of Reploids one century later). We also know that Zero didn't kill everyone and Dr. Wily cheated death with the virus.

Finally, if we assume the future can't be changed, Rock is fated to become Quint.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 am

ReifuTD wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:My headcanon has most of the Robot Masters having civilian modes anyway for disguises and blending in so people don't go all "IT'S WILY'S ROBOTS!" and panic on the streets. I mean, if you notice the Light Bots get stared at when they were out shopping too...

Plus SOMEONE has to go out and get ramen for Dr. Wily when he runs out of food. x'D

I few other fun things can be done with the concpet. Wily Bots could be walking around in disguise spying on and interacting with the Light family. Mega Man can't hurt them until he conferms he's fighting is robot or human. (Thats how he can fight Sonic in the crossover, Sonic moves so fast he thought he was a robot.) Plus you can't be sure if a new human introduced isn't going to turn into Crystal Man or something.

Indubitably. Shadow Man is the one I see MOST LIKELY to have a human form/disguise, because he's a NINJA. Ninjutsu is not about sneaking around with stereotypical fishnets and wearing black (in fact wearing black is really bad, it actually makes you stand out better. Dark blue and red are far better, which are on Shadow Man), and ninjas usually disguised themselves as peasants and other people. Shadow Man would easily be able to blend in if he had a human disguise.

I've actually done a lot of reading on the ninja, it's actually really fascinating. For example they did not perform hara kiri for no reason and they didn't stand around looking mute and stoned... I'm looking at you, Hitoshi Ariga. *glares*
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:34 pm

what was protoman doing during mega man 5 when Wily framed him?
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:what was protoman doing during mega man 5 when Wily framed him?

Same thing as Ice Man: Getting lost.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Hanging out in bars, drinking scotch and thinking about how mankind's souls are weighed down by gravity, and how he can move three times faster than Amu-- Mega Man.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:

I dont get Blues at times. In a situation like that you'd think he'd help instead of saving rock, light and wily at the end of the game. In mega man V(gameboy) during an alien invasion he didnt do anything except give you an item to refill your health(even thought eddie could of done that), in mega man 8 after duo helps rock he just helps teleport duo away and doesnt come back to help you fight wily
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:

I dont get Blues at times. In a situation like that you'd think he'd help instead of saving rock, light and wily at the end of the game. In mega man V(gameboy) during an alien invasion he didnt do anything except give you an item to refill your health(even thought eddie could of done that), in mega man 8 after duo helps rock he just helps teleport duo away and doesnt come back to help you fight wily

Archie will probably make him far more useful.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Ken Bassiroth » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Captain Harlock wrote:

Hanging out in bars, drinking scotch and thinking about how mankind's souls are weighed down by gravity, and how he can move three times faster than Amu-- Mega Man.

I knew it. Proto Man is really Char Aznable. Now he's going to drop an entire space colony built into a meteor onto the planet to cause global cooling...or move mankind out into space or...something. Been a while since I watched Char's Counter Attack.
Ken Bassiroth
BumbleNewbie

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Did they ever explain what country the series is primarily set in?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:29 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:Did they ever explain what country the series is primarily set in?

were all just assuming that its in America
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:Did they ever explain what country the series is primarily set in?

I think once, a long time ago, somewhere it said said Texas of all place (It might've been Ruby Spears). My headcanon is the Northeast United States. Ariga's I think is in Japan.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 pm

RS-MM implied New York, and in Novas Aventureas de Megaman it was Brazil.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Did wily use bass' designs to create zero?
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!