The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Postby Uwaaii » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:59 pm

What!? there was a gereral question thread for Megaman?!

DabigRG wrote:I guess all the Waltz and Piano discussion was appropriate given my question:
While searching threw the Megaman wiki a while back, I found a third evil!Roll type character who's associated image had a slightly older girl with purple hair in a ponytail-type style, who barely resembled a robot much like how Roll doesn't, and was apparently from some obscure party/board/computer game, where she was up against Roll herself. I recall typing in her name(which was something like Rhythm, Timpani, or some other obscure instrument/musical term) on google images and the only other match was for a Deviantart picture depicting her alongside Bass with the description referencing her obscurity.

As luck would have it, when I attempted to find the page again on the Megaman wiki, I had a hard time searching for it(though the obnoxious slowdown-causing ads didn't help). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Sorry to say I have no clue, not enough information. The only purple haired Roll-like character I can think of is Piano from RockmanR, and someone's recolor of Call design D
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Sounds like Piano from Rockmen R: Dr. Wily's Counterattack. It's a fangame, not official, but it's nice enough.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby DabigRG » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:27 pm

Oh, I didn't realize I was committing thread necromancy. Well, if it is the general question thread and the Mods don't mind, then I guess I can live with it.

Anyway, I recall the picture used to be in a similar style as Sonic Battle cutscenes. The Purple-Roll looked a little surprised or offended by whatever the player character was saying.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:31 pm

DabigRG wrote:Oh, I didn't realize I was committing thread necromancy. Well, if it is the general question thread and the Mods don't mind, then I guess I can live with it.

Technically, you revived it on the deadline.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Uwaaii » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:44 am

I was wondering if we had this thread, there were so many things I wanted to discuss. And I'm too nervous to make my own thread for that, so totally awesome for me!

DabigRG wrote:Anyway, I recall the picture used to be in a similar style as Sonic Battle cutscenes. The Purple-Roll looked a little surprised or offended by whatever the player character was saying.

Is there anything else you remember? I'm 80% positive she's from a fangame or different series, but I'm still curious to see her.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby DabigRG » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Uwaaii wrote:I was wondering if we had this thread, there were so many things I wanted to discuss. And I'm too nervous to make my own thread for that, so totally awesome for me!

DabigRG wrote:Anyway, I recall the picture used to be in a similar style as Sonic Battle cutscenes. The Purple-Roll looked a little surprised or offended by whatever the player character was saying.

Is there anything else you remember? I'm 80% positive she's from a fangame or different series, but I'm still curious to see her.

Not really. I'm trying to see if I can trick google into showing me that image since I seem to vaguely recall her not having her own full page but rather a small section mentioning her existence. Its been so long however and my computer doesn't having that search info anymore. Again, the character actually looked pretty much human just like Roll does, hence why I brought it up. Most female-Bass/evil-Roll/Wily-girl-period designs tend to put focus on the robot-master/cyborg aspects similar to Quake Woman, Piano, and W. Waltz, so it was nice to see one that actually resembled Roll's basic style for a change.

You may be on to something, though, and perhaps it was a fangame mistaken for real that got corrected later on.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Antiyonder » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:08 am

I was reading through my recently acquired copy of the Mega Man Robot Masters Field Guide and noticed mention of another book from Udon ''Mega Man Tribute".

I might try to get that one later this year, but I was curious as to what the content is. Is it another type of artbook or more centered on Mega Man info/trivia/history?
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Gonzo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:45 am

Another type of artbook consisting of tribute pieces, largely by professional artists who were only half-familiar with Megaman at the time (so there's quite a few alternate takes on Megaman and co).
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:07 am

Fans and professionals. Wouldn't say they were only "half-familiar" at the time, it's just different tributes, homages, and interpretations.

Also: hope you're enjoying the Field Guide! =)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Gonzo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:41 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Wouldn't say they were only "half-familiar" at the time

Hrm; I remember at least one person mentioning how many artists who made it in the book admitted that they didn't know much about MM...

(t'would like to note that I think the artworks that were accepted are quite decent, even though there was a fair bit of complaining about them going too far off-base or something)
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:48 pm

It probably varies from person to person; maybe there was a greater number on that front than I was aware?

I'd have to ask Matt about it...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Antiyonder » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:59 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Also: hope you're enjoying the Field Guide! =)

It's a nice read. The 25th anniversary book is my favorite of the two obviously, but the field guide is still a fun and informative of the Robot Master's character traits.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:12 am

Antiyonder wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Also: hope you're enjoying the Field Guide! =)

It's a nice read. The 25th anniversary book is my favorite of the two obviously, but the field guide is still a fun and informative of the Robot Master's character traits.

Oh yeah, the 25th book is a freaking tome, and it has X, too! Hard to compete with that.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Uwaaii » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:17 pm

I don't know if I should ask here, but...

Does anyone know any good active forums that I can talk about Megaman, both game and comic?
I know several Sonic ones, but the few Megaman ones I found is half-dead, barely active, or have limited topics.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 am

Most places i go lump mega man and sonic together nowadays but their discussions have been much more sparse than in the old days
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!