The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Postby Penguin God » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:10 am

Man I could not disagree harder. Quint is fairly interesting and ridiculous, while Rockman Shadow is just a convoluted mess of a character. One has a simple story and gimmick, while the other is just a super-clone with the worst backstory possible. I don't even like Quin that much, but "future Mega Man" is a far better concept than "other-Bass that got double-forgotten and turned out to be apocalyptically powerful."
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
The KKM wrote:
SurrealBrain wrote:I felt like asking this all of a sudden, so I might as well do so now.

I believe Ian has said that he can't adapt Mega Man & Bass: Challenger of the future. That's fine, since even without that, there's still tons of games left to adapt. The problem is that a hint of a future adaptation of that one were already dropped in issue 20, I believe. Should he get to that point, and assuming things don't change by then, does Ian have at least a small idea of what to do with said hint? Don't say what it is, gotta keep things under wraps to prevent spoilers, after all.

I understand if he's not concerned now, but I figure I ask anyhow, since I'm curious.

At the time everyone thought "Rockman Shadow" was miscoloured, but considering what we know now seems he's just going to do a Quint story that's clearly "adapting" Challenger of the Future.

To me that seems so stupid. Quint is a terrible idea for a character, and a terrible boss. Rockman Shadow, on the other hand, is kinda interesting.

Makes me wonder if Ian can get away with ersatzing the likes of IX and the Bandai card game storyline for Mega Man X?

Agreed!

Penguin God wrote:Man I could not disagree harder. Quint is fairly interesting and ridiculous, while Rockman Shadow is just a convoluted mess of a character. One has a simple story and gimmick, while the other is just a super-clone with the worst backstory possible. I don't even like Quin that much, but "future Mega Man" is a far better concept than "other-Bass that got double-forgotten and turned out to be apocalyptically powerful."

Disagreed!

Quint is awful. It's a convoluted mess that really makes no sense whatsoever. I have discussed this at length. Quint should never have happened. Rockman Shadow at least a bit more sense. Although, to clarify, I don't think Rockman Shadow is very interesting, but at least it isn't utterly ridiculous to such a degree that it borders on the hyperbolic.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:10 am

I like Quint, personally.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:50 am

I like Quitn and don't know enough about Rockman Shadow to form an opinion.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:42 pm

How is Quint a mess in anyway? Wily travels to the future, grabs de-weaponised Mega Man, brings him back which automatically means new timeline. Even if Quint is killed, doesn't mean that's what's gonna happen to Mega Man.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Well, I like both Quint and Rockman-Shadow. They are pretty complicated in a time travel standard, but they aren't as complicated as some other time traveling related shenanigans.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:57 pm

The KKM wrote: which automatically means new timeline.

So far it seems the comic is subscribing to time being linear. If not, then Worlds collide would have been an alternate timeline, but it wasn't.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Scurvy the hedgehog » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:08 pm

Don't know if anyone has said anything about this but I just read Mega man 40# and......since it seems like World's collide will happen, at some point in the future...doesn't that mean, the mega man universe...is doomed? I mean, think about it. worlds collide happens, and what does Mega man do at the end of it? uses chaos control to bring their universe back in time, to the point when the genesis wave happened. some time goes, worlds collide happens. at the end, mega man does the same thing. uses chaos control to bring their world, back to the point, where the genesis wave happens...time goes, WC happens, same thing happens, and they are BACK at the point, when the genesis wave happened....You know what that means? From the looks of it...the mega man universe is now, trapped in an endless cycle! Don't know if, Ian has been thinking about this, but from the looks of it, now, that seems to be what will happen.

has anybody else thought about this?
Scurvy the hedgehog
BumbleNewbie

Postby N'egga Man » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:33 pm

Scurvy the hedgehog wrote:Don't know if anyone has said anything about this but I just read Mega man 40# and......since it seems like World's collide will happen, at some point in the future...doesn't that mean, the mega man universe...is doomed? I mean, think about it. worlds collide happens, and what does Mega man do at the end of it? uses chaos control to bring their universe back in time, to the point when the genesis wave happened. some time goes, worlds collide happens. at the end, mega man does the same thing. uses chaos control to bring their world, back to the point, where the genesis wave happens...time goes, WC happens, same thing happens, and they are BACK at the point, when the genesis wave happened....You know what that means? From the looks of it...the mega man universe is now, trapped in an endless cycle! Don't know if, Ian has been thinking about this, but from the looks of it, now, that seems to be what will happen.

Has anybody else thought about this?

I've been thinking about it for a while, but my guess is that, if/when that time comes, the circumstances of how Wily and Eggman meet will likely be different:
Spoiler: show
Basically, instead of Wily finding a Chaos Emerald in his world pre-MM3, perhaps he finds one post-MM10, and/or maybe Wily and Eggman find a different way to communicate with each other. Also, instead of meeting the Eggman from before Sonic's reboot, Wily instead meets the current timeline's version. From there, they still create the Skull Egg Zone, the Wily Egg, and maybe use something similar to the Genesis Wave, and the plot pretty much goes the same as the current version. But in the end, either both heroes restore their worlds (but Sonic's world is still the Nu252 universe), or they just erase the Skull Egg Zone and head back home.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Hm... makes me wonder if the next crossover will take place after MM 10 again

But this time, Mega Man has deja vu and the Genesis wave restores his memories, so he needs to do something in order to stop something bad from happening.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 pm

That doesn't make any sense though. How could the emerald NOT be there when they return to their proper dimensional locations after the world got reset, and why would Rock be so shocked at remembering Break Man back in the crossover? That's just a plot hole right there that's waiting to be filled, or time is not as linear as we think it is in this particular universe.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 am

LilacDownDeep wrote:That doesn't make any sense though. How could the emerald NOT be there when they return to their proper dimensional locations after the world got reset, and why would Rock be so shocked at remembering Break Man back in the crossover? That's just a plot hole right there that's waiting to be filled, or time is not as linear as we think it is in this particular universe.

Its possible that he would still act that way when it happens, because he's getting feedback from back when the genesis wave was actually fired off. We assume that the Mega Man in Worlds Collide is the Mega Man from issue 23, but I have a feeling that is incorrect. Think about it. Mega Man reacted to returning to the rooftop the same way he did when the Mega Man from the future in issue 20 returned to the "present." He forgot all about what had happened, because that stuff actually happened in the future.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Scurvy the hedgehog wrote:Don't know if anyone has said anything about this but I just read Mega man 40# and......since it seems like World's collide will happen, at some point in the future...doesn't that mean, the mega man universe...is doomed? I mean, think about it. worlds collide happens, and what does Mega man do at the end of it? uses chaos control to bring their universe back in time, to the point when the genesis wave happened. some time goes, worlds collide happens. at the end, mega man does the same thing. uses chaos control to bring their world, back to the point, where the genesis wave happens...time goes, WC happens, same thing happens, and they are BACK at the point, when the genesis wave happened....You know what that means? From the looks of it...the mega man universe is now, trapped in an endless cycle! Don't know if, Ian has been thinking about this, but from the looks of it, now, that seems to be what will happen.

has anybody else thought about this?

However we already saw stories set in the X era, which means that the Mega Man's Universe was not destroyed.

Wily found the chaos emerald at the pre-MM3 time, and the Genesis Wave shifted the timeline to the post-MM10 time. Then when the timeline reaches Worlds Collide "again", then I guess that the MM timeline will continue as usual instead of shifting back. Or maybe...
...the Genesis wave was the cataclysm that erased Mega Man and all the robot masters, thus leading to the X era.:twisted:

On a different note, the logic on stories involving time travel usually get fuzzy. By the way, one of the arguments in Sci-Fi against the possibility of time travel is that it generates the possibility of paradoxes, which are impossible by definition. That is, if one timeline had invented (will invent?) time travel, it would eventually get erased due to paradoxes. Then the most stable state is having a timeline where time travel was never invented. The book "City Beyond Time: Tales of the Fall of Metachronopolis" deals with this subject, it is one the best time travel books that I have read.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Scurvy the hedgehog » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:18 am

NegaMetallix wrote:

Has anybody else thought about this?

I've been thinking about it for a while, but my guess is that, if/when that time comes, the circumstances of how Wily and Eggman meet will likely be different:
Basically, instead of Wily finding a Chaos Emerald in his world pre-MM3, perhaps he finds one post-MM10, and/or maybe Wily and Eggman find a different way to communicate with each other. Also, instead of meeting the Eggman from before Sonic's reboot, Wily instead meets the current timeline's version. From there, they still create the Skull Egg Zone, the Wily Egg, and maybe use something similar to the Genesis Wave, and the plot pretty much goes the same as the current version. But in the end, either both heroes restore their worlds (but Sonic's world is still the Nu252 universe), or they just erase the Skull Egg Zone and head back home.

That kinda makes sense..

However we already saw stories set in the X era, which means that the Mega Man's Universe was not destroyed.

Wily found the chaos emerald at the pre-MM3 time, and the Genesis Wave shifted the timeline to the post-MM10 time. Then when the timeline reaches Worlds Collide "again", then I guess that the MM timeline will continue as usual instead of shifting back. Or maybe...

On a different note, the logic on stories involving time travel usually get fuzzy. By the way, one of the arguments in Sci-Fi against the possibility of time travel is that it generates the possibility of paradoxes, which are impossible by definition. That is, if one timeline had invented (will invent?) time travel, it would eventually get erased due to paradoxes. Then the most stable state is having a timeline where time travel was never invented. The book "City Beyond Time: Tales of the Fall of Metachronopolis" deals with this subject, it is one the best time travel books that I have read.

I never said it would be destroyed, only that it would basically end up, in an eternal time loop.

I see.

Postby DabigRG » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:58 pm

I guess all the Waltz and Piano discussion was appropriate given my question:
While searching threw the Megaman wiki a while back, I found a third evil!Roll type character who's associated image had a slightly older girl with purple hair in a ponytail-type style, who barely resembled a robot much like how Roll doesn't, and was apparently from some obscure party/board/computer game, where she was up against Roll herself. I recall typing in her name(which was something like Rhythm, Timpani, or some other obscure instrument/musical term) on google images and the only other match was for a Deviantart picture depicting her alongside Bass with the description referencing her obscurity.

As luck would have it, when I attempted to find the page again on the Megaman wiki, I had a hard time searching for it(though the obnoxious slowdown-causing ads didn't help). Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!