The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of General Mega Man-Related Questions

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Only Maverick Hunters are equipped with guns, silly.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:48 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Back when it was a thing, my idea was that maybe Reploids' mouths were like Mr. Fusions.

That's back when I thought that if you were going to create something that can think, feel, and make its own decisions like a human, and looks like a human, then maybe you'd want them to fit in like a human and adopt more human-like traits.

I do see now how naive I was; clearly, decking them out in irremovable helmets, body armor, and guns while walking down the street is much more likely to keep people at ease.

The most ironic part is that most of the reploids from early on are said to be from model lines and mass produced. So there's the same looking reploid for certain jobs (ex: That female navigator from Day of Sigma). Except if you're a Maverick Hunter, in which you are automatically special.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Can the robots eat? I know they don't eat usually nor do they need to, but could they if they wanted to, for pleasure?

This was kinda already addressed in issue #23.

Spoiler tagged because it's still a fairly new issue and some people might care about this. (I know I would.)
Spoiler: show
Gutsman suggests getting Mega Man a food processor and Cutman responds with "He doesn't eat food, Doofus! None of us do!"
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:49 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:Only Maverick Hunters are equipped with guns, silly.

X wasn't a Hunter when he popped out of his pod.

Of course, neither was Zero, but... well, that's a different story.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Penguin God » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:21 am

X was an Everything when he came out of his pod. He doesn't really count towards normal reploid construction direction.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 am

You know I allways ask my self why Dr. Light would model X off of Mega Man and not Rock? What I mean by that is X doesn't seem to have a civilian form. If I remeber right X came out of his pod on his armor. Witch makes me not sure just how Light sees X. If Light saw X like a son like Rock wouldn't he give X a human body or the ablity to transfrom from robot and human froms like Rock can do. I know Light gave X weapons and armor in case of the worst. But if Rock can do it why not X. If the future ended being very bad for robots and they ended being treated like disposable slaves you would think Light would want X to have the abilty to pass for human if needed.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:03 am

He mostly saw X as a beacon of hope for peace rather than a son who chose to be a fighter for peace like Rock was. Rock and Roll were designed to look and act like children. X not so much.

Not too many robots have civilian modes in the Classic series besides Rock/Roll either (Proto Man, every Robot Master ever, Bass) so it's not like something like that could be picked up for future robot designs anyway.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 pm

My headcanon has most of the Robot Masters having civilian modes anyway for disguises and blending in so people don't go all "IT'S WILY'S ROBOTS!" and panic on the streets. I mean, if you notice the Light Bots get stared at when they were out shopping too...

Plus SOMEONE has to go out and get ramen for Dr. Wily when he runs out of food. x'D
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:29 pm

where did mega man's city being named "monsteropolis" come from?
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:My headcanon has most of the Robot Masters having civilian modes anyway for disguises and blending in so people don't go all "IT'S WILY'S ROBOTS!" and panic on the streets. I mean, if you notice the Light Bots get stared at when they were out shopping too...

That makes sense. I kind of figured civilian modes are for robots that more human like Rock or Roll (even Blues has one in the Ariga version) and while Reploids do appear more human, I never saw a need for them to have a civilian mode.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:where did mega man's city being named "monsteropolis" come from?

I BELIEVE it came from one of the official translations that Dr. K had unearthed. I do not remember exactly, but I know it's sorta canon. I'd go onto the MMKB to confirm but it's slow as royal heck right now and really angering me going there. I can let someone else confirm where it came from.

SonicSoul wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:My headcanon has most of the Robot Masters having civilian modes anyway for disguises and blending in so people don't go all "IT'S WILY'S ROBOTS!" and panic on the streets. I mean, if you notice the Light Bots get stared at when they were out shopping too...

That makes sense. I kind of figured civilian modes are for robots that more human like Rock or Roll (even Blues has one in the Ariga version) and while Reploids do appear more human, I never saw a need for them to have a civilian mode.

Considering how nearly all of the reploids are animaloid, I don't see why they would have a civilian mode. Seriously, whose idea was it to make them animal based?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:where did mega man's city being named "monsteropolis" come from?

It was only used in the North American Mega Man manual and was invented for the US localization. Per MMKB... http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_(video_game)

"It's Mega Man versus the powerful leaders and fighting forces of Monsteropolis - that strange multi-faceted land of robot-like Humanoids."

Brilliant scientist Dr. Light conceived the construction of fully-operational human-like experimental robots to perform specific everyday duties. Dr. Light, and his assistant Dr. Wily, encouraged by their very first near-human robot - Mega Man - proceeded to develop six additional Humanoids, all programmed to perform prescribed rituals.

But, with the exception of Mega Man, all of Dr. Light's near-human robot experimentation went awry. Assistant Dr. Wily turned disloyal, re-programming Dr. Light's Humanoids, now bent on destroying opposition so Dr. Wily could control the world and its resources.

Resisting re-programming, Mega Man is chosen as the defender of the universe and its inhabitants. Mega Man dares to single-handedly penetrate seven separate empires of Monsteropolis, eliminating the leaders and followers of these sovereign ties."
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Plus SOMEONE has to go out and get ramen for Dr. Wily when he runs out of food. x'D

I few other fun things can be done with the concpet. Wily Bots could be walking around in disguise spying on and interacting with the Light family. Mega Man can't hurt them until he conferms he's fighting is robot or human. (Thats how he can fight Sonic in the crossover, Sonic moves so fast he thought he was a robot.) Plus you can't be sure if a new human introduced isn't going to turn into Crystal Man or something.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Super Rayzor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Canon question, are Power Battle and Power Fighters considered canon and if so where do they fit? Also, I read on MMKB that X: Command Mission is not considered canon to the X series; is that outright stated, general consensus, or just someone's guess? Finally, do they ever say what happened to Rock, Roll, and the rest of the bots between MM10 and MMX1; do they get destroyed, decommissioned, or what?
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Gonzo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:11 am

I'm pretty sure all three games are canon, and CM takes place sometime after X8 if memory serves. The Classic arcade games, probably before MM9.

As for what happens to the Classic guys in-between then and X, it's never said, and Capcom's official answer seems to be "we won't tell you, as to not invalidate anyone's theories".
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!