Mega Man #13 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #13 Preview

Postby Sockie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:21 pm

"(W) Ian Flynn (A) Gary Martin & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante
'Spiritus ex Machina,' Part 1. Mega Man joins Dr. Light at the Advanced Robotics Trade Show to address the future of thinking machines. New faces abound - who are Drs. Cossack and Lalinde? What sinister forces lurk behind the scenes? Meanwhile, Dr. Wily searches for something to give him the edge deep in the forbidden Lanfront Ruins. All this plus the debut of Rush!"

I can already see the complaints about Dr. Light having a possible love interest. And the Lanfront Ruins, eh? A possible adaptation of Super Adventure Rockman already?
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Re: Mega Man #13 Preview

Postby RadRed89 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Looks like Dr. Cossack and Rush are getting introduced early. Neat. I was kinda hoping Cossack would play a larger role in the comics than he did the games. He seems like a character who'd be fun to keep around.

I don't know anything about Super Adventure Rockman. So if parts of it are being brought into the comic, I probably won't know it. I wonder who that guy in the bottom right corner is...
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm

So that's hints of Mega Man 4, Super Adventure Rockman, Mega Man 9 AND the debut of Rush all at once? Hot dog.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Super Rayzor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Penguin God wrote:the debut of Rush all at once? Hot dog.

Pun intended?
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 pm

It's PG, of course the pun is intended. ;)

Interesting that Archie is going for a tabloid news cover. I think the last time I saw that was when Fiona turned traitor.

Also, Spiritus ex Machina, From Machine Soul. Now we've hit something very interesting here. Something I hadn't considered about the Mega Man Universe before, but really does apply.

"Consider that in the history of many worlds there have always been disposable creatures. They do the dirty work. They do the work that no one else wants to do, because it's too difficult or too hazardous. And an army of Datas, all disposable? You don't have to think about their welfare; you don't think about how they feel. Whole generations of disposable people." ST:TNG - The Measure of a Man

Is Mega Man a slave?
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Considering the MM9 bots were still active when Wily found them in the scrap heap, it shows you how much some humans care about robots. And these were Lightbots too! D:
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 pm

I think Wily is going to find Shadow man in the Lanfront Ruins and the location of the Gamma cryistles Megaman has to find in MM3. Light with a love intrest? Something I've been wanting to see explored.

Also, Emerald Spears?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 pm

It's pretty obviously a reference to Ruby-Spears, but I am curious as to what it could be in this issue.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sockie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 pm

They're a group of crazy geneticists who turn people into lion men.

=B
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Or Monster Bots. (But not genies, cause genies aren't robots.)
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Cyborg men then? Also it's possible it combined wires and micro chips into living cells. Could progam them to change cells like LED lights change colors.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 pm

The Illustrious Q wrote:Also, Spiritus ex Machina, From Machine Soul. Now we've hit something very interesting here. Something I hadn't considered about the Mega Man Universe before, but really does apply.

Doesn't the plot of Mega Man Xtreme 2 and Mega Man X6 revolve around Machine souls?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 am

Glad to see the old doctor get some. Now Dr. Wily just has to impress the ladies by wiggling his eyebrows. Wonder if the female scientist will end up being Plum's inventor.

But so many hints and concepts in this one. It's still kind of mind blowing when hit with all the video game stuff out of chronicle order like the comic has been doing. Not that it's a bad thing, since it gives the comic a fresh feel.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Axel T Rat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am

Well didn't see all this coming. Good to mix things up rather than go stright to MM3.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Paul Kaminski » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:39 am

The Illustrious Q wrote:It's PG, of course the pun is intended. ;)

Interesting that Archie is going for a tabloid news cover. I think the last time I saw that was when Fiona turned traitor.

Also, Spiritus ex Machina, From Machine Soul. Now we've hit something very interesting here. Something I hadn't considered about the Mega Man Universe before, but really does apply.

"Consider that in the history of many worlds there have always been disposable creatures. They do the dirty work. They do the work that no one else wants to do, because it's too difficult or too hazardous. And an army of Datas, all disposable? You don't have to think about their welfare; you don't think about how they feel. Whole generations of disposable people." ST:TNG - The Measure of a Man

Is Mega Man a slave?

love that episode SO much

there's a variant for this one, don't know why it's not up
Paul Kaminski
Sonic Editor and Grand Pubah

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!