Mega Man #3 Preview Pages/Discussion/Spoilers

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #3 Preview Pages/Discussion/Spoilers

Postby Sockie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm pretty sure he means ALL of the Robot Masters will be recurring characters, not just the Light numbers. "They’ll be back and back and back as part of the regular cast" sounds like it refers to more than one RM set to me. Also, Paul mentions that "in hindsight, maybe we took them out too fast, but we needed to get through the book to establish the first story." If Paul recognizes that the RMs were taken out too fast, that points towards future RMs lasting longer. And really, if RMs are going to be recurring, then they can maybe eventually make up for lackluster fights. (although their first fights being great on their own would be more preferrable)
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Sylex » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:55 am

Will the previews for Mega Man #4 come out this week or next week? (This question was brought to you via 3DS.) :mrgreen:
Sylex
BumbleNoble

Postby megabeatman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 am

You guys are going hate me but I got issue 4 in the mail today (along with Sonic Universe 31). I will read them in a bit and people who have questions, send a pm please. Thank you.
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby Sockie » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:37 pm

So according to the July 2011 sales estimates, Mega Man #3 only sold 4,845 copies.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=33849

Now, this is only an estimate of the direct market sales (it includes no other sales), but still... yow, that's kind of frightening compared to the first issue's 12,586.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Forteman91 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Wow so Bass was right in the issue 4 Off-Panel. They won't get to him unless we buy more.
Taking into account recent mega man events, I feel that if this keeps up, archie might cancel the comic.
Forteman91
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:43 am

Whoa, a near 50% drop? That's terrible! Then again, Mega Man Issue 3 DID have some major shipping issues, from what I recalled.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 am

Another point to consider is that the target audience of this book is probably the same one for Sonic. I recall Ian stating that the target audience for Sonic is young males who will buy the book only once or twice and then never again. If this is correct, then the sudden drop in sales is to be expected. It will most likely fluctuate until it is a decently established title and has a constant stream of readers. In other words, it would gain as many new readers as it lost.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 am

If those numbers accurately reflect total sales, it's not the end of the world. It's the third issue of a brand new series, so one bad sales month doesn't set the trend. Additionally, the graphic novel has yet to come out, and its sales will affect things too.

If those numbers are accurate, yeah, it's a little disappointing. But it's nothing to worry about right now.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Sockie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:36 am

Penguin God wrote:Whoa, a near 50% drop? That's terrible! Then again, Mega Man Issue 3 DID have some major shipping issues, from what I recalled.

Huh, it did? Yeah, that might explain it.

And thanks for the comforting words, Ian. Really hope the book does better in the coming months!
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Penguin God wrote:Whoa, a near 50% drop? That's terrible! Then again, Mega Man Issue 3 DID have some major shipping issues, from what I recalled.

Was that why it didn't get shipped to the comic book store but showed up in the news stands. Not sure if issue three ever showed up. If people couldn't get issue 3 I could see them not wanting to by issue 4.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Sockie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh yeah, something a comment on the Mega Man Network reminded me of; Diamond's estimates don't include news stands from grocery stores and stuff. And considering how well Archie does in that department, MM #3 could still have sold pretty well.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Paul Kaminski » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am

Sockie wrote:Oh yeah, something a comment on the Mega Man Network reminded me of; Diamond's estimates don't include news stands from grocery stores and stuff. And considering how well Archie does in that department, MM #3 could still have sold pretty well.

All of what you said here is accurate...in totality the series is on a sales upswing
Paul Kaminski
Sonic Editor and Grand Pubah

Postby Sockie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 am

That's certainly great to hear, Paul. :D
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Sockie wrote:That's certainly great to hear, Paul. :D

Especially in the light of current events. This comic is probably the only thing Capcom has going for it now that's experiencing an INCREASE in sales.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Pengi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:55 pm

As has been said, Diamond estimates only count the direct market, and they're always LOWER than the real numbers even there. The only accurate information you'll get from them is the comics RANKINGS within the direct market.
Pengi
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!