Now the comics are being delayed too...

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Xabin wrote:Has there been any news on whether or not the delayed comics really are coming out tomorrow?

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:new comics always come out on wednesdays (for stores, subscriptions are of course whenever you receive it in the mail), and the stores already have their lists for what's going to be on the shelves this week. their orders are already filled and shipped. if it's not on the list on monday, then it ain't comin out this week.

if it wasnt listed on monday, it isnt going to magically appear tomorrow
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby ChaosJam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm

So no new issues today even though they promised. Does anyone know what is going on? Maybe one of the mods can help us out? I am getting quite worried now because Archie just completely refuses to comment no matter how you try and reach them.
This is getting old. I and everyone else want to know the status of the comics and why it keeps being delayed.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:14 pm

They're not coming today, they weren't in FP's new releases when it was open.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Xabin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Well, that bites. This is getting disconcerting. What's going on with the comics, nowadays?

I heard on TSSZ that Penders is thinking of going back into court over Sonic, so could that be it? That threat of more legal headaches is delaying the comics and is putting it at risk of cancellation? I hope not, but you never know, this day in age...
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby ToaArcan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:33 pm

WHat does Penders even want this time? Is he going to try and take them to court for deciding to not use his characters?
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:46 pm

ToaArcan wrote:WHat does Penders even want this time? Is he going to try and take them to court for deciding to not use his characters?

He's being extremely vague about his reasons, but people are thinking it's due to Lost Hedgehog Tales or something.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Xabin wrote:I heard on TSSZ that Penders is thinking of going back into court over Sonic, so could that be it?
Almost certainly not; no issue since the start of Worlds Collide has had anything even remotely related to Penders' work. If Penders' legal action is affecting anything, it's affecting the Archives.

Xabin wrote:He's being extremely vague about his reasons, but people are thinking it's due to Lost Hedgehog Tales or something.
Archie has nothing to do with that though, and Flynn's not making money from it, so there's nothing to sue for.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:03 pm

RaceProUK wrote:
Xabin wrote:I heard on TSSZ that Penders is thinking of going back into court over Sonic, so could that be it?
Almost certainly not; no issue since the start of Worlds Collide has had anything even remotely related to Penders' work. If Penders' legal action is affecting anything, it's affecting the Archives.

Xabin wrote:He's being extremely vague about his reasons, but people are thinking it's due to Lost Hedgehog Tales or something.
Archie has nothing to do with that though, and Flynn's not making money from it, so there's nothing to sue for.

Who knows; Archie's grown paranoid over legal action from Penders and other writers for the series since the last lawsuit, so it wouldn't be surprising if Penders' new threats of legality would cause them to scramble to halt production of the comic until it's settled. Again, he's being extremely vague on what he's suing them over, this time, only acknowledging that it's about Sonic, but not about what particulars in Sonic it is, so who knows?
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby ToaArcan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:14 pm

The reboot itself was born from said paranoia. If it had just been Penders, then his characters would've been Chuck Cunningham'd or killed off, and the world-building that Bollers and Gallagher and Chacon and the other writers did would have been left intact. But because Penders caused a lot of panic over the possibility of them doing the same thing (I know that Bollers neither knew or cared about what was going on, and I'd hope the others would be better sports than Penders, but Archie couldn't take that for granted), they had to dump everything.

Honestly, I really don't know what he hoped to achieve. The only context for his comic is the preboot Archie. The only target audience he had was Archie fans that somehow wanted more of his madness. And yet, he alienated his own audience and continues to be a thorn in the side of Archie, which inhibits peoples' abilities to learn the context for TLSC.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Xabin wrote:Who knows; Archie's grown paranoid over legal action from Penders and other writers for the series since the last lawsuit, so it wouldn't be surprising if Penders' new threats of legality would cause them to scramble to halt production of the comic until it's settled.
Why would they halt production of comics that only contain content created by Sega, Flynn, and themselves? (And DIC if the SatAM lot are still owned by them.)

Penders' actions can only affect stuff that has Penders' content, and that's the Archives; the post-reboot comics are safe.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:02 pm

The storms causing loads of flooding is more likely to be behind the delays than Penders. Honestly, the comic almost always faces massive delays in December, and with Archie in its current financial situation I guess we should have expected that it'd be even worse.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:03 pm

they're not coming out this week either. by the end of this month we were supposed to be on the 2nd part of Eggman's Dozen, but instead we still havent even finished Silver Age. any chance they'll give us 5 releases at once before this month is over? :P
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Xabin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

It's just too eerie of a coincidence that the comics start getting majorly delayed shortly after Penders started hinting at more legal action against Archie. Call me a conspiracy theorists, but even with the alternate explanations for the delays, I don't think we can rule out paranoia over those posts.

Incidentally, I heard that the latest issues were leaked online? I'm not going to ask where I can find them, but I do want to know how they got leaked if they haven't arrived anywhere, yet.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Meliden » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Because they were due out a long time ago, and some digital outlets didn't get the memo on the delays right away.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby RaceProUK » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:33 pm

RaceProUK
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius