Now the comics are being delayed too...

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:43 pm

I've noticed this with the last couple of issues.

Sonic #276 was released a week later than usual, as was #277 as a result, and we haven't heard a peep out of Sonic Universe OR Mega Man since October: Mega Man #55 was originally scheduled for release at the end of November, before Archie revealed it had been delayed to December 2nd (today), a release that obviously never happened, and they've not yet offered a new release date. Sonic Universe #82 should've been released last week but didn't, it didn't come out today, nor does it appear on next weeks release list.

What the heck is happening?! It's bad enough the graphic novels are suffering, we really don't need this too!
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:52 pm

I think a lot of comics got pushed back because of the Launch of All New Marvel line
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:20 pm

All new Marvel? Man, I rea;;y got out of the loop with them. I guess it's has something to do with this Secret Wars thing.

Anyway I'm not paranoid (yet). A little drawback like this happen. Maybe they putting last polish on Megaman 55.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Azul » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

ReifuTD wrote:I think a lot of comics got pushed back because of the Launch of All New Marvel line

What's that got to do with Archie though?
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I think a lot of comics got pushed back because of the Launch of All New Marvel line

As much as to do with DC comics and those books got delayed too well the All New Marvel books where launching.

I was told it was because with so many relauches many people start picking up all the new first issues of the new books. A lot of other companies delayed their books to not overwhelm comic store customers with their regular books the lower the impact the New line launch has on their sales. Like how big budget action movies try to avoid coming out the same week as each other.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Azul » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:30 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Azul wrote:

As much as to do with DC comics and those books got delayed too well the All New Marvel books where launching.

I was told it was because with so many relauches many people start picking up all the new first issues of the new books. A lot of other companies delayed their books to not overwhelm comic store customers with their regular books the lower the impact the New line launch has on their sales. Like how big budget action movies try to avoid coming out the same week as each other.

So it's really more of a polite gesture. Makes sense.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby akessel92 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:02 pm

GOSH DANG IT MARVEL!!!! :evil: Grahhh!
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 pm

I mean, chances are high they just couldn't afford to put the books out on time too. We don't really know.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:39 pm

According to Comixology, the latest issues of Sonic, Universe, and Mega Man are all coming out next week - December 9th.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:46 pm

it's not just Archie. Welcome to Showside # 2 was scheduled for the same week as SU 82, and now it's set to release next week, again, just like SU 82. I think the "coinciding with Marvel's new releases" theory is probably sound
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Comics get held back all the time. It's annoying but it's not anything odd.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Sam Z.G. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:53 pm

*COUGH*earlyedigitalrealesecouldbenice*COUGH*
Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:21 pm

I remember delays around this time last year, too.

So it's really more of a polite gesture. Makes sense.

More like they don't want their sales to get affected because of a high-profile release/event.

I guess to give a comparison The Super Bowl is the most watched television event on any given year. As such, you generally do not want your show or program to be scheduled at the same time as the Super Bowl because no one will watch it.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 pm

That this month's comics are being put back a week (or yet another week in Mega Man #55's case) is most likely down to Marvel. I recall my comic store owner telling me about the Marvel event last week - he said it's a costly event for suppliers when a company like Marvel does a big multi-title release like this.

Basically Marvel is screwing over all the comic shop owners when they pull a stunt like this - because the comic store owners have to pay for all the new titles on the chance some punters might pick them up - but they have no guarantees that anyone will pick any of them up. That other companies delay their titles because of a big event by another company is presumably to allow for consumers having less spending money in their pockets (not that I have ANY interest in anything 'new' Marvel might be throwing out) but they also take a little pressure off of the comic store owners.

So yeah, Marvel are being jerks.

Even if SU is later this month, we might get it earlier next month - that has happened in the past too.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sunwalker » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:57 am

I am not sure if this is old news or something, but just in case...

My subscriptions page in Comixology says that the next Sonic Universe issue should be released on January 13, 2016. On the other hand, the next Sonic The Hedgehog should be out on January 20, 2016.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius