Solicitations - STH 279 & SU 82

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicitations - STH 279 & SU 82

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Mega Man 55 was rescheduled to the 23rd. Maybe these issues were too!
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby EvilEddie » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:32 pm

The comixology releases for STH 279 and SU 82 were delayed. To December 30th.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:00 pm

EvilEddie wrote:The comixology releases for STH 279 and SU 82 were delayed. To December 30th.

That is just terrible in my opinion.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:37 pm

but look on the bright side, you'll get to read 2 issues at the same time! eh? ehh? ehhhhhhhhhh
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:but look on the bright side, you'll get to read 2 issues at the same time! eh? ehh? ehhhhhhhhhh

True. But the delays are pretty obnoxious.

Especially when I am actually looking forward to the next issues.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 pm

yeah I was being a bit sarcastic, I would like to already have them :p
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:yeah I was being a bit sarcastic, I would like to already have them :p

I know you were. I was testing you. You passed. Congratulations. Let us never mention this ever again and leave it buried in a graveyard like my hopes and dreams.

I think everyone would who reads the comic.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm

what a coincidence, that is also where my hopes and dreams are
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Alset » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:59 am

I am so tired of waiting. SonicWindAttack, could you post spoilers? Pretty please?
Alset
BumbleNewbie

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:28 am

Here's one.

Spoiler: show
The heroes live.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 am

Here's another;

The ending is a cliffhanger.

That's one's actually legit, the heroes are falling through a Genesis portal of some sort in the last panel.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Alset » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Yeah, that much I know. I commented about it a page ago.
Alset
BumbleNewbie

Postby SonicWindAttack » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Alset wrote:I am so tired of waiting. SonicWindAttack, could you post spoilers? Pretty please?

Okay, because you asked nicely. Not sure if I'll get in trouble, but y'all have waited long enough. :P

-The issue starts with Team Future back in Von Schlemmer's lab. Things seem pretty bleak, as the Second Devourer is withering away the whole city.

-Gold uses a telepathy shock to wake the professor, but he says the situation is hopeless. He says they can't deal with something as BIG as the Second Devorer, but that gives them the idea of using the Bigger Maker Machine. Apparently the machine increases power as well as size, so it could amplify Silver's powers to the point where he could beat the monster.

-Unfortunately, the machine isn't advanced enough to work on a living thing, but Gold has an idea. The three (along with the Bits) join hands and Gold uses her telepathy to link their minds together so their combined brainpower can make the machine work. Don't ask me how that even begins to make sense, but it works.

-Giant Silver needs a minute to get used to his new size, but the Second Devourer blindsides him and send him skidding across the city. Silver almost steps on some people while getting up, so he decides to take the fight to the sky. The Second Devourer is still way bigger than him, so he sends some rubble at it to slow it down, but that only makes it angrier.

-Silver gets the idea to lure the monster into the portal and close it, killing two birds with one stone. However, it grabs his leg and smacks him face-first into the roof of Von Schlemmer's lab. Badly weakened, he almost thinks "It's no use" again, but is interrupted by a telepathic pep talk from Gold, as well as some encouragement from the professor and the Bits. He is brought to tears, and blows the monster away with a psychic explosion, which conveniently only seemed to affect the Second Devourer and no one else.

-He grabs some dirt, throws it in the monster's eye, grabs it by the tail and tosses it back in the portal. He tries to close the portal, but suddenly starts to shrink as it tries to climb back out. He worries that at normal size, he won't be strong enough to close it. Luckily he was wrong, and he closes it anyway, but the shockwave from the portal closing sends him crashing to the streets below.

-The team congratulates Silver on his victory, and the professor suddenly remembers he hasn't even asked Silver's name (apparently that's not an important first step in recruiting people to fix the fabric of space and time). So Silver properly introduces himself, and they think about how since the Second Devourer is gone, the Council will be conveniently back to normal and attempt to cover up the incident. There's also the Genesis Portals, which they doubt they've seen the last of.

-Silver says they'll deal with all that after he's slept for about two years, but the poor guy won't be getting his rest as another Genesis Portal pops right below all six of them, sending them hurtling through its depths. But no spectral arm thingies this time, so... that's a plus.

Snide remarks aside, this issue was enjoyable enough. We still don't learn anything new about Gold, the Council or the Second Devourer, but I liked how the solution to turn Silver huge was more involved than just "let's use the machine on him". The big battle which has become a staple for the end of Sonic Universe arcs also had a fair bit of strategy, and it honestly reminded me of Silver vs. Dark Enerjak. Not quite as epic, but it was a fine attempt. And since I'm assuming the portal takes them to Sonic's time, it makes sense that they'd use the opportunity to end the Genesis Portal problem before it begins. I wouldn't mind if it was done offscreen though, as I feel the comic has had enough Silver for the time being. Seeing the Freedom Fighters meet up with Von Schlemmer and Gold would be cool, though.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:59 am

That was.. interesting?
I'll definitely have to read it myself before I properly judge it though.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Alset » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:37 am

Well, that's answers some questions I had. Thanks man, and if you get in trouble, I'll take the heat. :D :D
Alset
BumbleNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius