Ask Ian Anything - Extended Addition

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby sonicxfactor » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:09 pm

Ian, just want to know what you have planed for nanites in the future. Will they be appearing in the upcoming TDS or are you saving them for something much bigger?

I know that Nicole, Bunnie, Tommy and Sonics dad all have nanites on them, will the little buggers be changing their appearances or just eat them away, like they did with Bunnie in issue 152?

Oh and sorry for all the questions before, when I’m busy typing up questions for you sometimes new ones pop into my head so I type them in because I tend to forget them the next day.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:20 pm

sonicxfactor - That's pretty much what beowolf just asked, and the answer remains the same.

C'mon, guys. That table of contents took awhile to put together and takes a bit to keep updated.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:23 pm

Sorry Ian. My bad. :oops:
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Nel » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:33 pm

I've looked over the table of contents, so forgive me if I overlooked an answer to these questions.

Are there ever going to be any more flashback/recap issues like issue 57?

Do you recall VerticAL and HorizontAL? The last I saw of them was issue 59. They'd gone from human friends to robot enemies, if I recall correctly. Something about that just... upset me. There was a time when I stopped reading the comic for a year, so I don't if it was ever brought up again but...

Is there a chance that later down the road that they could be made buddies again? I liked them as just two wacky guys.

Wow, bit of an explanation for a simple question. Sorry about that.
Nel
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:57 pm

No worries, folks. I love you guys :D

NelStone wrote:Are there ever going to be any more flashback/recap issues like issue 57?

No plans for that, no. All recaps will be handled in the least awkward monologue I can manage. Flashback will be used, sure, especially when we get deeper into the Anonymous Conspiracy. But there's not plans for an issue devoted to recapping.

NelStone wrote:Do you recall VerticAL and HorizontAL?

I'll have to check, but I thought it was Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al? Regardless, yes, I do remember them and their titan-bot forms. I don't have any plans to look in on them - not even in the long run - but I would like to one day touch on them. I'd like to think they eventually found a happy ending.

And, as I like to stress, plans change. So you never know.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:44 pm

Ian, I noticed in #161 when Croctobot says, “I still function” was this a little nod to Transformers: The Movie?

That line was said in the scene when a battered and beaten Megatron was thrown out of the spaceship by Starscream for those of you who don’t know.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:25 pm

Quoted from Page 6 of this thread:

Page 6 wrote:
bw1979 wrote:And did you ever see Transformers the Movie, how and when?

IanPotto wrote:I believe Croctobot answers that one for me.
And it was during my freshman year of college.

I'll give that one to ya since it's a bit of an obscure answer, but yes, that was a nod to the movie.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:48 am

viva Transformers that was the stuff. the sad thing is I get my comics a month late so yeah that blows but what do you excpect im on an island in the middle of the pacific, Gimlets hooha. :roll:
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Questions!!

Postby Hagane no gyuunyuu » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:37 pm

Hey I just wanted to say I really love what you have done for this comic via only two issues. Bark and Bean are great.

Well I really only have two questions and I hope that they haven't been answered anywhere else first you know, it just ruins the fun... Anyways....

I was wondering if Snivley would be playing a bigger role in any of the upcoming stories. He needs a bit of character development he was great in SAT-AM, but the comic has just seemed to push him into the background.

Ummm.... and second I was wondering if we would be seeing the return of Geoffory and Hershy in the near future.

*sniff sniff* by favorite characters only get cameos. (hearty laughter)
Hagane no gyuunyuu
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Glad you're enjoying things so far!

Hagane wrote:I was wondering if Snivley would be playing a bigger role in any of the upcoming stories.

Yes, Snively will be part of some shake-ups as we go along.

Hagane wrote:and second I was wondering if we would be seeing the return of Geoffory and Hershy in the near future.

I'm afraid not. Next year hasn't been planned out too far, and plans can always change though.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:25 am

:(hearty laughter): hmmm this gust poped in my head do err two things gust poped in my head, one do you like having charecters loyal to dr.gerald robotnik and two do you have plans for some big "booms" like the bloing up of staiton square,like in form of big mushroom cloud err the sight it would be in two glorels pages mmmm tasty 8)
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:02 am

Beowolf, dude, I've tried to be nice about the grammatical thing. Don't make me modify the rules to include "must be coherent."

It took me a bit, but I got this:

beowolf wrote:one do you like having charecters loyal to dr.gerald robotnik

Professor Gerald Robotnik has been dead for fifty years. Dr. Ivo Robotnik has only mechanical minions (for now.)

beowolf wrote:two do you have plans for some big "booms" like the bloing up of staiton square,like in form of big mushroom cloud

Oh yes, there will be explosions in the future. I can't say when, though, of course.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby beowolf master of ctalin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:30 pm

I'm sorry english is not my strong point :cry: and i like bing an odd ball.
beowolf master of ctalin
BumbleFan

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Sorry Ian I don’t know if you’ve seen this yet but someone posted new screenshots of the new next gen sonic game from an Xbox 360 magazine.

http://usera.imagecave.com/spazoid/Newscreens.bmp.jpg

Excited?
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby AvianTalon » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:12 pm

EDIT:I decided to move the question to the Ask Tracy topic.
AvianTalon
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius