Sonic Runners: Sticks drops in to say "Sayonara BumbleKing!"

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Runners: with Amy, Metal, and more!

Postby Village » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Shadow is a vampire

Sonic i can hazard a guess

Make em fight

Give me the dio brando vs john tailbane match i want
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby Betz! » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Y'know, I just started playing this again. I reinstalled it. I get on. Log on to,my G+ account. Doesn't. Remember. Me. I know it's out there, but anyone know how I get it back?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 pm

I didnt really have anything to lose so I decided to uninstall the game again, knowing that you get a couple free spins on the premium roulette when you have a new account. I wanted to give that method of rigging the roulette another try... I haven't got it consistently yet, but I did manage to get a gold egg once and 2 character eggs. I got Halloween Omega on my first try, but decided to reinstall again because, much as I like the pumpkin motif, I dont care about robots that much relative to anthros, and power-types aren't great in this game. I managed to get Halloween Rouge on my next account. I am really hoping I can get Halloween Shadow too, if I can have those 2 as my defaults, it will slightly restore my faith in this game (though I still probably wont play it much except on car rides and such)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Specs64z » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:49 am

I hate trying to earn new characters in this game. At this point, after a few months of playing, all I have is Blaze. I spun just today with 250 red star rings (100% earned, btw) and I finally got a new character! And it was freaking Blaze. again. Coulda had Tikal (my fave) or Classic Sonic (rather have Shadow, but hey no complaints if I had gotten him). And I got freaking Blaze again. Funny, considering last time it was between Shadow and Blaze, and she was who I ended up with. Twice ripped off (no offense to Blaze fans, I just much prefer the other options) Tikal (this time, only available for maybe a week?!) probably won't reappear for a long, long time too considering her comparatively low popularity. I understand a lot of popular freemium games do this kind of thing, but they often feel (to me at least) to reward new characters either much more frequently (say, Smashy Road) or/and have more than a 6% chance to maybe get what you want (most other freemium games I've played). The killing blow for this is the fact that characters are only ever available for a few weeks at a time (the equivalant of maybe 4 spins on a good day. Just 1 if I have too much going on). Sorry for the rant, but now that the gameplay is fixed and silky smooth through the updates, I feel the problem of poorly implemented money gimmicks need to be fixed next (speaking of money, I would totally pay 3-4 bucks for a cool character like Tikal! If money is what they want, why can't I buy what I actually care about?! Not 4 bucks for yet another 6% chance of getting Blaze for the third time in a row!) mindlessrantismindless
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:01 am

eh? I thought only the halloween characters were in the roulette right now

edit - okay I opened the game to see the notifications (which werent there when I played last night). I guess it's cool to know that Classic Sonic and Tikal were not one-time-only characters, if Amitie Amy ever returns then it'll be confirmed that none of the characters are ever completely gone. guess I'll spend the rest of next year saving up rings to splurge them on my next chance at Halloween Shadow :p
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Specs64z » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:41 pm

So... I was supposedly supposed to get 100 red star rings and King Boom Boo from the event for placing between 5000 to 8000 place. And I didn't get anything at all! There goes two more spins on the aforementioned wheel of hopelessness. Anyone else have this happen??? I hope that the game will make up for it... I wasted a solid 2 hours on that event.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Arkus0 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:58 am

Anybody else find the King Boom Boo companion disappointing compared to the others? The regular Boo seems more useful, especially if combined with the Dark Chaos Chao.
Arkus0
BumbleCitizen

Postby Specs64z » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:27 am

Arkus0 wrote:Anybody else find the King Boom Boo companion disappointing compared to the others? The regular Boo seems more useful, especially if combined with the Dark Chaos Chao.

Honestly, I find them both to be pretty useless overall (not the Dark Chaos Chao. I really want all the Chaos Chao). To situational.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:34 am

Okay, a few new things, including a ma-hoosive update

-We now have ESP Silver, who's part of Team Future, which gives a 37% score bonus while having a 5% speed decrease.

And yes, this one is Fly type. And references Sonic '06.

-Gothic Amy is finally out, she replaces regular Amy as the facebook invite unlock.

-Now all the regular characters are on the roulette permanently. Good...or it should have been.

-Everything else has been nerfed to the ground. Character bonuses, buddy effects, the time to fight Eggman's boss battle, the fact there are now death traps in the levels that will kill you unless you have protection items...the only thing not nerfed are the points needed to progrrss to each next stage, that's gone up to 19 million points.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:05 am

I'm currently begging my facebook to help me get the Gothic Amy (hearty laughter). so which ones count as "regular characters" for the roulette now? I'm gonna take a wild stab that the Halloween characters and Amitie Amy aren't in there, but are Classic Sonic and Tikal? and does ESP Silver count as "regular?"

edit - okay I figured it out. now, instead of the character screen just showing Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Cream, and Silver as blacked out, it shows almost all of the characters blacked out. Tikal and Classic Sonic -are- included, but the Halloween Characters and Amitie Amy are not, just as I assumed. I'm unsure if ESP Silver counts or not. it shows him on the list, but he's listed behind Halloween Rouge for me, which I would assume indicates he's a special one and is only showing up because of the current event
Last edited by Mr.Unsmiley on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic Runners: Amy is GOTH, not emo!

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Do you guys think this is real?:

Spoiler: show
Sonic Runners - Mephiles the Dark and Santa Sonic! by supersilver1242, he seems to find things in Sonic Runners and post it to his deviantart
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:35 pm

the Christmas Sonic makes sense, he's had that outfit since the first Sonic Adventure. Mephiles would be genuinely surprising but I mean... that guy's datamined this stuff before, so I'm assuming it's not a hoax. wow though

edit - actually, it sounds like he's someone who actually works on the game rather than a dataminer. he refers to it as a "dev post" and has it filed under "game development art"
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Specs64z » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:59 pm

I would say something about Mephiles being a cool addition. If the gameplay didn't nosedive to oblivion. The frame rate got nerfed to heck and I almost always die from the frame rate and rarely from actual human error, and those sucker punch guaranteed death traps? Don't get me started. Also, what was wrong with the item based gameplay? Who had a problem with this? Character and buddy bonuses have been nerfed to death, which consequentially means that any new or interesting buddy or character is basically worthless and leaves no sense of satisfaction because my score will be the same no matter who I choose, which is not okay. It was really fun to optimize my party for the best score possible, but now it doesn't matter. The ability to get any character at any time is also a step backward. Sure. I COULD get Shadow at any time. but more likely I'll get a dozen characters I don't care about first. Not that getting new characters even matters now because all bonuses and items are complete trash. I feel like they tried to make it more like Dash where the main goal was changed from never dashing to dashing as much as possible. That doesn't work nearly as well in this game which I used to praise for it's huge variety of bonuses and variety. Finally, the executioner axe in this poor, massacred game: They slowed it down. It's not fast enough. Not that it matters because the fram rate will kill me even on this slowed down speed. Ugh. Why Sega? Why!? You've broken so much more than you've fixed! I can barely even play the game anymore!
New score: A broken game disc/10
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:07 pm

I haven't noticed the game being slower. Then again, it was slowed down between the CA/JP and worldwide released, so maybe I can't notice it anymore?

I'm not opposed to having a shot at the unlockable characters. They've had two runs of limited releases, and missing those windows was frustrating, so having a regular shot at them is nice. I am iffy on repeat characters stacking, though. Does this level them up? Does it build up their buffs? I haven't seen a clear explanation of what's going on with them now.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Meliden » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:06 pm

There's an added stat called the star rank, and that's what levels up if you get a character again in the roulette.

What does it do? People aren't sure yet.
Meliden
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius