Previews & Discussion: Sonic Universe #63 + StH #260

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Meliden wrote:Where be the source, Panda-man?

Flickering Myth
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:04 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
Meliden wrote:Where be the source, Panda-man?

Flickering Myth

Thank you, Panda-man.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby streetsonic13 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Bark and Bean are back with Nack/Fang? And fighting against the Chaotix? MUST READ!!!

A better rival team for the Chaotix instead of going against Team Dark in Sonic Heroes. So happy to see Knuckles too.
streetsonic13
BumbleCitizen

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:07 pm

ZonicZoneCop wrote:
QuantamEdge wrote:I knew Team Hooligan would be a rival for Team Chaotix! But I am surprised at how early we'll be seeing Bean and Bark again, not that I'm complaining or anything (since I love them) but it's unusual to see them so soon. Plus, with the mention of Dark Gaia monsters, an Unleashed adaption is absolutely positively around the corner. And what exactly could this mysterious force be? I thought it might be the Chaos Force that calls Knuckles, but I'm a little unsure.

I THINK Bean and Bark could get a break after this. Bean is only healthy in small doses.

I'd say so. I mean, they only recently starred in another arc and appeared in a STH issue, so as much as I enjoy them, it might be best if they gave other characters a chance now.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Well Yardley got 4 issues to write them it's only fair Flynn get 4 issues of Beansanity to himself.

Nice Covers is the Chibi Variant done by Ryan Jampole?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:11 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Well Yardley got 4 issues to write them it's only fair Flynn get 4 issues of Beansanity to himself.

I can't place the signature but that definitely looks like his style.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:12 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Well Yardley got 4 issues to write them it's only fair Flynn get 4 issues of Beansanity to himself.

I'd actually like to see another Yardley arc. That's Jampole yes.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Xeric » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 pm

QuantamEdge wrote:I knew Team Hooligan would be a rival for Team Chaotix! But I am surprised at how early we'll be seeing Bean and Bark again, not that I'm complaining or anything (since I love them) but it's unusual to see them so soon.

Considering the lack of Baddies in the book at the moment, it doesn't surprise me at all.
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Xeric wrote:
QuantamEdge wrote:I knew Team Hooligan would be a rival for Team Chaotix! But I am surprised at how early we'll be seeing Bean and Bark again, not that I'm complaining or anything (since I love them) but it's unusual to see them so soon.

Considering the lack of Baddies in the book at the moment, it doesn't surprise me at all.

Perhaps new villains will appear in this arc as well? I mean, Captain Metal and Eclipse have shown up and they clearly appear to be long run villains, so why not this one? Then again, the Dark Gaia minions could indeed be the new villains I'm suggesting.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Oh, and the covers still like to contradict Ian. Must have been a proto-name.

QuantamEdge wrote:Perhaps new villains will appear in this arc as well? I mean, Captain Metal and Eclipse have shown up and they clearly appear to be long run villains, so why not this one? Then again, the Dark Gaia minions could indeed be the new villains I'm suggesting.

Sonic Universe #63 which features some new characters and familiar faces arrives on April 23, 2014.

Maybe.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:22 pm

Oh hey I didn't notice the name change.

Oh wow, that means I was spot-on when I guessed the name a few weeks back :D
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby RadRed89 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Dark Gaia monsters? Chaotix working with Knuckles? The long awaited return of Team Hooligan?

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Uh...uh...I mean, I'm definitely looking forward to this arc. :oops:

I was wondering if this arc would be tying into what's going on in the main book. Usually I'm not super keen on times when Universe does that, but I guess what's going on in...uh...Sonic's World is big enough that it should affect multiple characters at once. So it makes sense in this case. I was always wondering what other characters besides Sonic, Tails, and Amy were doing during Unleashed anyway. I'm betting this 'mysterious force' that Knuckles is taking orders from is likely Light Gaia, or less likely Chaos/Tikal.

I know we just had Bean and Bark, but I don't mind seeing them again so soon, especially if Nack is calling the shots. I know a friend of mine who will definitely want to read this story now. :(hearty laughter):
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:28 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Dark Gaia monsters? Chaotix working with Knuckles? The long awaited return of Team Hooligan?

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Uh...uh...I mean, I'm definitely looking forward to this arc. :oops:

I was wondering if this arc would be tying into what's going on in the main book. Usually I'm not super keen on times when Universe does that, but I guess what's going on in...uh...Sonic's World is big enough that it should affect multiple characters at once. So it makes sense in this case. I was always wondering what other characters besides Sonic, Tails, and Amy were doing during Unleashed anyway. I'm betting this 'mysterious force' that Knuckles is taking orders from is likely Light Gaia, or less likely Chaos/Tikal.

I know we just had Bean and Bark, but I don't mind seeing them again so soon, especially if Nack is calling the shots. I know a friend of mine who will definitely want to read this story now. :(hearty laughter):

I can't believe I didn't think of Chip being the mysterious force...
I've waited too long to see Nack again :P I feel like wanting to listen to Pharell Williams 'Happy' this sound so good :D
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Mighty and Ray are no longer members of the Chaotix? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

They have a strong following. I know this new continuity is trying to be close to the games, but this was a poor decision.

Thus, I feel even more distant from this comic.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:29 pm

I gotta say as long as the "Shattered World" Storyline is going on it's a little hard to avoid Tie-Ins. The Planets kinda blown apart people aren't exactly going to be going about their bussiness.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius