Previews & Discussion: Sonic Universe #63 + StH #260

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:34 am

Are we sure that's a Shark? I still say it could be Aklut.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:39 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Are we sure that's a Shark? I still say it could be Aklut.


he obviously got a piercing then
User avatar
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby Xeric » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
shigamado wrote:BTW Ian, can we assume Charmy is now 6 years old?

That's what he is in the games, so that's what he is in the comics.

shigamado wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:
shigamado wrote:Really interested in seeing the shark character. I LOVE seeing new animals done in the Sonic style.


Hold it.

Are you expecting a full anthropomorphic shark?

Sweet Jesus.


It's the piercing that makes me think so.

Mobian ocean life? In a story called "Waves of Change?" In a new continuity? Impossible says I! ...or is it?

You'll have to wait and see :wink:


It's a shame the Forty Fathom's won't be in this. This sort of story would of been perfect to reintroduce them with Mobian-esc designs and less punny personalities.
User avatar
Xeric
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 am

Zulon Eredas wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:Are we sure that's a Shark? I still say it could be Aklut.


he obviously got a piercing then


Kind of important to note Reality just altered. Also Ian said he got a Redesign.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby theJcfreak » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:24 am

I will point out that shark dorsal fins seem to be smaller and more triangular. Orca fins are longer like on the cover but they don't seem to be quite so knife like. Though I'm also going to assume that the cover artist didn't go and take a crash course in marine biology, so who knows.
User avatar
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10652
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am
Location: ふざけんなよ。

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby akessel92 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 am

Spin wrote:You know what this means ladies and gentlemen. Sonic will officially jump the shark.

Can't say I like the thought of anthropomorphic ocean/sea life. Certain creatures such as lobsters, I'm fine with. But I consider fish in general to be a tad sacred.

Over all, the only anthropomorphic shark I'd be interested in seeing is.

Image

Lets hope Eggman fries the coke(coca-cola) if he hasn't already.
akessel92
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:52 am
Location: in my home made of trash gets drafty in the winter

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 am

theJcfreak wrote:I will point out that shark dorsal fins seem to be smaller and more triangular. Orca fins are longer like on the cover but they don't seem to be quite so knife like. Though I'm also going to assume that the cover artist didn't go and take a crash course in marine biology, so who knows.


Then again this is a Cartoon and fact accurate Biology probably isn't a priority. (Wonder how many people I managed to tick off with that one)
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #257, Sonic Universe #60, & more prev

Postby Lord Robotnik » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:08 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
theJcfreak wrote:I will point out that shark dorsal fins seem to be smaller and more triangular. Orca fins are longer like on the cover but they don't seem to be quite so knife like. Though I'm also going to assume that the cover artist didn't go and take a crash course in marine biology, so who knows.


Then again this is a Cartoon and fact accurate Biology probably isn't a priority. (Wonder how many people I managed to tick off with that one)


It's going to be more ticked off within the fanbase if a shark turns out to have the fluke of a whale.



///Biology/Zoology nerd.
User avatar
Lord Robotnik
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 am

Previews & Discussion: Sonic Universe #63 + StH #260

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Higher quality versions of the covers have started coming out, plus a variant cover, so I thought I'd do the honors.

http://imageshack.com/a/img31/5488/obsk.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img15/812/cjrk.jpg

Fly high above the clouds with Knuckles and the Chaotix in The Great Chaos Caper: Part One! Knuckles the Echidna has been tasked by a mysterious force to fix the shattered planet – but when the Dark Gaia monsters emerge from the word's core, our hero finds himself in a fight for his very life! Luckily the ever-adventuring Chaotix are around to lend a hand, hired by Princess Sally to gather the all-important Chaos Emeralds. But wait, who's that lurking in the dark?

Source
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Judging by the chibi cover, I'm guessing Nack, Bean, and Bark.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby ShadowBat20 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Ooh, Team Hooligan too? Even better.
User avatar
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Bean?

WHY THE HECK NOT?!
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby QuantamEdge » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:54 pm

I knew Team Hooligan would be a rival for Team Chaotix! But I am surprised at how early we'll be seeing Bean and Bark again, not that I'm complaining or anything (since I love them) but it's unusual to see them so soon. Plus, with the mention of Dark Gaia monsters, an Unleashed adaption is absolutely positively around the corner. And what exactly could this mysterious force be? I thought it might be the Chaos Force that calls Knuckles, but I'm a little unsure.
User avatar
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:36 am
Location: England

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby Meliden » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Where be the source, Panda-man?
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: Sonic Universe #63 preview (StH#260 most likely coming s

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:00 pm

QuantamEdge wrote:I knew Team Hooligan would be a rival for Team Chaotix! But I am surprised at how early we'll be seeing Bean and Bark again, not that I'm complaining or anything (since I love them) but it's unusual to see them so soon. Plus, with the mention of Dark Gaia monsters, an Unleashed adaption is absolutely positively around the corner. And what exactly could this mysterious force be? I thought it might be the Chaos Force that calls Knuckles, but I'm a little unsure.


I THINK Bean and Bark could get a break after this. Bean is only healthy in small doses.
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 4:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron