Shard: Precursor to Metal Overlord?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Shard: Precursor to Metal Overlord?

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:57 pm

A thought occurred to me with regards to the current situation in the comics. Things are definitely looking more and more setup for a Sonic Heroes adapt in the series, what with Cream's intro, her and Big moving into New Mobotropolis, and other things of that nature going on. And then it really occurred to me: we need a Metal Sonic who can turn into Metal Overlord, and why not...Shard?

Think about it: like Neo Metal Sonic of game fame, he's a sentient Sonic robot. True, he currently claims to have a sanctity for life due to Sonic's example, but something could quickly change that. Add in the adaptive abilities granted him by his Power Gem core, and we could have Metal Overlord on our hands before we know it. Just thought I'd bring it up and see what everyone else's thoughts on it are.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Re: Shard: Precursor to Metal Overlord?

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:43 pm

You have a point, Although since Mecha Sally showed up I've been thinking she'll turn into a Mecha Overlord. Her theme color is blue so the Metal Overlord design could be used for her with a little modafation to the head.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mustachio » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:46 pm

You can't have Metal Overlord without one of these robots copying data and abilities from the others. Specifically, they would require Chaos' data. Its his ability to change shaped that allowed Metal Sonic to become Metal Overlord in Sonic Heroes anyway. So Shard or Mecha Sally would need to gain that data somehow. Metal Overlord is not something any robot can do on the fly, it requires preparation and work on the robot's part to achieve it.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Well, Shard does have that strange liquid-like metal that appeared around his face, which is most likely Nantines. In that case, he could probably use the Nanites the absorb things like how Metal Sonic did in the games, but I think that happened in the games because he somehow got ahold of Chaos' data. Still, Shard is a hero now, so he would need to be given the Tommy Turtle treatment in terms of not meaning to become a villain and losing control.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

We're not allowed to use Metal Overlord.

...sorry, I hate to torpedo fan-theories out-right, but just so y'all don't get too worked up.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I remember asking this a while back, but on top of forgetting the answer, I'm wondering if anything has changed since then... what exactly can't be used?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby MegaHayzer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

diamonddeath wrote:I remember asking this a while back, but on top of forgetting the answer, I'm wondering if anything has changed since then... what exactly can't be used?

Apparently Metal Overlord.
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Well, that died pretty quick, now didn't it? Alas, one of my favorite final bosses is apparently doomed never to appear in the comics-unless Sega changes their minds at some point.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby True Blue » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Not sure how appropriate it is to ask.. but here I go anyways. Why can't metal overlord be used?
True Blue
BumbleFan

Postby Ziggyfin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 am

Nooooo! Oh well, I still wanna draw him in the future. Make sure you guys remind me, I'll probably forget.
Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:38 am

While Metal Overlord won't appear. Doesn't mean a similar scenario can't be achieved in the comic. Sooner or later, I see Shard getting kicked to the curb in some fashion.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:33 am

Ian Flynn wrote:We're not allowed to use Metal Overlord.

...sorry, I hate to torpedo fan-theories out-right, but just so y'all don't get too worked up.

Well that sucks. I've been wanting to see Metal Overlord in the comic for ages now.
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:37 am

I would love for Metal Overlord to appear, (which I see can't happen...yet?) but I wouldn't want Shard to become him. I like the guy way too much to see him turn into a villain.

Spin wrote:While Metal Overlord won't appear. Doesn't mean a similar scenario can't be achieved in the comic. Sooner or later, I see Shard getting kicked to the curb in some fashion.

Unfortunately, I agree. I can totally see Shard dying/destroyed at some point.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:13 pm

...only to be rebuilt.

Hey, if Metal Sonic can be rebuilt on a regular basis...
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Well even if Metal Overlord can't be used right now, I can't see why Archie can't set it up so that when he can be used they can do it quickly. They been doing that with Nega for a long time now.

Mustachio wrote:You can't have Metal Overlord without one of these robots copying data and abilities from the others. Specifically, they would require Chaos' data. Its his ability to change shaped that allowed Metal Sonic to become Metal Overlord in Sonic Heroes anyway. So Shard or Mecha Sally would need to gain that data somehow. Metal Overlord is not something any robot can do on the fly, it requires preparation and work on the robot's part to achieve it.

Well for the sake of argument Mecha Sally been having alot of one on one fight with characters lately there also those theories about the Chaos Emerld. I'm also haveing a hard time trusting Mecha Sally not to do something on her own. She's been thinking more and more on her own to the point of shocking Eggman. I know Eggman did thing to her mine to stop her mind from turning normal but I don't thing that stops her from betraying him.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius