Sonic Universe #43 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Universe #43 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby OncleSam » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Well in the current arc we see well that Naugus is MADE of fire ....
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Penguin God wrote:Come to think of it, if Vale was supposed to be one of Mogul's four Elite, who were the other 3? Were they Naugus' bodies? If so, that creates a slightly odd setup: Mogul's four grand wizards, specializing in land, water, air and... air. It'd be a bit odd that NO ONE had fire, but perhaps there's some grander reason for that?

No, the Wizard Trio that make up Naugus weren't alive during the Forgotten Wars. They were at best distant descendants of members of the Order of Ixis, or they were new inductees unrelated to previous Ixis wizards.

Who Ixis Vale's contemporaries were has yet to be fully investigated. I'd love to delve into that period, but I dunno if/when we will.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Penguin God » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Well, that answers that. It does help answer why Naugus could master Ixian Magics without recognizing Mammoth Mogul (none of his wizards ever met the guy) and I guess the timeline would have been quite screwed up if my assumption had been true. That also means there's three unanswered for wizards, either dead or buried out there...

Anyway, it's nice to see the Ixis stuff expanded a bit, even if I was never a big fan of Mogul being its leader. This much at least seems to richen Naugus' history without necessarily diminishing him.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Meliden » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Penguin God wrote:Well, that answers that. It does help answer why Naugus could master Ixian Magics without recognizing Mammoth Mogul (none of his wizards ever met the guy) and I guess the timeline would have been quite screwed up if my assumption had been true. That also means there's three unanswered for wizards, either dead or buried out there...

There was a statue of a croc type guy in Ixis Vale's chamber, so I knew that the other three couldn't be the bat, rhino and lobster.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 pm

I've got the issue and read most of it.

I gotta say I'm really starting to like Geoffrey again after this.

And that off-panel... yeah would've been a heck of a lot funnier if it hadn't been shoved down my throat repeatedly beforehand. Sorry guys, just sayin'.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby TurboTailz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Dub wrote:
Shadowthehedgehog wrote:......So about this issue.

Thank you.

We're only human Dub ;P threads will get derailed all the time but it gets back on the track especially if someone mentions about it like Shadowthehedgehog. :)
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby SilverMudkip7 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 am

TheFatPanda wrote:And that off-panel... yeah would've been a heck of a lot funnier if it hadn't been shoved down my throat repeatedly beforehand. Sorry guys, just sayin'.

But now your throat is handsome!
SilverMudkip7
BumbleFan

Postby Scruffy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:26 am

TheFatPanda wrote:And that off-panel... yeah would've been a heck of a lot funnier if it hadn't been shoved down my throat repeatedly beforehand. Sorry guys, just sayin'.

^ This. I'm sure I would have laughed my butt off when I read it, had I not already seen the results being worn as an avatar by half the forum. :| You guys owe me a laugh!

Ian Flynn wrote:No, I got a chance to see the issue during coloring corrections and totally blanked on Valdez, so we're both guilty - haha. It's almost a running theme with his character now (he's shown up post-capture at least one other time).

#78, I believe. He was illustrated as being there with the team when they congratulated Sonic on his knighthood.

I really enjoyed this issue, especially as it wrapped up a lot of things I was still wondering about, like Shard's resurrection, Naugus' plans, and what Geoffrey might do if he knew that Naugus was up to no good. It makes you wonder what might have happened if Geoffrey had walked in and overheard Naugus' "phonecall" to Eggman, where they reminisced about the old days and conspired to mail Elias an explosion when he fled from New Mobotropolis. Would Geoffrey have intervened and possibly saved Antoine from becoming a mummy? The what-if's could drive a man crazy!

So I've been saying it for the last two months, but this team really doesn't do that well with the whole stealth thing. Oh yeah, let's discuss our plans out in the open, where any baddies lurking in the shadows can hear them! On the plus side, this seems to have worked well in Silver's favour - would Geoffrey have been as open with him if he hadn't overheard Silver's earlier vote of confidence in him? Probably not. But the big question in my mind is, did Geoffrey know that the rest of the team was hiding there, waiting to ambush him? Probably, since he had been eavesdropping on their plans. But if they actually did have the drop on him... well, it's about time they worked out how to be stealthy! Also, I liked Shard's lilypad beret. Very spiffy. He should keep it!

One last thing I've been wondering about Shard - I remember when #41 came out, a few of us were debating about what it means when his power gem (and eyes, for that matter) changes from red to green. I'm now working with the theory that when it's green, he's trying to recharge or conserve energy. Would this be somewhere in the ballpark, do you think?
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Zack_GLC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:11 am

I still laughed hard when i saw it.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 am

So I have a question. At the beginning of the issue Ixis Vale discusses the Forgotten War’s progress with Mogul. Vale mentions the Templars (or something like that, I forget the specific term). Who are they? Are they Albionites? Are they Paladin’s like Sir Connery? I feel like they have been mentioned before, but I don’t remember.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Pickles » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:32 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
Who Ixis Vale's contemporaries were has yet to be fully investigated. I'd love to delve into that period, but I dunno if/when we will.

Perhaps you could make an exclusive story about Ixis Vale (and the other 3 elite) for one of the SSSM magizine issues. (Kind of like SSSM 3, Sonic the hedgehog 4.2 story)
Or maybe Free Comic book day 2013... :)
Pickles
BumbleKnight

Postby Zack_GLC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:14 am

Pickles wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:

Perhaps you could make an exclusive story about Ixis Vale (and the other 3 elite) for one of the SSSM magizine issues. (Kind of like SSSM 3, Sonic the hedgehog 4.2 story)

In any format, I would LOVE that story. Just reading that first page of SU#43 made me so interested.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 am

Astrobot7000 wrote:So I have a question. At the beginning of the issue Ixis Vale discusses the Forgotten War’s progress with Mogul. Vale mentions the Templars (or something like that, I forget the specific term). Who are they? Are they Albionites? Are they Paladin’s like Sir Connery? I feel like they have been mentioned before, but I don’t remember.

They were mentioned before in Darkest Storm, but they were Albion Knights of Aurora in a Forgotten War.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:33 am

Ian Flynn wrote:No, I got a chance to see the issue during coloring corrections and totally blanked on Valdez, so we're both guilty - haha. It's almost a running theme with his character now (he's shown up post-capture at least one other time).

Since nobody seems to interact with Veldez during these incorrect flashbacks, I'm willing to go with the theory that he's in a simular situation to Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense: he's a ghost and he doesn't realise it, still embarking on missions with the Secret Service without realizing that nobody can see him.
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:56 am

Pickles wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:

This is why I think doing Original Graphic Novel's that focus on the larger history of the Archie Sonic Universe would be a good thing.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius