Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Postby Scruffy » Sun May 06, 2012 4:42 am

I got mine - was greeted at the entrance by Iron Man, and then I had to choose which 2 comics I wanted (and what flavour Chupa Chup :D). I took the Sonic one and the Star Wars/Serenity comic, which drew a nice parallel betwen Mal Reynolds and Han Solo
Spoiler: show
as well as River Tam and Chewbacca.
I always said that Captain Mal was pretty much Han Solo before he joined the Rebel Alliance. :)

The extra insight into what the other characters experience during Genesis was interesting. It raises the question of what others such as Lien-Da, Geoffrey and Naugus went through. Clearly something hit Naugus hard during Genesis.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby OncleSam » Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 am

Argh , getting the regular issues is okay with shippment , but FCBD is impossible to get ! I got 2007 2010 and 2011 off ebay , it cost me pretty much ... is there any way to get 2012 aside from that ?
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun May 06, 2012 9:34 am

If we where to return to the Genesis universe, I get the feeling Knuckles Chaotix will be retconned like Sega are doing, since Charmey's Genesis experience had him being in the detective agency with Espio and Vector, something which I'm sure wasn't introduced until Heroes.

And I was wondering if Julie-Su's supposedly being back in the Twilight Cage during Genesis was a reference to Sonic Chronicles?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby OncleSam » Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

If we where to return to the Genesis universe, I get the feeling Knuckles Chaotix will be retconned like Sega are doing, since Charmey's Genesis experience had him being in the detective agency with Espio and Vector, something which I'm sure wasn't introduced until Heroes.

And I was wondering if Julie-Su's supposedly being back in the Twilight Cage during Genesis was a reference to Sonic Chronicles?

Sir , WHAT are you talking about ?! O_o
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Ziggyfin » Sun May 06, 2012 11:51 am

He's speculating about what happened in the Sonic FCBD comic.
Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun May 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Scruffy wrote:I got mine - was greeted at the entrance by Iron Man, and then I had to choose which 2 comics I wanted (and what flavour Chupa Chup :D). I took the Sonic one and the Star Wars/Serenity comic, which drew a nice parallel betwen Mal Reynolds and Han Solo
I always said that Captain Mal was pretty much Han Solo before he joined the Rebel Alliance. :)

The extra insight into what the other characters experience during Genesis was interesting. It raises the question of what others such as Lien-Da, Geoffrey and Naugus went through. Clearly something hit Naugus hard during Genesis.

Your recap lacks the important details, sir.

What flavor of Chupa Chup did you get?

...and, for that matter, what the heck is a Chupa Chup?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun May 06, 2012 3:02 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I got mine - was greeted at the entrance by Iron Man, and then I had to choose which 2 comics I wanted (and what flavour Chupa Chup :D). I took the Sonic one and the Star Wars/Serenity comic, which drew a nice parallel betwen Mal Reynolds and Han Solo

Your recap lacks the important details, sir.

What flavor of Chupa Chup did you get?

...and, for that matter, what the heck is a Chupa Chup?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

They're lollipops. And they're aaaaawesoooome :P
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby DubleDuce » Sun May 06, 2012 3:42 pm

So Cream and Bunnie are cousins in the Genesis world?

Now that's interesting.
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby Shamaalthedog » Sun May 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Can someone post a summary of the the extras in the FCBD, please? I want to know the extra stuff in the issue.
Shamaalthedog
BumbleFan

Postby jkcool » Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 pm

I have the best comic book shop in the world. Not too many people show up for FCBD, so they basically let you take as many as you want!

I got:
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON POINT ONE
BONGO FREE-FOR-ALL / SPONGEBOB FREESTYLE
MEGA MAN
MOUSE GUARD LABYRINTH
TRANSFORMERS #80.5
YO GABBA GABBA FREE COMIC BOOK TIME
2000 AD JUDGE DREDD SPEC
ANIMAL PLANET WORLD MOST DANGEROUS ANIMALS
ARCANA PRESENTS INTRINSIC
ATOMIC ROBO & FRIENDS
BUFFY THE GUILD
BURT WARD BOY WONDER
DINOSAURS VERSUS ALIENS
FINDING GOSSAMYR STUFF OF LEGEND
JURASSIC STRIKEFORCE 5
LADY DEATH THE BEGINNING
OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK MARKETPLACE
ROCKHEAD & ZINC
SPIDER-MAN SEASON ONE
THE HYPERNATURALS
VOLTRON FORCE
WALT DISNEYS DONALD DUCK FAMILY COMICS
DC COMICS THE NEW 52 SPECIAL ED
IMAGE 20
PEANUTS ADVENTURE TIME FLIPBOOK
STAR WARS SERENITY
ANTARCTICS ZOMBIE KID
ANTI
BAD MEDICINE #1
BARNABY (brings back memories of Harold and the Purple Crayon)
DC NATION SUPERMAN
INFERNAL DEVICES CLOCKWORK ANGEL
MOOMIN COLOR SPECIAL
MY FAVORITE MARTIAN
SMURFS
TOP SHELF KIDS CLUB
VALIANT
WITCHBLADE UNBALANCED PIECES
WORLDS OF ASPEN

...and... a free Frisbee!!!! Couldn't have got it all for a better price! :)
jkcool
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun May 06, 2012 4:01 pm

It's pretty much just those extra stories. They cover what was going on with certain characters during the re-reset back to Mobius Prime.

-Tails was flying around in the Tornado when the white light flashed.

-Knuckles was patrolling the Floating Island from the Sky Sanctuary when he caught sight of the Death Egg high in the sky. After the white flash, he's reunited with Julie-Su, who tells him that she feels as if she'd just been back in the Twilight Cage, and then Charmey shows up talking about how he had a weird dream that he was working as a detective with Vector and Espio.

-Amy was sitting on the grass arranging tarrot cards. She becomes overjoyed when the cards reveal that she is soon to meet Sonic in a magical place she's familier with (Little Planet), the cards mention "two Sonics" (Metal Sonic) but she didn't care. After the flash overcame her vision, she found herself back on board the Freedom Fighter Special opposit Geoffrey, who seemed to also be snapping out of a dreamlike state.

-A completely flesh and blood Bunnie was trapped inside an Egg prison capsule with numorous Mobini. She assures the creatures that there's a group of Mobians going around saving people, giving themselves hope. She spends most of the time worrying about her little cousin, Cream, and how she's too young to deal with all of this. After the flash, Bunnie is back co-piloting the Freedom Fighter Special, she finds herself disorientated by how it briefly felt as if her body was completely organic again.

-Rotor goes through the same stuff we saw at the end of Genesis part 4, where Sally reassures him that everything is under control. After the flash, Rotor finds himself inside his house half-undressed out of his council uniform. He remembers that he originally intended to change into his nanite suit and join the battle against the Death Egg, but he instead decides his counciling duties are more important right now.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Blade » Sun May 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Got my free comic yesterday. While I only managed to grab the Sonic one, I did get to meet Ben Bates! He signed my comic, and drew me Metal Sonic. Worth waiting in line for an hour. :D
Blade
BumbleNewbie

Postby OncleSam » Sun May 06, 2012 6:46 pm

It's pretty much just those extra stories. They cover what was going on with certain characters during the re-reset back to Mobius Prime.

-Tails was flying around in the Tornado when the white light flashed.

-Knuckles was patrolling the Floating Island from the Sky Sanctuary when he caught sight of the Death Egg high in the sky. After the white flash, he's reunited with Julie-Su, who tells him that she feels as if she'd just been back in the Twilight Cage, and then Charmey shows up talking about how he had a weird dream that he was working as a detective with Vector and Espio.

-Amy was sitting on the grass arranging tarrot cards. She becomes overjoyed when the cards reveal that she is soon to meet Sonic in a magical place she's familier with (Little Planet), the cards mention "two Sonics" (Metal Sonic) but she didn't care. After the flash overcame her vision, she found herself back on board the Freedom Fighter Special opposit Geoffrey, who seemed to also be snapping out of a dreamlike state.

-A completely flesh and blood Bunnie was trapped inside an Egg prison capsule with numorous Mobini. She assures the creatures that there's a group of Mobians going around saving people, giving themselves hope. She spends most of the time worrying about her little cousin, Cream, and how she's too young to deal with all of this. After the flash, Bunnie is back co-piloting the Freedom Fighter Special, she finds herself disorientated by how it briefly felt as if her body was completely organic again.

-Rotor goes through the same stuff we saw at the end of Genesis part 4, where Sally reassures him that everything is under control. After the flash, Rotor finds himself inside his house half-undressed out of his council uniform. He remembers that he originally intended to change into his nanite suit and join the battle against the Death Egg, but he instead decides his counciling duties are more important right now.

Now THAT , I like . A LOT .

Thank you my dear man . Maybe this is what Ian mentioned when saying that we could go back a bit more in the Genesis world . I feel like the Genesis world is the Sega world . With the Satam cast added . That's pretty nice .

Oh and what's Amy's design ? Classic or Modern ?
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Toby Barrett » Sun May 06, 2012 7:05 pm

It's mostly text, with a small drawing of Classic Amy on the top right corner, and a panel of Modern Amy from another issue on the bottom left.
Toby Barrett

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun May 06, 2012 7:39 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:-Tails was flying around in the Tornado when the white light flashed.

Genesis!Tails was flying up against the Wing Fortress.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius