Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Postby BlueBlur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am

FCBD 2012 is almost here! I wanted to know if everyone was going and if they would be at the one in Charlotte?

Also, I made a video about my last FCBD trip, making it a sort of teaser/preview to this one. :D

(If there is/is going to be a an official FCBD thread, than you can disregard/merge this one.)
BlueBlur
BumbleNoble

Re: Free Comic Book Day 2012 Thread

Postby Zack_GLC » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 am

(hearty laughter) FCBD kinda annoys me. Only because the girl at the comic shop acts all awkward when i ask for the sonic issue. Its as if she doesnt think a 22 year old should be reading such things!
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby BlueBlur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

Zack_GLC wrote:(hearty laughter) FCBD kinda annoys me. Only because the girl at the comic shop acts all awkward when i ask for the sonic issue. Its as if she doesnt think a 22 year old should be reading such things!

She is so early 90's.

But yeah, I have girl awkwardness, too. There's this snarky girl who comes every year who I think liked me (naturally :D ), and I told her one year I'd post on her deviant art page, but I didn't have my own computer at that point and my parents were worried about security on that site (don't ask). So like a jerk I didn't post on it 'til over a year, and she still gives me the icy shoulder today. Which I more or less deserve.
BlueBlur
BumbleNoble

Postby DubleDuce » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 am

So this FCBD issue is a reprint of StH #230 right? With some exclusive content?

I'm pretty interested to see just how different it is.
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby NeonZephyr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Zack_GLC wrote:(hearty laughter) FCBD kinda annoys me. Only because the girl at the comic shop acts all awkward when i ask for the sonic issue. Its as if she doesnt think a 22 year old should be reading such things!

I get this from a couple of my friends, mostly my last roommate. I'm a giant 12-year-old inside, what can I say? (Aren't all college-kids just giant 12-year-olds, anyway?) Neither shop I visit has ever given me an issue for liking it, though.

I'm looking forward to getting this. I've been mildly spoiler-ed so I know what the bonus stuff is, but I haven't read any of it yet. But, I can't wait to finally do so. FCBD is the one day I have an excuse to go to both of the local comic shops, and I wish I could give them more love.

...is it Saturday, yet?
NeonZephyr
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm

I may have to travel to a comic shop in the next county to get the issues I want, but it's so worth. I wanna get the Sonic issues, the Adventure Time issue, and maybe the Mega Man issue :D
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:51 pm

The 5 I want.

1) Sonic
2) Mega Man
3) Transformers 80.5
4) Mouse Guard Labyrinth (It's a free hardcover, that alone has my attention)
5) Peanuts
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm

DubleDuce wrote:So this FCBD issue is a reprint of StH #230 right? With some exclusive content?

Yeah, it's Sonic #230 with a new cover and without the Generations back story in favor of something else.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby BlueBlur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:15 pm

What I think is hilarious about looking back on the last FCBD is how wrong we all were about what was coming in #225. Me included.
BlueBlur
BumbleNoble

Postby Pixel Kaiser » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:33 pm

I've been looking forward to this for months, but my plans got ruined. Final exams are actually over on Friday but I couldn't get anyone to help me move all my furniture until Sunday so I'm stuck at my dorm until then.

There's always Free Comic Book Day 2013, I guess...
Pixel Kaiser
BumbleFan

Postby SimonSays » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm

You should always try going in the next day to see what they have left. No, they probably won't have the good stuff left, but you never know. And you can still make off with a massive haul, even if they don't have the one you want. Last year, I forgot about FCBD until the week after. Didn't get my Sonic comic, but I walked out with a stack of almost 50 comics from that year's FCBD and the year before, including some nice DC and Marvel stuff. I was in a pretty good mood that afternoon. :D
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Ziggyfin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Last year my friend went to my comic store to pick up some free titles, and they only had the Archie one left. It was strange because my comic store has a huge selection.....but they also have lots of customers.
Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby Tylinos » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:18 pm

I just hope I can even get to Free Comic Book Day this year. Thanks to my local comic shop closing last year, the nearest shop is a 40 or so minute drive away. It's not even like it's not worth driving up, either, since I need to go there at some point; Now that I'm subscribed to three books thanks to Mega Man, I ran out of those comic sleeve things really fast, so I need to buy more. So hey, motivation.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Tracy Yardley! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 pm

In case anyone wanted to know, I'll be at Richard's Comics and Collectables in Greenville, SC like usual.

Tracy!
Tracy Yardley!
PROFESSIONAL

Postby Pixel Kaiser » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 pm

SimonSays wrote:You should always try going in the next day to see what they have left. No, they probably won't have the good stuff left, but you never know. And you can still make off with a massive haul, even if they don't have the one you want. Last year, I forgot about FCBD until the week after. Didn't get my Sonic comic, but I walked out with a stack of almost 50 comics from that year's FCBD and the year before, including some nice DC and Marvel stuff. I was in a pretty good mood that afternoon. :D

Yeah, what I might end up doing is calling them up and asking them to hold some of the books. I'm sure they'll have plenty extra.

Tylinos wrote:I just hope I can even get to Free Comic Book Day this year. Thanks to my local comic shop closing last year, the nearest shop is a 40 or so minute drive away. It's not even like it's not worth driving up, either, since I need to go there at some point; Now that I'm subscribed to three books thanks to Mega Man, I ran out of those comic sleeve things really fast, so I need to buy more. So hey, motivation.

Yeah, the nearest comic shop around my hometown is a half an hour drive from my parent's house, but considering I only picked up my books once per month it wasn't that bad. It's not like you need to hit up the LCS every day or anything.
Pixel Kaiser
BumbleFan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius