Sonic Talk Episode #6:Ask Ian (now with youtube)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic Talk Episode #6:Ask Ian (now with youtube)

Postby nuckles87 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 am

On this week's edition of Sonic Talk, we talk to Ian Flynn....about everything we can think of....for nearly three hours.

Epic stuff.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/04/23/son ... 6-ask-ian/

Figured this deserved a new thread. Mods, go ahead and lock the question thread if you feel like it.

We'll have a youtube video up soon for those who cant download it.
Last edited by nuckles87 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic Talk Episode #6:Ask Ian

Postby DubleDuce » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 am

THIS JUST IN: Ian should be hired for all future Big the Cat voice work.
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tylinos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:32 am

DubleDuce wrote:THIS JUST IN: Ian should be hired for all future Big the Cat voice work.

This. Definitely this. Gutsman too.

That podcast was a blast to listen to. Awesome job, guys.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby SamCyberCat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:02 am

Just listened to the interview and really enjoyed it. Mentally cheered when Ian listed Guts Man as his favourite Robot Master, Guts Man is just awesome. :D

Also, power to Sonic x Big, bro! BD
SamCyberCat
BumbleCitizen

Postby Vampfox » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:17 am

nuckles87 wrote:We'll have a youtube video up soon for those who cant download it.
Good to know that it will be up on Youtube. I can't download it. My computer keeps telling me that it's unsafe.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby sonicray » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 am

i download it, but for some reason the audio keeps getting muted every 30 seconds or so, I hope the youtube version is not like that.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 am

Any chance of a transcript being posted here?
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am

Added this thread to the big ol' table of contents for Ask Ian. So this is officially Ask Ian #30. Crimeny that's a lot of Q&A.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 am

You need to do more of it. XD

Perhaps instead of every month, or once a week, how's about 2-3 times a year? XD
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby nuckles87 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am

SamCyberCat wrote:Just listened to the interview and really enjoyed it. Mentally cheered when Ian listed Guts Man as his favourite Robot Master, Guts Man is just awesome. :D

Also, power to Sonic x Big, bro! BD

I have sown the seeds. Good...

Let the movement begin.

Astrobot7000 wrote:Any chance of a transcript being posted here?

It's nearly three hours long and filled with impressions and very active discussion. So no, unfortunately.

Like I said, we're doing a Youtube video for those who can't download it, whether it be due to connection speed or an overzealous Anti-Virus.

Ian Flynn wrote:Added this thread to the big ol' table of contents for Ask Ian. So this is officially Ask Ian #30. Crimeny that's a lot of Q&A.

And with this, Sonic Talk has made history, again.

Step #15 in the march towards world domination complete.
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby squeakyboots13 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:46 pm

I would suggest splitting the Youtube version into parts considering that three hours is a long time and that people with slow internet connections probably wouldn't be able to load that in one go either.

Ian, you should consider becoming a voice actor if you ever have the time. You would be amazing.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby DubleDuce » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Obviously the whole thing with Emerl is a moot point due to there being so many other plot threads going on right now, but I figure the further down the line we get, the further away Sonic X will seem to SEGA, and maybe by the time the majority of what is going on right now in the comics is settled, they might give Ian a green light for Emerl.

Ian noted that if permission was granted and he decided to write in Emerl, it may be hard to do him without just recycling the Sonic Battle story, and while I think that's a good point, I honestly would be more excited for the possibilities of what Gemerl would bring to the table. Sonic Advance 3 really only touched upon what could be done with him, so I personally would think that he would make a compelling choice for a character in future stories down the line, especially if the story of Emerl was told right in the comics.

And you know, the whole thing with the Nocturnus.
Last edited by DubleDuce on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I said this once, and I'll say it again. I understand that we won't know what happened to Hershey the Cat/St. John soon, but how much longer are we going to have to wait to see her again? She has not appeared since her cameo in #174 and we saw her in a flash back in #233. Ever since #219-#224 and before #233, I was worried about the fact if she was dead or not. You also said you have concrete plans for Hershey back in 2010 and that in the #226 Sonic Grams you said that all will be revealed when someone asked about Hershey's whereabouts. I'm not sure if this is true but.....

Spoiler: show
Does this actually mean she was not the black cat female legionaire that Drago Wolf was hassling in SU #37, and that she is not the figure in STH #237? If that's true, then I don't know who that legionaire is, and I don't know who the figure for #237 could be then.

So Ian, please don't tell me we're not going to see Hershey for longer than I thought.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby DubleDuce » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:32 pm

She very well could be that black coated legionnaire, but Ian has plenty of other stories going on right now to deal with. I am positive that he has a concrete plan for her, but he is waiting until later to execute. Like the Mighty and Ray fans, you got to be patient. He can only put out so many stories in a year, so what seems like two years in real life is only like eight stories in comic book time.
DubleDuce
BumbleCitizen

Postby Lewanut » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:I would suggest splitting the Youtube version into parts considering that three hours is a long time and that people with slow internet connections probably wouldn't be able to load that in one go either.

Ian, you should consider becoming a voice actor if you ever have the time. You would be amazing.

He has moonlighted in voice acting before. One project I'm pretty sure I've heard he did was a character voice for an Indie game, I think on IOS but I'm not sure. Looking it up, I can't seem to find the source, so I could be wildly off-base here, but I'm pretty sure he's said before that he does voice acting. That, and it's one of the skills listed on his resume.

Veggie Burgers,
Lewanut
Lewanut
BumbleClan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius