Sonic the Hedgehog #231 Spoilers/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #231 Spoilers/Discussion

Postby SallyGirl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. :D

Now I'll talk about the rest of the issue. I really liked the art and thought the begining was handled well. As I was reading it, I kept hearing Jael White's voice in my head (later, I realized I was remembering this starting at 1:33)

I loved how the two stories matched and bunnie's scene as she rushed in to attack the titan.
But I think my favorite parts were Big standing infront of Vanilla and Cream and Mecha Sally intimidating Snively. (Though I'm not sure why Robotnik wants to blast them with his super cannon--something that can supposedly destroy the whole city all at once--when he's trying to escape--or else, if he's going wipe them off the map, why does he need to escape?)

I don't think Bunnie's limbs will become flesh and blood since those aren't her original robotic limbs, but you never know. This brings up an interesting point, though... Warning-Spoiled for fan idea/theory!
Spoiler: show
If turning something or someone robotic crystal can change the metal to flesh and blood, then maybe Ixis is the key to getting Sally deroboticized.
SallyGirl
BumbleKnight

hee hee hee...."boogers." Um, I mean...yes, silence.

Postby Dick Kittenheart » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 am

I suggest a moment of silence for those poor garbage 'bots who were dumped out the Death Egg's nose like a bunch of metal boogers.
Dick Kittenheart
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mikail » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 am

SallyGirl wrote:Warning-Spoiled for fan idea/theory!
If turning something or someone robotic crystal can change the metal to flesh and blood, then maybe Ixis is the key to getting Sally deroboticized.

Oh having to rely on that would just about put Sonics pride in tatters
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:36 am

All righty! I got my hands on the issue today which is my cue to finally go back and read the entire thread regarding the issue, now that I don't have to worry about being spoiled. But before I get to my thoughts on the comic... on one of the early pages of this thread, I saw something that has compelled me to, if you'll indulge me for just a minute, make a public service announcement. Actually, you know what? I'll just link to it so that we don't get bogged down in off topic-ness. Basically it boils down to what LBD Nytetrayn said: please only make POA nominations in the POA nominations thread.

So - the comic! Oh man, I loved reading this one. Sonic's turmoil as Sally turned on him, the unleashing of Titan Metal Sonic and the Tails Doll, Cream and Big getting to be big darn heroes, and Naugus' ultimate victory - they were all amazing. Dubs' latest Off Panel was the icing on the cake - people looked up from their burgers as I sat in Hungry Jacks 'reading it, wondering just what I was laughing my butt off at. :P The terror that doll put into not just Cheese but also the framed picture on the wall and a suddenly religious Vanilla? Hilarious!

So, that brings us to fan theory time! Some of these are a bit spoilerific for what little we know of some future comics, so read at your own risk.

Theory #1. Eggman is trying to think up a new nickname for Mecha Sally. How about... McAlly? It's like an abbreviated Mecha Sally! And just because he's a complete nutbag, he could even program McAlly to speak with a Scottish accent! So what do you think? Eh? Eh?!? :D

Theory #2. I'm not too worried about Bunnie. Looking ahead to the cover for SU #37 (and I saw that MustachioFurioso also agreed with this), it looks as if Eggman's going to put a bounty on her head. Now would he bother to do that to someone who was comatose/lying in a hospital bed/adopting the new nickname of, 'Torso girl'/starting a promising new career as a sparkly green paperweight? Highly unlikely.

#3. Also regarding the cover for SU #37... I'm wondering if this ties in with Eggman's suddenly missing Chaos Emerald. Is it possible that Snively's making his move already?

Finally, I have to admit that I'm still a little confused regarding the whole roboticisation immunity. I don't think I'm alone here. As I see it, it narrows down to either one of two things:

#1. When the BEM deroboticised the Robian population, they also put a roboticisation immunity over the entire planet. Until this was undone by Operation: Clean Slate, it was physically impossible to roboticise anyone. Now the people who were turned back to normal by the BEM are still protected, but anyone else is a target again.

#2. Operation: Clean Slate didn't actually change anything in regards to roboticisation. The people who the BEM deroboticised were given immunity, but anyone else still could have been roboticised after the BEM left - Eggman just didn't know this, because he only ever captured test subjects who had been given the new immunity by the BEM. For instance, if he had been given the opportunity and tried to roboticise Sally prior to Genesis, it would have worked.

Considering that I've seen a fair bit of confusion and differing opinions about this, I was kinda hoping for an official answer to this by Ian or someone else affiliated with Archie (Lea, Dubs, Nytetrayn, etc). But if this is something that's going to be addressed in upcoming issues, no problem. Oh, and one other question: how did Eggman find out that the BEM were the ones behind the mass deroboticisation? I don't remember that little tidbit being made public knowledge outside of Sonic's family. Eggman definitely said that he was still in the dark back in #135.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Re: hee hee hee...."boogers." Um, I mean...yes, silence.

Postby Zack_GLC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:54 am

Dick Kittenheart wrote:I suggest a moment of silence for those poor garbage 'bots who were dumped out the Death Egg's nose like a bunch of metal boogers.

haha i noticed that too. kinda look like crabs, no?
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Zack_GLC wrote:
Dick Kittenheart wrote:I suggest a moment of silence for those poor garbage 'bots who were dumped out the Death Egg's nose like a bunch of metal boogers.

OMG they were Crabmeat's I thought they looked familer!
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby kryptyk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:08 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Zack_GLC wrote:

OMG they were Crabmeat's I thought they looked familer!

No, I don't think so....they looked more spider-like to me. Check out the one that sealed the hole in the Death Egg back in #225.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Dub » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Those are the Egg Mites. Enemies from Sonic '06. :)
Dub
BumbleCreative

Postby Godzillabrawler » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Dub wrote:Those are the Egg Mites. Enemies from Sonic '06. :)

Of course he'd dump out the enemies from that trainwreck game.
Godzillabrawler
BumbleNoble

Postby Zack_GLC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Godzillabrawler wrote:
Dub wrote:Those are the Egg Mites. Enemies from Sonic '06. :)

Of course he'd dump out the enemies from that trainwreck game.

I actually thought it was a good game. Just far too many glitches.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 am

Got my issue today. :)

dang at Bunnie being partially crystallised [something I'm sure Nagus will fix next issue, if just to appease his new founded popularity with the populace].

Big and Cream were wonderful additions [especially Big shielding that Rabbit family], showing that New Mobotropolis is a thriving community of not just the FFs, the Royals and Civilians, but those that blur in-between being heroes [and civilians].

And Tails Doll. :shock: :P

Hopefully Ian will let Mech Sally lie for afew more issues before developing [not rectifying] it further. Time for Sonic and the other FFs to bond and grow for the next year [or more]. And I like her - just she [like every character that isn't Sonic] needs to be regulated to the background now and again. Now's that time [and as a interesting Villain role to boot].

New direction ahoy! :mrgreen: 8)
Chosenoneknuckles
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:36 pm

I have a new theory that I made about a while ago after reading #231:
I read that the power source of the Death Egg MK2 (the Chaos Emerald) was reported gone. I have a feeling that Hershey was the one who took it. I mean, in #224, Geoffey said him and her were on seperate missions, and he found no traces of her I presume, and he said that she died in the Eggman Empire. So these thing that happened in the comic could explain a lot. I'm not trying to over-examine the comic's plot, but yeah, it's my theory.

Anyways, I thought this issue was epic, and like I said before, Ian Flynn has really shook things up. I also wonder how issue #250 will turn out.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Tcat » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Or y'know.. after Sonic went Super they scattered.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Tcat wrote:Or y'know.. after Sonic went Super they scattered.

That could be it, but I don't see how the Chaos Emreald in the Death Egg MK2 can jump out of its place when it was in the time after Sonic went Super, and I don't see how the Chaos Emerald can jump out of it's place so easily. But we'll have to see...

Edit: In #229...

Sonic used a cut power cord with the Chaos Energy to become Super Sonic. So I don' think they sacattered.
Last edited by NiTROACTiVE on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby SimonSays » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm not so positive Hershey took the emerald, but I do think someone took it. To have it just warp away because of Super Sonic would ruin the fun of having characters backstab and cheat each other. And I hate it when villains play fair. :P

Either we have a traitor in our midst (which the next SU arc would have us believe is Snively), or there's a spy aboard the Death Egg. If the latter's the case, then yeah, I'd gander it's Hershey.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius