Sonic the Hedgehog #226 Preview

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #226 Preview

Postby Legionfan44 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm

OMG...Robotnik has trapped sonic & the freedom Fighters in a Sega Genesis System! You Glorious Evil man you! (hearty laughter).

Sweet Cover! The Description is Kind of Vauge though...so basically the Genesis stories are adaption/readaptions of old games??? I IZ CONFUZLED! (hearty laughter). still looks sweet non the less.
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby Costa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Don't forget about the preview of FCBD '11 we just got. It almost certainly takes place after #225, and thus rules out a reboot. I wonder how this free issue will factor into the plot, though. Perhaps its ending will lead into #226 in a way where you don't miss anything major if you miss that issue.
Costa
BumbleNewbie

Postby Sockie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Costa wrote:Don't forget about the preview of FCBD '11 we just got. It almost certainly takes place after #225, and thus rules out a reboot. I wonder how this free issue will factor into the plot, though. Perhaps its ending will lead into #226 in a way where you don't miss anything major if you miss that issue.

No...? If anything, I'd say FCBD 2011 takes place after #224, seeing as how the Death Egg's just arriving.

That said, I also believe it's not a reboot.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby 2tailed » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Woowwww...
Fear and trepidation...
and excitement!

Also, Spaz is doing his first interior art since issue #98! WOOHOO!

This book will be selling just about the time of Sonic's actual, official calendar anniversary...cool!
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Postby Mustachio » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 pm

I think FCBD ether happens shortly before #225 or immediately after (before anything long lasting from Genesis happens). Though, from the preview pages of FCBD it seems to fit in between #224 and #225.

Big Al Son wrote:The only game that has never had a tie-in was the very 1st, Sonic the Hedgehog.

It kinda did, actually. In one of the Sonic Kids ("Zoneward Bound", I believe) a young Sonic goes to an alternate Zone that strongly resembles Green Hill Zone (only under construction) and meets Dr. Robotnik there who's in his Egg Mobile using the wrecking ball mech from Sonic 1. Sonic defeats him and returns to Mobius Prime.

Granted, it was a very loose tie-in, but it was no more loose then Archie's Sonic Rush tie-in, Sonic Riders tie-in, or SegaSonic Arcade tie-in. Really, Sonic 2 was the one that never got a tie-in whatsoever but places and elements from Sonic 2 were still incorporated into the comic.

Me, personally, I'm figuring "Genesis" will start out as an adaption of Sonic 1 but evolve beyond a simple tie-in. Even if it kinda combs over the events of Sonic 1-3&K that will be cool as long as it takes off as its own thing. It should already be a little different if the Freedom Fighters and the Death Egg are present (Death Egg was in Sonic 2 and 3&K, of course, but not Sonic 1).
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Vampfox » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Hope we get issue for Sonic Labyrinth. :twisted:
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby SallyGirl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

That is one cool cover. Because of the cover and description, I think that it will be an adaptation of Sonic 1. If that's true, it might mean other genesis game will be adapted during the rest of the genesis arc. That would be cool. I always enjoy seeing the comics tie into games with my favorite comic characters present. (Obviously, I don't think it's a reboot. I think Ian and Dubs pretty much ruled that out.)

Whatever is planned, I'm intrigued and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out in the months to come.
SallyGirl
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicray » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 pm

After looking at the cover, which looks like the box art for Sonic 1, except with the current look, do you think STH #227 will look like the cover for Sonic 2? That world be great.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby Mustachio » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

sonicray wrote:After looking at the cover, which looks like the box art for Sonic 1, except with the current look, do you think STH #227 will look like the cover for Sonic 2? That world be great.

I'm holding out hope for that. Out of the classic box art Sonic 2 was always my favorite. I just want to see Sonic and Tails standing Batman and Robin style in front of a giant 2 with an even bigger Dr. Robotnik lurking shadowing our heroes and gripping the 2 with one hand.

Though, the 2 would be extremely random on a comic cover. But it is Sonic's 20th anniversary and its issue #227 if that counts for anything. :P Maybe they can make it a 20 instead?

Oh well, the chances might be slim on that but it would be cool for me none-the-less if it happened.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby BlueStreak » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:25 pm

I can't be a reboot because Ian has hinted at some Sonic Universe story lines that haven't been touched yet.
BlueStreak
BumbleFan

Postby BlueBlur » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 pm

;alskdjf;alskdfj;alskdfj;aslkdfj;alskdjf;alskdfj;alskdjf;laskdjf????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You are making me do this a lot lately, Ian.

gytnjmunhjyuyunhjn nnhjyunj

...Well, this... looks a lot like an adaptation of Sonic 1 to me. Or rather, it's an adaptation of the spirit of the Sega Genesis days, mainly Sonic 1. I'm sure this will not be a reboot. I'm sure the other FFrs will be there. I'm pretty sure the theory that Sonic and the gang are relocating after Nicole's city (and possibly Nicole with it) is destroyed is how things are going to go.

But I actually really like this if it's what I think. I was looking rather enviously at the Mega Man comic, and though I would never ask that we have a reboot or a non-Archie/SatAm comic, I felt the difference between a fresh, very streamlined book and one with an exploding cast and continuity. I think this signals an even moreso streamlined Sonic that is still ArchieSonic and true to its roots.

At least, I hope.
BlueBlur
BumbleNoble

Postby GameBuddy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Toby Barrett wrote:
Maybe Sonic Reboot

GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 pm

Darkfox wrote:Hope we get issue for Sonic Labyrinth. :twisted:

Along with Sonic Drift and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. :evil:
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SallyGirl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:34 pm

BlueBlur wrote:...Well, this... looks a lot like an adaptation of Sonic 1 to me. Or rather, it's an adaptation of the spirit of the Sega Genesis days, mainly Sonic 1. I'm sure this will not be a reboot. I'm sure the other FFrs will be there. I'm pretty sure the theory that Sonic and the gang are relocating after Nicole's city (and possibly Nicole with it) is destroyed is how things are going to go.

But I actually really like this if it's what I think. I was looking rather enviously at the Mega Man comic, and though I would never ask that we have a reboot or a non-Archie/SatAm comic, I felt the difference between a fresh, very streamlined book and one with an exploding cast and continuity. I think this signals an even moreso streamlined Sonic that is still ArchieSonic and true to its roots.

At least, I hope.

Yeah, that would be really cool. (Though I hope Nicole survives as a handheld if nothing else.)
SallyGirl
BumbleKnight

Postby Milox » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 pm

you know something...wording can be a funny thing. You guys seem to be assuming that these woodland creatures aren't mobians...
EDIT: nevermind, the very next post points this out. derp.
Milox
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius