Ask Ian XXIX - Running as Long as it Can!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian XXIX - Running as Long as it Can!

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun May 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Right, so, let's have another round of "Ask Ian." I've been waiting for a time when I'm not so busy, but that's never going to happen. Ever. So let's go ahead and get it rolling and we'll keep it running for as long as we can.

We're also going to try for a new format here. I'll be returning to the audio responses since those ended up being much easier to put together. I'll be hosting the MP3s here and uploading them to YouTube for ease of others.

Anyone who would like to volunteer to transcribe the audio logs to .TXT or .DOC files would be appreciated (both by me and those who can't listen for some reason or another).

Now, because of the new format, we're going to go by two rules:

#1 - ONE question per person per answer session. This is in the interest of making it easier for me to keep up and less work for the fine volunteer force.

#2 - I reserve the right to skip your question. That sounds mean and heartless, I know, but sometimes it must be done. There are some question that I just can't answer for whatever reason, so I'll leave them be. Just know it's not personal.

Please note that since this thread is for the questions only, there's a talkback thread for discussion. You may find that the answer to your question is already available, so check it out.

MOD EDIT: Until further notice, anything other than a question in this thread will result in an instant two week ban. No warnings. No grace period.

So...let the questions commence, and let's see how long this will last.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun May 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Space reserved for updates. Late update 7/25/10

Ask Ian 29.1 (MP3) (YouTube)
Transcript: (Version 1) - by sonicblaster59 | (Version 2) - by Scourge160

Ask Ian 29.2 (MP3)(YouTube)
Transcripts: (Link) - by Scruffy

Ask Ian 29.3 (MP3)(YouTube)
Transcript: (Link) - by Scruffy

Ask Ian 29.4 (MP3)(YouTube)
Transcript: (Link) - by Scruffy
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Vampfox » Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

I don't know if you can talk about this, but do you know if Sega has shown any interest in using ArchieSonic characters in the Sonic games?
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby SorcererLance » Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 am

considering we're finally getting a comic adaptation of Tails Adventure, is there a chance for an adaptation of sorts for other older games like say, SegaSonic Arcade?
SorcererLance
BumbleNoble

Postby Costa » Mon May 24, 2010 12:18 am

Is there any information you can divulge about the Sonic Selects, such as the new release pattern, inclusion of mini-series and Knuckles comics and how they'll be worked in, when we will know more information, etc.?
Costa
BumbleNewbie

Postby Thrdwrld » Mon May 24, 2010 12:43 am

Ok, umm, can Sally go super? I mean in the same way that Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Shadow can, because I seem to remember you saying somewhere that not everyone can go super; but seeing as how she's a princess and all with a once mystical connection to the source of all. And also can she go super in the sense that Sega would actually let you to transform a comic exclusive character super?
Last edited by Thrdwrld on Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrdwrld
BumbleFan

Postby Scourge160 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 am

Personal question,

How does it feel to be the main writer for over 50 issues straight and basically now the only writer?
Scourge160
BumbleNoble

Postby Hermoso » Mon May 24, 2010 1:06 am

How do you plan out the scripts?
Last edited by Hermoso on Mon May 24, 2010 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermoso
BumbleNoble

Postby Milox » Mon May 24, 2010 2:03 am

For all intents and purposes, (as I dont think it would need to be covered in the comic), does Espio have dirt on our dear friend Ray?

Also, im a very bored person during the day, i could probably do some transcription.
Milox
BumbleClan

Re: Ask Ian XXIX - Running as Long as it Can!

Postby Scourge160 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:05 am

Ian Flynn wrote:Anyone who would like to volunteer to transcribe the audio logs to .TXT or .DOC files would be appreciated (both by me and those who can't listen for some reason or another).

I'd be willing to do that. Would make a nice little project especially if you release the audio file over the summer sometime.
Scourge160
BumbleNoble

Postby Moogy » Mon May 24, 2010 2:49 am

If I recall, you said that the arcs post-Iron Domion will be much shorter. We already know of the Wolf Pack arc and the Rotor/Silver arc, but without going into full detail, could you give a hint at how long the series of shorter arcs will last before another large arc arrives?
Moogy
BumbleKnight

Postby FairFieldFinder » Mon May 24, 2010 3:08 am

From Kagimizu...

Does Fiona know where Scourge is?
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Mon May 24, 2010 3:18 am

I'm thinking of asking one, but it'd sound uber fangirly.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby ChaosXVI » Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 am

I'm new to the forums and haven't had time to read through all of the previous "Ask Ian"s so please just ignore if this has been answered...

Any chance of the return of Robotnik Prime? Be it in the form of a flashback at least? I miss seeing his design...My dream story is of his full fledged return as either a rival or ally-turned-traitor to the current version of Robotnik...maybe give them different personalities......enough fan-rant, there's the question!
ChaosXVI
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Mon May 24, 2010 3:35 am

I think Ian has said that Robotnik Prime was completely obliterated during that one issue where he came back. Now he just appears in flashbacks (as recently as #206-207, in fact).

Okay, my question is going to sound REALLY stupid....but...does Espio see Knuckles as his BEST friend? Or is there someone else? Yeah, predictably insane coming from me, but I'm just so curious about it.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius