StH#210: Preview/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby theJcfreak » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Meliden wrote:
jcfreak16 wrote:I'm beginning to think Geoffrey's Braustrianish.

Don't remember Geoffery having the same accent as Arnold Schwarzenegger. :D

Oh... well... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I wonder where he got that snazzy outfit. I mean, you reckon he has enough pockets?
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby SamSal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm

hur hur hur.

I just realized that in the second to last panel, everyone in it has a funneh accent. :(hearty laughter):
SamSal
BumbleNoble

Postby MegaHayzer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Alright, maybe I jumped the gun with calling NICOLE and Bunnie something out of a sex-flick, but my point still stands with the others.

I apologize to those I may have offended.

Anyway, looks cool, but I want SU #14 moar.
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby shinginta » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Samurai Sally wrote:hur hur hur.

I just realized that in the second to last panel, everyone in it has a funneh accent. :(hearty laughter):
HAH. Good point. Looks like we're assembling the Multicultural Ethnicity Squadâ„¢! for this venture.
shinginta
BumbleNoble

Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center Non-Discriminatory AI Disposal Ditch

Postby The KKM » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 pm

hayzer the tazer wrote:Alright, maybe I jumped the gun with calling NICOLE and Bunnie something out of a sex-flick, but my point still stands with the others.

Thanks to you, this shall play in my head when I read the comic! Argh!

(just joking)
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby MegaHayzer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:00 pm

KKM wrote:
hayzer the tazer wrote:Alright, maybe I jumped the gun with calling NICOLE and Bunnie something out of a sex-flick, but my point still stands with the others.

Thanks to you, this shall play in my head when I read the comic! Argh!

(just joking)

Oh great...Now I've tainted my internet history. Can't wait until someone find that. XD
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby Mustachio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Its real weird to see an issue of "Sonic the Hedgehog" not starring Sonic. :P I like the "missing in action" silhouette, nice touch.

I'm still wondering if he will even show up for this mess. I think he will, but it might be reserved for the last page or two. I kinda' hope so, I like spending time with the other Freedom Fighters right now.

"Iron New Mobotroplis" (as I'm calling it) looks neat. Should make a fun playground during the finale.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:
Meliden wrote:

I wonder where he got that snazzy outfit. I mean, you reckon he has enough pockets?

He must have stole it while he was in Final Fantasy land! :P
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:
jcfreak16 wrote:
Meliden wrote:

He must have stole it while he was in Final Fantasy land! :P

Nah, if he got it from there, it'd have a lot more belts and would be a lot less symmetrical.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby RadRed21 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

lookin' good. i like that a lot of focus is going to be on the lesser FF in this issue. can't wait to see what else this trio does to combat the ID.
RadRed21
BumbleCitizen

Postby cdbrereton » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:53 pm

IanPotto wrote:Geoffrey started off with an Australian accent, which hovered around British, then disappeared altogether.

Really?? That's surprised me actually. Never mind, i can live with that. :)

Still, we have Rob O'th Hedge.
Last edited by cdbrereton on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cdbrereton
BumbleKnight

Postby 2tailed » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm

I see St. John's still the outfit he debuted in "Home". Say, where the heck is Hershey?

I don't really have much to say on this preview. It seems like most of it is just to bring the new readers up to speed on what's been happening. I hope Amy really gets to shine and that the exposition is mostly over.

I know it's kind of a nod to all the continuity freaks, but I don't get why St. John says "the first Robotnik." They're not dealing with any Robotnik taking over the city [as far as we know...hmm], so why bring up the first one? Why not just say "Robotnik", period?
Unless Eggman IS back in charge now...

Love that cover.
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Postby Luger » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:00 am

Glad to see Butler doing the artwork again in this issue. So far it looks pretty solid, and his image of Geoffrey St. John in full gear is fantastic. I don't think we've seen him wearing it since StH #134, but I'm glad its back since he's supposed to be, you know, a soldier. I really hope Hershey comes into play in this issue and isn't just in the background or not present at all - she really needs some more spotlight. Looking forward to how this issue and the rest of the arc plays out.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 am

2tailed wrote:I know it's kind of a nod to all the continuity freaks, but I don't get why St. John says "the first Robotnik." They're not dealing with any Robotnik taking over the city [as far as we know...hmm], so why bring up the first one? Why not just say "Robotnik", period?
Unless Eggman IS back in charge now...

I believe that it shows St. John's opinion that things were worse under the first Robotnik than they were under Eggman, and I would tend to agree somewhat. There was nothing left but a group of kids to fight off the first Robotnik. Eggman never really got it back to that level for very long (STH#175 is the exception but was only two issues).
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 am

Well, however awkward it is said out loud and whatever it means for Geoffrey's character, I doubt it was just there for nothing. I fully expect the two Robotniks tidbit to be somewhat relevant in the issue later.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius