StH#210: Preview/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby shigamado » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Well, so much for the comic me and the E.C.C. staff were gonna send for Fan Funnies.

shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby Vampfox » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Dimitri head jokes are always funny. :D
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby Mustachio » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

shigamado wrote:Well, so much for the comic me and the E.C.C. staff were gonna send for Fan Funnies.

*comic of awesomeness*

I love you, shigs. :)

Seriously, this would of made a great fan funnie.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby shigamado » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:19 am

BTW, I'm totally making this comic...

Panel 1 - "THE NEXT DAY...." Is shown in a narrative box. A Legionnaire is shown in a doctors outfit. He is being handed a scalpel.

DEL Doctor - Scalpel!! Don't worry Gran Master....

Panel 2 - A bunch of Legionnaires are surrounding the table. The camera is panned back so you can't see over them.

DEL Doctor - You'll be whole again soon!

Panel 3 - "TWO DAYS LATER" Narrative box is shown. One Legionnaire motions to the others.

Legionnaire - It was a success!! Come look!!

Panel 4 - The DEL are surrounding their Gran Master. It's Dimitri's head with Lein-Da's body. One Legionnaire is talking to another.

Dimitri - What a horrifying ending, but at least I have a body now. Plus, check out this sweet can!

Legionnaire 1 - This is REALLY awkward.

Legionnaire 2 - ...Like looking at your GF, but she has your Grandpa's face. Creepy.
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby Mustachio » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 am

XD Omg. I was thinking the same thing after reading the #211 spoilers! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

I'll spoiler this just in case...

#211 Spoilers wrote:Soon as I saw Lien-Da blow up, the first thought that raced in my mind is, "The Legion should just solve both problems and fuse Lien-Da and Dimitri into one cybernetic body. That way, everyone wins! ... Except Lien-Da of course." :P
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:35 am

You know I have been wanting to see Dimitri 's head tie to Lien-Da body giving her two heads for a long time now. Like seen made fun of in all those shows.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby shigamado » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:48 am

...I just realized I've been posting in the wrong thread.
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby bunnieantfan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:59 pm

shigamado wrote:BTW, I'm totally making this comic...

Panel 1 - "THE NEXT DAY...." Is shown in a narrative box. A Legionnaire is shown in a doctors outfit. He is being handed a scalpel.

DEL Doctor - Scalpel!! Don't worry Gran Master....

Panel 2 - A bunch of Legionnaires are surrounding the table. The camera is panned back so you can't see over them.

DEL Doctor - You'll be whole again soon!

Panel 3 - "TWO DAYS LATER" Narrative box is shown. One Legionnaire motions to the others.

Legionnaire - It was a success!! Come look!!

Panel 4 - The DEL are surrounding their Gran Master. It's Dimitri's head with Lein-Da's body. One Legionnaire is talking to another.

Dimitri - What a horrifying ending, but at least I have a body now. Plus, check out this sweet can!

Legionnaire 1 - This is REALLY awkward.

Legionnaire 2 - ...Like looking at your GF, but she has your Grandpa's face. Creepy.

*Shudders.*
bunnieantfan
BumbleCitizen

Postby Knuxfan15 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:53 am

Shadowfan wrote:Why are people jumping all over me?!? I repeat, I'm not passing judgement, on a story that I have not read, I'm simply asking a question, there's a difference.

I can understand that you were and are asking a question. However, the question does come across as sounding like an assumption, that it's obvious what is going to happen. I've seen these assumptions before and not always here. The fact is, we aren't privy to what's going on in the storywriters' heads. Sure, perhaps Snively will go back. But by the same token, he may not, or he may just lay low for awhile and try again. We don't know.

They've surprised us before, I'm sure they will again.
Knuxfan15
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mik9 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Sorry for wall of text.
Once again it’s another great issue. Character interactions continue to be strong along with the writing by Ian Flynn. My favorite interaction is with Robotnik when he is telling Snively about how he believe Sonic embodies chaos and demands Snively to let him out but Snively laughs and says no then tells him about the Iron Queen and Robotnik tell him that she is just using Sniverly nothing more and he runs away with a tear in his eye. The art by Steven Butler and colors by Matt Herms is once again great. My favorite panel is Robotnik first appearance in the book with him having a very creepy and overbearing look behind the glass and Snively being scared even through Robotnik can’t get to him at least physically. One thing I will say about Rotor is maybe the biggest problem of comic that been going on a while but with this issue it at it worst and that is Rotor coming as being old like a grandpa in his 60s but he around 18. I believe it being cause by 3 things, the first is his back injury which is not aging that much alone but add to it, secondly his councilor clothes which again it not that bad alone but add to it, and finally his style of glasses which I believe is aging a lot and is the main cause of it. All of this together is just overwhelmly aging him and if someone didn’t know who he is and how old he is actually is will just assume he is just some old freedom fighter. I think changing his style glasses will most likely fix this. By the way I enjoyed how Rotor act and fight when Snively was trying Legionize him. This is great issue and I am looking forward to the next one.
By the way nice comic :D Shigamdo.
Mik9
BumbleNewbie

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius