StH#210: Preview/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Vampfox » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:46 pm

:twisted: Not really looking forward to Amy getting the spotlight for the whole issue. I hope that the Iron King defeats her.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:15 pm

*walks in*

Huh. No rant from Q yet. Guy must be dead.

Zam wrote:Bunny looks ultra-cute on those panels. :D

Yes. Yes she does. And it's Bunnie not Bunny.

Great, I'm turning into a furry. :roll:
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Check page 1 JC. I already said kill the skunk.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

You call that a rant? *sighs* I suppose it'll do. For now.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby MegaHayzer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 pm

I like the fact that Geoffrey's back in action, but I still don't like Butler's art.

And I still want to see a Yardley Geoffrey (other than the 2 renditions of him for the #210 cover).

But y'know, that's just me being nitpicky. :P

Looks good. Amy's still obnoxious, but it looks like she's really turning into a warrior. Who would've thought that? ;)

And now back to my rant on Butler: I love (yes, that is the right word) his Geoffrey, but in all honesty, and I mean no offense to Steve, but his Antoine makes me want to puke. It's so...not right. Amy's head is a bit on the big side, while Antoine's is too small. Geoffrey's the only one who actually looks good.
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby Moogy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

I honestly love Butler's Antoine, and while isn't his super best at him, I still think it's quite decent.

Though I agree that he looks a little small compared to Amy. And while I really like his Geoffery, that nose of his looks pretty large there. Has it always been that way?
Moogy
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Yeah, Butler's nice, but his characters all look pretty stiff here. His Antoine isn't THAT bad, but it is a bit awkward-looking, and he definitely seems to have some trouble with Amy. The characters could stand to look a bit more expressive, too...

BUT that is just me being nitpicky. Overall, the issue looks interesting and fun, if a slight bit wordy.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:12 pm

I have to admit Butler does seem a little stiff here. I think his most jarring thing is the fact that Amy and Antoine are the same size. I thought Antoine was taller than Amy... but maybe not, I might just be misremembering. His Geoffrey is excellent though as is his Bunnie.

And what's this 'in the stump' business? I thought this was in the city, but now they're at Freedom HQ? What? I'm confused... is there more than one stump entrance to HQ? Or is there more than one HQ?
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:14 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:You call that a rant? *sighs* I suppose it'll do. For now.

There's no need for me to rant about the Skunk right now. Dubs, Lea and I have already done that in 3 different threads. Unless the skunk were to add something that would stir that ire, or if someone were to ask that's a different story. For now though, it's just kill the skunk.

Anywho, the story looks promising and Butler's art is pretty good in this issue. Should be interesting to what the rest of the issue has in store when it comes out next week.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:And what's this 'in the stump' business? I thought this was in the city, but now they're at Freedom HQ? What? I'm confused... is there more than one stump entrance to HQ? Or is there more than one HQ?

There's more than one HQ. This is just a sort of temporary underground base of operations inside the city. It was last seen, as said before, in Enerjak Reborn.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby FrogLenzen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Fiddle411 wrote:Once again; lovely art work, besides NICOLE looking a little tipsy.

She woke up this morning and felt a little like P. Diddy.

I am in love with this cover, with the absence of Sonic and the pink title and Amy's awesomely crazy expression.
FrogLenzen
BumbleKnight

Postby Peircefer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Ya know, the first time I saw it, I thought that under the Iron King's pic. it said "Porterhouse Warlord" instead of "Powerhouse Warlord."
Peircefer
BumbleClan

Postby Sam Z.G. » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:Great, I'm turning into a furry. :roll:

Everybody is "Clanky" for Bunnie! :(hearty laughter):
Sam Z.G.
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Amy looks aswome,

Holy crap Geoffrey is detailed, with all those line if he was animated he would cost a pretty penny :?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mr Saxon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Hooray for Geoffrey! I'm a very happy skunk fan at seeing him look so great! Sorry Q, but I just love the little guy:)

So happy seeing Butler back. No offense to Tracey, but Butler has always been my fave artist and this issue just looks stunning! Can't wait to get it!
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius