StH#210: Preview/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I'd say that's much more evil though.

Become assimilated without any free will vs. Do what I say or you're wall splatter.

Postby Sockie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Spoilers wrote:Legionization sounds as cruel as Roboticization, which is good. Why watch your flesh turn to metal when you can watch pieces of your body get surgically removed and replaced with robotic parts? Also, count me as one of the folks that wouldn't mind seeing this replace Roboticzation.

Spoilers wrote:On another note, anyone else think that Sonic being the embodiment of chaos is what allowed him to get past Dr. Finitevus' hex on the Master Emerald?
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Mustachio » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Sonic being the embodiment of chaos energy = The in-book canon version of what Sonic's plot armor is.

At least, that's what I think. :)
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Tonberry2k » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow, this issue sounds really good.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby ChurchGCF » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Spoilers wrote:On another note, anyone else think that Sonic being the embodiment of chaos is what allowed him to get past Dr. Finitevus' hex on the Master Emerald?

I think it has probably more to do with the Power Rings he's absorbed, since they seem to have given him special abilities like a better healing factor and such. Perhaps their pure energy, and Sonic's pure of heart or something like that was able to combat Fineitevus' spell.

Spoilers wrote:Although I always kind of thought that Tikal's prayer could be symbolism for both the Master Emerald and Sonic, considering his abilities to harness the Chaos Emeralds, and in the comic book the Master Emerald as well. Sorta like Tail's chosen one prophecy.
ChurchGCF
BumbleNewbie

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Whoohoo! This sounds EPIC on MASSIVE PROPORTIONS!

Aww...I had my own theory on how Sonic could elude Fini's hex. Ah well.
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Legionisation sounds pretty freaking scary. Hope they don't get to any named characters with it. Would be especially cruel if tRegina considers it for peeps like The Royals, Rotor, Uncle Chuck, Rosie, Hershey, Ash, Mina, or even the kids :shock:
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby FrogLenzen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:21 am

Does this mean that poor Bill Platypus had to go through this?? And that if anyone finds out he's a double agent that he's... exploded toast??
FrogLenzen
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:26 am

DEL Legionization. You know I'm right.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:13 am

The Illustrious Q wrote:DEL Legionization. You know I'm right.

You know I'M right.

More correctly.

Basically, your Borg DEL Legionization sounds too silent for me.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Ochan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:47 am

Axel T Rat wrote:Legionisation sounds pretty freaking scary. Hope they don't get to any named characters with it. Would be especially cruel if tRegina considers it for peeps like The Royals, Rotor, Uncle Chuck, Rosie, Hershey, Ash, Mina, or even the kids :shock:

You know, for a kiddie book the series finds gradually more disturbing ways to gain control and subdue the good guy characters. First Robotization, then the Egg Grapes, now this.

O-chan
Ochan
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 am

KKM wrote:

You know I'M right.

More correctly.

It may be a little more silent but it's probable a little more accurate. If I remember my Doctor Who lore from their last appearance, the cybermen are actually a human brain in a Robotic Body. The Borg actually remove and replace body parts to make the newly assimilated drone more efficient and superior to organics, with a strong emphasis on suppressing the drones free will. Basically this leaves the drone a prisoner in his own body with the only thing that they can do is watch and scream in horror in their own minds as their bodies keep on repeating this process over and over and over again.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:12 am

The Illustrious Q wrote:
KKM wrote:

You know I'M right.

More correctly.

It may be a little more silent but it's probable a little more accurate. If I remember my Doctor Who lore from their last appearance, the cybermen are actually a human brain in a Robotic Body. The Borg actually remove and replace body parts to make the newly assimilated drone more efficient and superior to organics, with a strong emphasis on suppressing the drones free will. Basically this leaves the drone a prisoner in his own body with the only thing that they can do is watch and scream in horror in their own minds as their bodies keep on repeating this process over and over and over again.

No, that is the new incarnation (the ones of the second link, as I couldn't find a "cybermanization" scene for the old ones. But the old Mondas Cybermen ARE people that went replacing pieces of their body with machinery, more and more and more. All you describe, the Cybermen did years earlier, AND we can assume they scream more during the process 8)
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby theJcfreak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:48 am

Whoa... freaky. What is this from? New Generation? Enterprise? Whatever it may come from, it gives a nice visual cue for what the comic assimilation.... legionization is like.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:15 am

Could someone scan the Eggman page, by the way?

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius