StH#210: Preview/Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:21 am

Ixis101 wrote:
Anywho, Nicole explains to the heroes that IQ and IK plan on holding a public "legionizing" of several Mobians. Geoff asks what it means and Amy explains. It's much grosser than anything I have heard of before. From what the implications are and from what we see later on, Mobians are forced to become cyborgs...not the "put them in a capsule and push a button to quickly roboticize them" - no, they strap them down onto an O.R. table and slice them up. We soon see a bunch of DEL members and Snively will all sorts of creepy sharp devices which we can assume are for said "procedure."

That sounds like Borg Assimilation to me. Glad I called it the moment I heard about it. Let's see that's one more Star Trek reference added into the book.
Last edited by Illustrious Q on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby ChurchGCF » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 am

Butler's art has always been a favorite, and I think it's great here. I've never been a huge fan of St. John, but the guy can make an entrance, plus the homage to Knothole was great nostalgic moment.

Still I wonder where Hershey's at, lately she's never been seen without Geoff.
ChurchGCF
BumbleNewbie

Postby General Tekno » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:43 am

Legionizing sounds interesting. Sounds like we have a replacement for roboticizing potentially!

Though man. This is crueler than the idea that I had for how to replace the roboticizer. Sweet. I can see Eggman taking the idea and running with it once he's out.

Though I kinda expect Lien-Da to doublecross Regina now when the plans start to fall apart.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Big Al Son » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:57 am

Spoilers:
Seems like our four heroes have returned from the East.

Beside Episo returning in the next issue, I wonder who are the two bystanders are? I first thought it was Big and Silver, but we should rule that out, with them returning after this saga. Possibly someone in New Mobotropolis. I'm hoping Fiona would be involved. Or maybe the Subsiditve Freedom Fighters!
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 am

General Tekno wrote:Though man. This is crueler than the idea that I had for how to replace the roboticizer. Sweet. I can see Eggman taking the idea and running with it once he's out.

He did though, he started the whole thing with the Echidnas.

Postby cdbrereton » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 am

Hearing the great man's return to sanity has just made my day, Welcome back Robotnik!! :D

Can't wait for Regina's reaction to both surprises next issue. :D
cdbrereton
BumbleKnight

Postby theJcfreak » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 am

Wow, this issue sounds epic. But... if the heroes are already back, then that means the Journey to the East arc takes place between #209-#210 I'm assuming?
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Big Al Son » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 am

Yes it does, in story order. This is what I've been saying the past month.

Here's the list of the whole Iron Dominion saga in story order:

Change in Management (STH 201)
Dangerous Territory (STH 202)
Heavy in the Head (STH 203-204)
On The Run (STH 205-206)
Blackout (STH 207)
Iron Dominion (STH 208-209)
Journey to the East (SU 13-16)
Home Invasion (210-211)
Roads We Take (212)

That's 16 ISSUES. Longest Sonic Saga yet. In par with DC's Batman Hush and Marvel's Dark Reign saga, year-long arcs.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Mustachio » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 am

You can throw Free Comic Book Day 2010 "Hide & Seek & DESTROY!" in that list. It seems to tie-in to the Iron Dominion saga and Ian said it fits inbetween "Home Invasion" and "Roads We Take". So if you count that, its 17 issues of Iron Dominion-related issues.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 am

ConstableMJM wrote:You can throw Free Comic Book Day 2010 "Hide & Seek & DESTROY!" in that list. It seems to tie-in to the Iron Dominion saga and Ian said it fits inbetween "Home Invasion" and "Roads We Take". So if you count that, its 17 issues of Iron Dominion-related issues.
When is Free Comic Book day? I always miss it.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby DLM X-13 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:56 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ConstableMJM wrote:You can throw Free Comic Book Day 2010 "Hide & Seek & DESTROY!" in that list. It seems to tie-in to the Iron Dominion saga and Ian said it fits inbetween "Home Invasion" and "Roads We Take". So if you count that, its 17 issues of Iron Dominion-related issues.

First Saturday in May.
DLM X-13
BumbleCitizen

Postby kryptyk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:09 pm

DLM X-13 wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

First Saturday in May.

How does that work exactly? I never know about it until after that fact and there aren't any comic stores where I go to college right now so I'm always behind until I get home.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Nice to see Niccy helped Bunnie and Antoine get away. The art seems different and its a good change of pace if that's the case.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 pm

kryptyk wrote:How does that work exactly? I never know about it until after that fact and there aren't any comic stores where I go to college right now so I'm always behind until I get home.

It depends on the store and their policies regarding the free comics but what it boils down to is that you can walk into any participating Comic Book Store and take at least one of the free comics that are available.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby General Tekno » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Toby Barrett wrote:
General Tekno wrote:Though man. This is crueler than the idea that I had for how to replace the roboticizer. Sweet. I can see Eggman taking the idea and running with it once he's out.

He did though, he started the whole thing with the Echidnas.

Except Eggman didn't do the mind control. He just used explosives.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius