SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby ChaosJam » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Dimitri the Echidna wrote:
Kureejii Lea wrote:Like Titan Tails. Hey everyone, remember Titan Tails? How much we love to acknowledge that that happened? Remember?

As much as we detest remembering it, it is part of the canon and we can't rule that out, however much we hate it.

Titan Tails? No no I would have remembered such a character. Sounds made up. Though, according to my financial records, that was the time I went to various trauma therapists for some reason. Hmm. Strange.

Anyway back on topic. I can't wait to see this issue. Finitevius fall down and go boom? And is still ready with a new plan?! Awesome! Also I'm kinda upset to see Thrash head out so early though I'm sure Ian introduced him for a reason. And an earlier Enerjak?! I just hope Ian doesn't drop all these hints to future stories and never gets around to them. It's his design so he should be the one to tell the stories.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Hello, my Knuckles the Enchinda.

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 pm

MarcusAmirKrim wrote: on topic, is this out in comic stores already? I'm confused as to when its actually out? :?

Some lucky subscribers (like ME!) got it today!

Personally, I think Knux was channeling Inigo Montoya.

...Anything you want.

Anything I want? I WANT MY FATHER BACK!

Princesses Bride reference for the WIN!

Am I the only one who cares for Off-Panel? The second one has me screaming KNUCKLES=KEN PENDERS!!!
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby Luger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Penguin God wrote:Actually, considering how the story is never really referenced before or after, and ends up changing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the canon, it could be explained away as just a weird dream Tails had.

A terrifying, horrible dream. And honestly, I doubt that any artist could have saved it.

What're you talking about? Ian referenced it in StH #169. It was part of Tails' role as the Chosen One so arguably it was mentioned before too. I'm sorry but it wasn't a bad dream. It happened, and the best we can do is not to look at the issues ever again.

I think the story could have been saved if not for the horrible design of Titan Tails, and had they played up more the consequences of the whole ordeal instead of it basically being undone by Titan Tails..*shutters* before he de-transformed.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Tigsie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am

Like Titan Tails. Hey everyone, remember Titan Tails?

SIZZLING SWATBOTS!~

SIZZLING SWATBOTS!~

SIZZLING SWATBOTS!~

No! NO! NOOOOOOOO! DX

*stabs out eyes from remembering.*
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby Milox » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:06 am

I don't have to unremember it! I didn't have a subscription between 143 and 160ish.

Judging by what people say about it, sometimes I consider myself the luckiest Sonic fan in the world...

Oh also, something about an amusing issue that gave more questions than answered but I couldn't be more pleased in the end. Something along those lines...
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby Amir » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 am

Kaosu Reido wrote:
MarcusAmirKrim wrote:honestly, I dont see what the problem is. Barby's age has never really been stated so I always was under the impression she was around tails' age, a little older but not by much

She's the same height as other "fully grown" characters, she's curvy like the other 18 year old fems, and she's clearly way more mature.

She's definitely not near Tails' age.

huh, I always thought she was 16 at the most :?
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby FairFieldFinder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 am

hayzer the tazer wrote:
Dimitri the Echidna wrote:Also Spectre, I'm totally in agreement that I hope Barby and Bill aren't in a relationship. Barby+Tails 4eva! :P

Yes, they're totally not dating ;) :

That's not dating.

Speculation wrote:If Bill comes from the same background as Barby and Vector, then he and Barby would probably be like brother and sister. She's just glad to have her brother back.

But I have to say I'm deeply opposed to TailsXBarby. Too many issues there.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby The KKM » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:45 am

MarcusAmirKrim wrote:
Kaosu Reido wrote:
MarcusAmirKrim wrote:honestly, I dont see what the problem is. Barby's age has never really been stated so I always was under the impression she was around tails' age, a little older but not by much

She's the same height as other "fully grown" characters, she's curvy like the other 18 year old fems, and she's clearly way more mature.

She's definitely not near Tails' age.

huh, I always thought she was 16 at the most :?

When Tails is around 8, it doesn't really matter if she's 16 or 18- it's creepy nonetheless.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Amir » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 am

KoiKamiMauro wrote:When Tails is around 8, it doesn't really matter if she's 16 or 18- it's creepy nonetheless.

Tails is 11-12 in the comic
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 am

Currently. At the start of the series, in his own mini-series which was where these characters were introduced, he was 8 years old.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Amir » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 am

The Illustrious Q wrote:Currently. At the start of the series, in his own mini-series which was where these characters were introduced, he was 8 years old.

really? I thought he at that apple that aged him first?
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 am

MarcusAmirKrim wrote:
KoiKamiMauro wrote:When Tails is around 8, it doesn't really matter if she's 16 or 18- it's creepy nonetheless.

Tails is 11-12 in the comic

Aaaaand even so I'd say, considering the changes in maturement both mental and in body from beginning to end of teenagehood, those 4 years from 12 to 16 are too much. If Tails were 22 and Barby 26, it would be acceptable; as it is, you'd never see a 16 year girl date a 12 year kid.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 am

MarcusAmirKrim wrote:
The Illustrious Q wrote:Currently. At the start of the series, in his own mini-series which was where these characters were introduced, he was 8 years old.

really? I thought he at that apple that aged him first?

I think you're confusing things just a bit. When the comic first started it was during the loose continuity days of the book, which is why the various ages and other plot threads can be written off, moved around, and downplayed a bit. By the time Endgame rolled around the continuity had been firmly established, actual dates were put in place and over 10 years had passed since the Day Robotnik took over Mobius, which also happens to be Tails birthday.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Big Al Son » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:24 am

The Tails X Barby does seem creepy, due to him being 11 and Barby as a young adult. I did like the TailsXCosmo relationship in Sonic X series both being the same age, it worked.

Tails is a little young to start a relationship, but having said that, Charmy is younger then him and has a girlfriend. So you never know.

Still love to see Downunda Freedom Fighters return and Dr Fin as well.

In the next Knuckles saga, hope they bring back the entire group, inculding Episo, Charmy and Suffon.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:53 am

Big Al Son wrote:Tails is a little young to start a relationship, but having said that, Charmy is younger then him and has a girlfriend. So you never know.

Charmy is in his late teens and has a fiancée. His age in the comic was based on the English version of the Chaotix manual, in which he was stated as sixteen.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius