SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ashram » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Either Ian got called on an upcoming plot point or someone forgot to put a fan idea in spoilers.
User avatar
Ashram
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Woodland, California

Postby Yume » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:29 pm

I don't hate Bill being in the Eggman suit, just the color. It would have worked better if it was a darker blue. The purple with his teal just looks... icky.
I'm also glad Bill isn't a traitor. :) I had a feeling he wasn't, but I suppose I would have been okay if he was actually evil. :P
User avatar
Yume
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Bean's magical shiny world

Postby Mustachio » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I knew people were overreacting about Bill. Guys, lets get every part of the story to make sure of something first before we judge so critically. It helps sometimes. :P

I just look forward to the spectacular battle between Knuckles and Finitevus. I wonder if Finitevus will have to scrap with Julie-Su and Ray before Knuckles when he arrives at Shrine Isle.
User avatar
Mustachio
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3972
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Postby sonicblaster59 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:44 pm

I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?
User avatar
sonicblaster59
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:19 pm
Location: Hicksville, KY

Postby TutiFrutti112 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

EDIT: It looks like Ray and Julie-Su are safe for now, since Dr. Finitevus told the legionnaires to search the crater and made no mention of Angel Island.
Last edited by TutiFrutti112 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
TutiFrutti112
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 am
Location: Nonayur, Bisnis

Postby Big Al Son » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Enjoyed the whole saga so far (just waiting for this issue) and the Downunda Freedom Fighters have made an exciting and great. I would like to see them return in the future. Possibly reunite with Tails.

Can't wait for the SHOWDOWN.

I wonder if Ian is going to make the Downunda Freedom Fighters semi-regulars like Khan, gives them a chance to develop their characters more.
User avatar
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 am
Location: UK

Postby Jetstreamx » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 pm

sonicblaster59 wrote:I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?


That's what I've been wondering myself. Then again, maybe the point of having bombs on a platypus is rendered moot when all you need to do is mind control them. Then again, what if they have BOTH?!
User avatar
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Location: Mississippi

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Jetstreamx wrote:
sonicblaster59 wrote:I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?


That's what I've been wondering myself. Then again, maybe the point of having bombs on a platypus is rendered moot when all you need to do is mind control them. Then again, what if they have BOTH?!


The only one ever under mind control was Bill, though. The rest are just apparently nuts.
User avatar
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Caesar Clown » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 pm

they look like a pack of angry clothing deprived donald ducks.
User avatar
Caesar Clown
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2666
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Punk Hazard

Postby Jetstreamx » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Jetstreamx wrote:
sonicblaster59 wrote:I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?


That's what I've been wondering myself. Then again, maybe the point of having bombs on a platypus is rendered moot when all you need to do is mind control them. Then again, what if they have BOTH?!


The only one ever under mind control was Bill, though. The rest are just apparently nuts.


If it works on one, it can work on more ;)
User avatar
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:38 pm
Location: Mississippi

Postby Milox » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:02 pm

ConstableMJM wrote:I knew people were overreacting about Bill. Guys, lets get every part of the story to make sure of something first before we judge so critically. It helps sometimes. :P

I just look forward to the spectacular battle between Knuckles and Finitevus. I wonder if Finitevus will have to scrap with Julie-Su and Ray before Knuckles when he arrives at Shrine Isle.


Or we could always have Super Ray show up again.

Also, with all this talk about Vector and the DFF I would hope and imagine there would be some development. The powers that be havent been too much for leaving loose threads...
User avatar
Milox
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 pm
Location: Heck

Postby Sockie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Nack wrote:they look like a pack of angry clothing deprived donald ducks.


Is it weird that I've imagined Bill as sounding like Donald Duck? XD
Sockie
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Postby Milox » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 pm

G-Mel wrote:
Nack wrote:they look like a pack of angry clothing deprived donald ducks.


Is it weird that I've imagined Bill as sounding like Donald Duck? XD


Hey ive imagined him as Gilbert Gottfried. So don't feel too bad.

On another note I actually like the suit.
User avatar
Milox
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:53 pm
Location: Heck

Postby MegaHayzer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:34 pm

I just got the issue(s) today (#208 and SU #12)

Hmmm...It seems Barby is dating Bill. Interesting turn of events.

And apparently Thrash has uber-sonic boom powers. It reminds me of Golbat's screech move in pokemon. And Boomer's well, boom-arm cannons.

Mighty also has enough strength to fling Knuckles from the Crater all the way up to Shrine Isle. A nice testament of his strength.

Finitevus apologizes for using Knuckles, cand alls him and Dimitri one of the Enerjaks, saying "there has always been an Enerjak throughout the ages", meaning Dimitri wasn't the first one.

He also offers to teach Knuckles everything about his history, including everything the Brotherhood "could not, and would not" show Knuckles. He even offers Knuckles anything he wants.

Knuckles simply responds (in big dark bold uber-awesome letters), "I WANT MY FATHER BACK! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FACE MY MOTHER AGAIN! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FACE MY PEOPLE AGAIN! AND I WANT YOU OFF MY ISLAND

*cue big fight scene*

Julie-Su fires at Finitevus when he's about to kill Knuckles (tries to close a warp-ring halfway through). And then Knuckles chucks Finitevus's body off the island. :D

And now for probably my favorite scene in the entire issue:

Barby: You...diid good work, Vec. Thanks

Vector: Yeah, sure. You too.

Barby: Dad would be proud. (I was like O.o)

Vector: Meh. Never could please the old man.

Thrash resumes his old quest. I'm guessing he's been hunting echidnas. Knuckles told him how half of his people work for the Iron Dominion, and how the other half were hidden away for their safety. Thrash simply responds (with a smile): 'Course! Sure would be a terrible thing for the last of yer kind to get wiped out.

A moment between Knuckles and Julie-Su on Angel Island, and then Finitevus in the Crater. He has a cast, and monologues about Knuckles' simple thinking. And he has many more plans.

Overall, a VERY good issue. I enjoyed it very much. Nice job, and keep up the good work, Ian!
User avatar
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 4433
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Cedarville, OH

Postby TutiFrutti112 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I just read the spoilers and this already sounds epic. Another Enerjak, and "Dad would be proud"? Looks like we're setting up for big things. Need the issue. Now.
User avatar
TutiFrutti112
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 am
Location: Nonayur, Bisnis

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron