SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ashram » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Either Ian got called on an upcoming plot point or someone forgot to put a fan idea in spoilers.
Ashram
BumbleKnight

Postby Yume » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:29 pm

I don't hate Bill being in the Eggman suit, just the color. It would have worked better if it was a darker blue. The purple with his teal just looks... icky.
I'm also glad Bill isn't a traitor. :) I had a feeling he wasn't, but I suppose I would have been okay if he was actually evil. :P
Yume
BumbleFan

Postby Mustachio » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I knew people were overreacting about Bill. Guys, lets get every part of the story to make sure of something first before we judge so critically. It helps sometimes. :P

I just look forward to the spectacular battle between Knuckles and Finitevus. I wonder if Finitevus will have to scrap with Julie-Su and Ray before Knuckles when he arrives at Shrine Isle.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby sonicblaster59 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:44 pm

I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?
sonicblaster59
BumbleKnight

Postby TutiFrutti112 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

EDIT: It looks like Ray and Julie-Su are safe for now, since Dr. Finitevus told the legionnaires to search the crater and made no mention of Angel Island.
Last edited by TutiFrutti112 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TutiFrutti112
BumbleNoble

Postby Big Al Son » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Enjoyed the whole saga so far (just waiting for this issue) and the Downunda Freedom Fighters have made an exciting and great. I would like to see them return in the future. Possibly reunite with Tails.

Can't wait for the SHOWDOWN.

I wonder if Ian is going to make the Downunda Freedom Fighters semi-regulars like Khan, gives them a chance to develop their characters more.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Jetstreamx » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 pm

sonicblaster59 wrote:I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?

That's what I've been wondering myself. Then again, maybe the point of having bombs on a platypus is rendered moot when all you need to do is mind control them. Then again, what if they have BOTH?!
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Jetstreamx wrote:
sonicblaster59 wrote:I guess it is safe to assume that since the Downunda DEL got cybernetics, they TOO have bombs in them?

That's what I've been wondering myself. Then again, maybe the point of having bombs on a platypus is rendered moot when all you need to do is mind control them. Then again, what if they have BOTH?!

The only one ever under mind control was Bill, though. The rest are just apparently nuts.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Caesar Clown » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:07 pm

they look like a pack of angry clothing deprived donald ducks.
Caesar Clown
BumbleClan

Postby Jetstreamx » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Jetstreamx wrote:

The only one ever under mind control was Bill, though. The rest are just apparently nuts.

If it works on one, it can work on more ;)
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight

Postby Milox » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:02 pm

ConstableMJM wrote:I knew people were overreacting about Bill. Guys, lets get every part of the story to make sure of something first before we judge so critically. It helps sometimes. :P

I just look forward to the spectacular battle between Knuckles and Finitevus. I wonder if Finitevus will have to scrap with Julie-Su and Ray before Knuckles when he arrives at Shrine Isle.

Or we could always have Super Ray show up again.

Also, with all this talk about Vector and the DFF I would hope and imagine there would be some development. The powers that be havent been too much for leaving loose threads...
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby Sockie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Nack wrote:they look like a pack of angry clothing deprived donald ducks.

Is it weird that I've imagined Bill as sounding like Donald Duck? XD
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Milox » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 pm

G-Mel wrote:
Nack wrote:they look like a pack of angry clothing deprived donald ducks.

Is it weird that I've imagined Bill as sounding like Donald Duck? XD

Hey ive imagined him as Gilbert Gottfried. So don't feel too bad.

On another note I actually like the suit.
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby MegaHayzer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:34 pm

I just got the issue(s) today (#208 and SU #12)

Hmmm...It seems Barby is dating Bill. Interesting turn of events.

And apparently Thrash has uber-sonic boom powers. It reminds me of Golbat's screech move in pokemon. And Boomer's well, boom-arm cannons.

Mighty also has enough strength to fling Knuckles from the Crater all the way up to Shrine Isle. A nice testament of his strength.

Finitevus apologizes for using Knuckles, cand alls him and Dimitri one of the Enerjaks, saying "there has always been an Enerjak throughout the ages", meaning Dimitri wasn't the first one.

He also offers to teach Knuckles everything about his history, including everything the Brotherhood "could not, and would not" show Knuckles. He even offers Knuckles anything he wants.

Knuckles simply responds (in big dark bold uber-awesome letters), "I WANT MY FATHER BACK! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FACE MY MOTHER AGAIN! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FACE MY PEOPLE AGAIN! AND I WANT YOU OFF MY ISLAND

*cue big fight scene*

Julie-Su fires at Finitevus when he's about to kill Knuckles (tries to close a warp-ring halfway through). And then Knuckles chucks Finitevus's body off the island. :D

And now for probably my favorite scene in the entire issue:

Barby: You...diid good work, Vec. Thanks

Vector: Yeah, sure. You too.

Barby: Dad would be proud. (I was like O.o)

Vector: Meh. Never could please the old man.

Thrash resumes his old quest. I'm guessing he's been hunting echidnas. Knuckles told him how half of his people work for the Iron Dominion, and how the other half were hidden away for their safety. Thrash simply responds (with a smile): 'Course! Sure would be a terrible thing for the last of yer kind to get wiped out.

A moment between Knuckles and Julie-Su on Angel Island, and then Finitevus in the Crater. He has a cast, and monologues about Knuckles' simple thinking. And he has many more plans.

Overall, a VERY good issue. I enjoyed it very much. Nice job, and keep up the good work, Ian!
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby TutiFrutti112 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I just read the spoilers and this already sounds epic. Another Enerjak, and "Dad would be proud"? Looks like we're setting up for big things. Need the issue. Now.
TutiFrutti112
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius