SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Luger » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 pm

hayzer the tazer wrote:My only beef is that the Brotherhood plotline hasn't been dealt with yet (unless you count Finitevus stranding them half-dead in the Twilight Cage "dealt with").

I'd like to see that resolved in some way. Mostly beacuse I don't want the Brotherhood dead...

I had a feeling it wouldn't even be touched on in this arc despite my hopes. It probably won't even be touched on in 2010, but I'm sure Ian will 'resolve' it at some point in time. I'm pretty much bracing myself for their next mention/appearance to solidify them all as being dead, since that tends to happen to characters Ian can't find a role for or are perceived to take away the spotlight from the main Sega-Sonic cast of characters.

Moving on (we really don't want to drag the echidna topic up again) I actually didn't see Bill being a good guy this whole time. It's a much welcomed plot twist since I found it hard to believe, without coersion, Bill would betray his former team mates. I wonder if he was also subjected to getting 'upgrades' or not since by the looks of it he doesn't have any cybernetics, just the spiffy purple eggman vest. Like everyone else, I'm curious about Vector's link to Downunda and some of the DFF's, and I look forward to seeing that get explored in the future. Maybe we'll see how Vector built his gyro-copter finally. :P

Can't wait to get this issue, I'm really looking forward to it. I think a supreme irony here is Dr. Finitevus is close to achieving what Edmund and Dimitri wanted: returning the Floating Island to the Great Crater. Obviously it won't succeed, but I thought that was interesting.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Dimitri the Echidna wrote: I wonder if he was also subjected to getting 'upgrades' or not since by the looks of it he doesn't have any cybernetics, just the spiffy purple eggman vest.

The way he's looking at his hands in that one panel makes me wonder if he's dismayed at changes to his body as well as what he's done. I mean, we're to believe that all DL echidnas have cybernetics throughout, and all we really see on Lien-Da is that one dreadlock, so it's not unreasonable to assume that a lot of it is internal (like Monkey Khan).
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Jetstreamx » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:I must be the only one who likes the purple Eggman suit, though. At any rate he no longer looks like a misshapen football with a beak stuck on it.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing other characters wear it. The fact that Tracey's been able to slightly tweak it in a different way every time fascinates me.
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight

Postby Luger » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Dimitri the Echidna wrote: I wonder if he was also subjected to getting 'upgrades' or not since by the looks of it he doesn't have any cybernetics, just the spiffy purple eggman vest.

The way he's looking at his hands in that one panel makes me wonder if he's dismayed at changes to his body as well as what he's done. I mean, we're to believe that all DL echidnas have cybernetics throughout, and all we really see on Lien-Da is that one dreadlock, so it's not unreasonable to assume that a lot of it is internal (like Monkey Khan).

Yeah I was looking carefully at that panel where Bill is looking at his hand sort of in almost disgust, but it doesn't look cybernetic at all. You're probably right in that they could also have internal cybernetics.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby FrogLenzen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:I must be the only one who likes the purple Eggman suit, though. At any rate he no longer looks like a misshapen football with a beak stuck on it.

THANK GOODNESS. Bill's design has to be one of the most inconsistent (and ugly) designs in the book. Now he looks like he's supposed to be there. Whew.

Anyway, I think it would have been funny if the DFFs knew that Bill was on their side all along. If anything, it would have been funny to see Knuckles's reaction to that.
FrogLenzen
BumbleKnight

Postby MegaHayzer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

FrogLenzen wrote:

THANK GOODNESS. Bill's design has to be one of the most inconsistent (and ugly) designs in the book. Now he looks like he's supposed to be there. Whew.

Anyway, I think it would have been funny if the DFFs knew that Bill was on their side all along. If anything, it would have been funny to see Knuckles's reaction to that.

But...that would be redundant.

Walt specifically told Knuckles Bill turned against them.
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Bill may look cooler now, but as soon as he gets a chance to ditch that costume, he probably will.
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby Damasca Ramza » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:

The EDEL can be solved the same way as the Dark Legion, Chaos Demigod removes their cybernetics and then Knuckles (If Enerjak again) gets to mope for another ten to fifteen issues.

Just to make sure you know, it's not a serious post.
Damasca Ramza
BumbleKnight

Postby KChan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Poor Bill, I feel bad for him.
KChan
BumbleKnight

Location: Somewhere in New Mobotropolis, but I'm not telling where, it's secret!

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, that was something I never saw coming. Well, maybe the next Grandmaster will be someone more impressive. As for Vector, it certainly looks like he and at least some of the Downunda Freedom Fighters know each other. I'm hoping Barby's anger with Bill comes from having known each other a long time ago, not from any sort of romantic connection.

EDIT: I'm also annoyed that the Brotherhood issue hasn't been addressed in this story as of yet.
Last edited by Spectre the Hechidnat on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Nel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Well, that was something I never saw coming. Well, maybe the next Grandmaster will be someone more impressive.

They'll hopefully have a more menacing name, I hope.

"All fear Grandmaster Dudley!"
Nel
BumbleKnight

Postby theJcfreak » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:02 am

NelStone wrote:
Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Well, that was something I never saw coming. Well, maybe the next Grandmaster will be someone more impressive.

They'll hopefully have a more menacing name, I hope.

"All fear Grandmaster Dudley!"

Grandmaster Dudley? I guess he doesn't 'do right' if he's evil. NYUK NYUK.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby General Tekno » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 pm

You know... I kinda wonder if the issue will end with Bill having to keep up the ruse. For everyone's good.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby TutiFrutti112 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Possible Fan Idea wrote:I think Bill and Barby were some of the orphans Vector ran around with in Downunda. My guess they were supposed to leave together but something went wrong and Vector left them behind.

EDIT:Sorry for not hiding this before. I considered it, but I figured since Ian Flynn has decided on Vector's past and it wouldn't be changed, it would be okay. I guess I'll play it safe rather than sorry.
Last edited by TutiFrutti112 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TutiFrutti112
BumbleNoble

Postby FairFieldFinder » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

EDIT: Looking forward to reading the issue! Hope it's got more plot-twists and turns.
Last edited by FairFieldFinder on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius