SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Tigsie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 am

Can't we just let Tails be a kid?! Sure its cute an innocent when your 10-12 and have a crush on someone. But SERIOUSLY dating?! T__T

The only thing I can think of that worked like that was Aang and Katara from Last Airbender. XD
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby kryptyk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:43 am

Tigsie wrote:Can't we just let Tails be a kid?! Sure its cute an innocent when your 10-12 and have a crush on someone. But SERIOUSLY dating?! T__T

The only thing I can think of that worked like that was Aang and Katara from Last Airbender. XD

Yeah, but wasn't Aang 12 & Katara 14? I can't remember as I haven't seen the show since it ended on Nickelodeon.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Can we please have a discussion about the comic's contents instead of getting into yet another relationship debate? :cry:
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Echoes of the Past is right. I started reading this arc eager to find answers to the mysterious ruins and other relics of echidna history, and the only thing I got was more questions.

Questions that I eagerly await Ian to address in the future!
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby TheRock1525 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm

IanPotto wrote:Can we please have a discussion about the comic's contents instead of getting into yet another relationship debate? :cry:

Sad, isn't it? A comic about talking animals and it routinely degenerates into a discussion about who should be with who romantically?

Just curious, how much relationship talk was there in the Sonic games? Has there ever been a romance in Sonic games outside of Amy chasing Sonic and maybe a weird Elise thing? Yet the comic debates seem to be all about SonicXSally or SallyXKhan when these are very minor elements to the actual story.

I mean, we should be focusing on Knuckles whoopin' some #@* not whether or not a 12 year fox is dating an 16-18 year old Koala.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby WinkingSamurai » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 pm

My take:

The big surprise of the issue, that Bill wasn't really a traitor (le gasp!) was revealed in the first four pages, and the rest of the issue was pretty much a by-the-numbers affair. That said, I have to admit that the Knuckles/Doc Fin fight was pretty awesome. Up until now Finitevus has always been on the butt end of a butt kicking, so it was nice to see him not only fight back, but give Knuckles a run for his money.

I really liked that during the fight Ian played up the duality of the two characters. Knuckles and Finitevus are opposite yet equal entities, two sides of the same coin. The idea was actually first introduced back in StH 182, but it really hasn't been shown or expanded on since then.

I wish we'd gotten more than just teasing with this arc, and I still find the idea of a Platypus Dark Legion moronic, but overall it was a fun romp. With each appearance I find myself liking Finitevus more and more. It was also nice to see the Downunda Freedom Fighters again, though the jury's still out on Thrash.

I loved seeing Knuckles in a solo story again, and Journey to the East is looking great. I look forward to next month and the start of a new adventure.
WinkingSamurai
BumbleNoble

Postby SamSal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm

I am going to ENJOY reading this. :D

And i wanna know why none of the DFFs like Vector!! :evil: youre supposed to like him!! that's why hes a croco-- Oh, wait. Crocodile=bad juju in cartoon language. :P
SamSal
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Samurai Sally wrote:And i wanna know why none of the DFFs like Vector!! :evil: youre supposed to like him!! that's why hes a croco-- Oh, wait. Crocodile=bad juju in cartoon language. :P

All aboard for Troperville!
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Tonberry2k » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm willing to guess that after the Knothole FFs/Chaotix, the DFFs probably have the biggest fanbase.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby Tigsie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm willing to guess that after the Knothole FFs/Chaotix, the DFFs probably have the biggest fanbase.

You forgot about the Wolf Pack. That's a tough choice. ;)
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Regarding the revelation that there may have been Enerjaks before Dimitri......I TOTALLY CALLED IT! I mean way back in Knux's first mini-series Archimedes seemed familiar with the name before Dimitri gave himself the title and he seemed to hint at knowing stuff before Knux "inherited" the role. I'm starting to suspect its something similar to Parralax from the Green Lantern comics in being some otherworldly force that possesses the host and gives them "phenomenal cosmic powers". Plus there's the fact that Dimitri seemed to mellow out after Mogul sapped his powers and had less of a god complex. As for the rest of the history Knux doesn't know about, I still suspect Nocturnus is involved somehow. Something to ponder about along with whatever Vec's deal with the DFF is and where's Thrash going off to now.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Aurora_Redwinters » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Doctor Finitevus should get his own arc in Sonic Universe where all he does in all 4 issues is random creepy things.
Aurora_Redwinters
BumbleNoble

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:30 pm

He could ring on Knuckles' doorbell!

AND THEN RUN AWAY!~

Postby Tigsie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

He could ring on Knuckles' doorbell!

AND THEN RUN AWAY!~

He has to put some poop in a bag and light it on fire first. >:3

Villains = More Interesting. ;)
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby General Tekno » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:39 pm

No. First he had to reach through his Warp Ring to grab coffee and grab a stool sample instead.

Loved those off-panels. And Finitevus' teasing of background.
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius