SU#12: Preview and Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:23 am

Knew Bill wasn't a traitor
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby shigamado » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 am

That was quick. So far, this story is kinda ho-hum.
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby Jetstreamx » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 am

Certainly looks more interesting than 11. I might actually look forward to this one. Yardley's layouts in this also seem vastly superior compared to the other 3 as well.
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight

Postby Tonberry2k » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 am

Cool. I'm glad Bill wasn't a traitor.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:38 am

Hmm. That's an interesting story for Bill, and I like that the other non-hypnotized platypi's involvement in Crocbot's plan is addressed (they're just apparently not a very good people.) Also explaining why he's been leading so poorly. But WHAT NOW? The preview actually doesn't give any indication of the plot in this case.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Big Al Son » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am

Wondered if Bill wasn't traitor, now we know that he's been leading the DEL poorly (hinted in last issue) on propose, so that he wouldn't bring his old comrades to harm. Wonder what it meant last minute revelation on the previews.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Ochan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:30 am

Well I'm going to hold out any judgments until the issue is released but at least we got some expansion on Bill's situation. So once again thanks to Ian's godly writing we have had an obscure character turned into something much more interesting. But seriously, all hints being dropped in this arc alone WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED BETWEEN VECTOR AND THE DFF?!

O-chan
Ochan
BumbleCitizen

Postby Jetstreamx » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 am

You know, a sudden thought. IF the Dark Egg Legion ever goes back to being just the Dark Legion again, I kinda get the feeling that Echidna narcissism is going to lead to some crazy copyright battles.
Jetstreamx
BumbleKnight

Postby Damasca Ramza » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 am

I had a feeling he was faking it, it just seemed too obvious since it's a scenario Ian's used once or twice already.
Damasca Ramza
BumbleKnight

Postby bsonic10 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:51 am

Huh, I like this angle for Bill that Ian's using. Even though the opposite could have worked too, I think this might be a little better for him. It's reminiscent of Dimitri trying to bring down the EE during his leadership of the EDEL.

Also, I find it interesting to note that Fini and the PDEL are aware of the shift in power within the EE, I wouldn't be surprised if Regina tried to broadcast that as much as she could.

And of course the further hints at Vector being connected with certain members of the DFFs (so far Barby and Bill) is an interesting sub-plot too. I'm guessing we won't learn much on it this time, but it should be something to look forward to when Downunda is revisited.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby larasu fanatic » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 am

i really want to know whats the deal between vector and downunda ffs.

hey do you think another reason bill couldn't tell them is because eggman might have put bombs in the cybernectis like with the original dark legion.

cant wait to read this issue, maybe the revelation is that knuckles will find out where the brotherhood is or that locke may not be really dead :?
larasu fanatic
BumbleNewbie

Postby theJcfreak » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 am

Well, this certainly looks interesting. I guess Bill isn't a traitor... unless he's actually double-crossing them here... :twisted:

I really like the art style here. Finitevus looks really good... or should I say bad? His expression on the last panel of page two is pretty neat. And it seems Bill doesn't much care for Vector... like Barby. Can't wait to see what that's all about, though I'm not sure if we'll see why in this issue. I'm thinking another time down the road when we revisit Downunda.

Can't wait for the issue!
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby cdbrereton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am

Another great start to what is, i'm hoping, a great issue. Like, jc, i'm thinking the mystery surrounding Vector and the DFF will be resolved in a later story arc.
cdbrereton
BumbleKnight

Postby SamSal » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 am

hmmm... Well, I'm glad that he wasn't traitor... 'sides, that uniform didn't look good on him anyways 8)

But... what i REALLY want to know is...

What happened between Vector and the DFFs?!?!
SamSal
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed21 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 am

it's true, this preview may shine more light on bill, but what's going to happen in this conclusion? there's a lot left to cover. hope it doesn't leave more holes and questions than before. and yea, what did vector do to make the DFF despise him so?
Last edited by RadRed21 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadRed21
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius