Sonic the Hedgehog #205 Preview/Discussion/Spoilers/Cookies

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Milox » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:07 am

Shadowfan wrote:After reading the preview more times times then I should, I noticed that Eggman seems to be in the mindset of the original Robotnik.
He's made references to his brother Colin, Crabmeat, Kodos, and the Ultimate Annihilator.

It should be interesting to see how he'll react to the Freedom Fighters in his current mindset.

I have three plausible explanations for this
1.) This Robotnik DID encounter all of those people/events in his previous universe
2.) Upon taking the guise of Robotnik in this universe and immediately going on several downloading sprees (75-77), or even from space, Robo-Robotnik downloaded information regarding Robotnik Prime's past. (Colin, Development of the UA, Crabmeats cookie filching tendencies) When he became human, these simply became memories.
3.) Somebody has some 'splaining to do!
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 am

Shadowfan wrote:After reading the preview more times times then I should, I noticed that Eggman seems to be in the mindset of the original Robotnik.
He's made references to his brother Colin, Crabmeat, Kodos, and the Ultimate Annihilator.

It should be interesting to see how he'll react to the Freedom Fighters in his current mindset.

:!:

So this is the reason why Eggie's throwing random things at Sonic! HE'S NOW THE ORGINAL ROBOTNIK IN HIS OWN RIGHT!

...that'll please some fans.
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 am

Miloxmio wrote:

1.) This Robotnik DID encounter all of those people/events in his previous universe
2.) Upon taking the guise of Robotnik in this universe and immediately going on several downloading sprees (75-77), or even from space, Robo-Robotnik downloaded information regarding Robotnik Prime's past. (Colin, Development of the UA, Crabmeats cookie filching tendencies) When he became human, these simply became memories.

I'm rather sure that it's been stated in both the data-file and the issue itself that this Robotnik's life was largely identical to that of the original up until a certain point. The whole "story of Robotnik's life" thing he did in the seventies certainly seems to indicate he knows a good deal.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby kryptyk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:24 am

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Miloxmio wrote:

I'm rather sure that it's been stated in both the data-file and the issue itself that this Robotnik's life was largely identical to that of the original up until a certain point. The whole "story of Robotnik's life" thing he did in the seventies certainly seems to indicate he knows a good deal.

Remember that Zonic himself let RoboRobotnik into the Prime Universe because as he said this was closest match to Robotnik Prime up to a certain point in his life and was best suited for Mobius Prime's stability. Essentially the two of them are the same man. Go back to #197 if you need a refresher.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:46 am

Personally, I have a theory that the current Robotnik IS Robotnik Prime. It's a bit long and somewhat complex, so if anyone's interested I'll post it.

Of course, word of God says it's a second Robo-Robotnik, so I'll leave my theory as just fanfic conjecture.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby Excelhedge » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:16 pm

go ahead and post it I say I love hearing different theries On this subject.
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby megabeatman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Going back on topic, how long do you think until Sonic trashes the egg tortoise walker? 5 sec? 10 sec?
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 pm

If it's anything like the Sonic Heroes Egg Tortoises, he won't be able to do much of anything without Tails' help. Or wait, that tornado was a speed move, wasn't it? I guess it will only take a couple of seconds.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Axel T Rat » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Again, we been comparing Eggman to the Sega version so much that we all forgot he's technically one and the same as the original Botnik. He has the same memories and everything, but the big difference of his zone is that he "won" against Sonic. The fact that they got the same eye color only helped remind me of that.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Excelhedge wrote:go ahead and post it I say I love hearing different theries On this subject.

Edit: Theory was taken down, will re-post in the fan-created area.
Last edited by TheRock1525 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Not to get off subject again, but about Yardley's Robotnik Prime:

He has drawn him at least once. For the cover of free comic book day 2009.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby bsonic10 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Penguin God wrote:If it's anything like the Sonic Heroes Egg Tortoises, he won't be able to do much of anything without Tails' help. Or wait, that tornado was a speed move, wasn't it? I guess it will only take a couple of seconds.

Really, it doesn't help that Eggman's less sane than normal. If anything, he might keep it to help against the ID forces, but I have a feeling Sonic, Tails and whoever else joins in will make quick work of Eggy's Egg Tortoise Walker.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Well, things are certainly getting interesting. I'll admit, it's about time the Iron King got some action again: this guy's the biggest gun in the Iron Dominion's arsenal, but he's only fought Sonic once in the five issues since his comeback. It's good to hear that we're going to be seeing more of Conquering Storm soon: she definitely intrigues me. I would like to learn more about her, and maybe a little more backstory on Lightning Lynx.

Sorry to hear that Lien-Da's apparently a murderer-or at the very least, she gave the order's for Mari-Su's murder. That makes redemption kind of messy. The changing of the Twilight Zone's name to the Twilight Cage is a nice reference to Sonic Chronicles, though I hope it's a sign that the Dark Brotherhood will be entering the comics' Rogues Gallery.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Sorry to hear that Lien-Da's apparently a murderer-or at the very least, she gave the order's for Mari-Su's murder. That makes redemption kind of messy.

She's repeatedly ordered murder and other acts of (almost pointless) violence in the past without a second thought. She talked about killing Julie-Su all the time, even when young. She's sent assassins and coordinated snipers with the intention of taking care of anyone she felt she needed out of her way (even if it meant essentially backstabbing Dimitri). It was already heavily, heavily implied that she and Kragok were involved in the death of Mari-Su. This shouldn't be much of a revelation in terms of her values when it comes to the lives of other people.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Kaosu Reido » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:05 pm

You know in like a week people'll be forgetting about it and writing fanfics where she's all weepy and sympathetic again, though.
Kaosu Reido
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius