Sonic the Hedgehog #205 Preview/Discussion/Spoilers/Cookies

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Tonberry2k » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Don't turn around, uh-oh. Der Kommisar's in town, uh-oh.

I blame Ian for that.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby AltheaTheEchidna » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 am

IanPotto wrote:
AltheaTheEchidna wrote:
Lien-da wrote:"... I was Kommissar under Grandmaster Luger..."

She was Kommissar back then, too? Would Kragok be a kommissar, also?
That's what I wanna know.

Yeah, he would've been kommissar back then too.

WHOO!
... hee hee....
That means Lien-da has been Kommissar for... about 15 years? Whoa. I totally see why she wants to be grandmaster now.. not that I didn't before...
AltheaTheEchidna
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tonberry2k » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 am

Wow, that is a long time. I'd be disgruntled by now too. Especially with a boss who will never die so you can't move up.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby AltheaTheEchidna » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 am

Tonberry2k wrote:Wow, that is a long time. I'd be disgruntled by now too. Especially with a boss who will never die so you can't move up.

She could just smash him.
AltheaTheEchidna
BumbleCitizen

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:05 am

The Illustrious Q wrote:Quick someone inform the United Federation. Doctor Eggman is now working for the highest bidder.

Commander Tower: We can offer you any amount of money for you to work for us.
Eggman: ...Must. Get. Hedgehog.
Tower: OK, what if we paint Shadow blue and let you rough him up a bit?
Eggman: DONE!
Shadow: Hey!
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby Luger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:24 am

IanPotto wrote:
AltheaTheEchidna wrote:
Lien-da wrote:"... I was Kommissar under Grandmaster Luger..."

She was Kommissar back then, too? Would Kragok be a kommissar, also?
That's what I wanna know.

Yeah, he would've been kommissar back then too.

I presume the rank of Kommissar within the Dark Legion denotes the rank just under Grandmaster then? So not quite the leader of the Legion, but still a high authority figure. Also, since Moritori Rex was still around but operating as a secret agent in Haven, would he have still held some sort of high rank within the Dark Legion? Obviously his son Luger succeeded him as Grandmaster, but would Moritori Rex after this had the rank of Kommissar too or something?

I'm glad you mention how Kragok and Lien-Da considered Moritori Rex more of their father than their own biological one. This explains why Kragok said he was their father back in KtE #18 without it being retconned with the introduction of Luger.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Orion101 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:26 am

Commander Tower: Sorry were really not interested.
Eggman: Why (hate that hedgehog)not?
Commander Tower: We already have your neice working for us doing the same thing and she's more trustworthy.
Young Intern: Not to mention easier on the eyes.
Rouge: And no drooling or babbling.
Shadow: Plus its so much easier to stalk her now that we live in the same building.
Eggman: Well I can't compete with that.
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby bsonic10 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 am

Shadowfan wrote:
Penguin God wrote:He could always build a new one, or be used by the opposing armies in his vulnerable state. They need him to build an army for THEM.
Have you seen Eggman lately?
He is in no shape to build anything.

But he still has an inkling of how to operate things around the Egg Dome and he presumably knew something about all his sub-bosses. If the Mobians took him in and actually took care of him, that might also speed up his recovery a bit. Not only could he build some robots, but he'd also know a fair amount about them and the Egg Dome, and I'd assume he'd be willing to make a truce to get his empire back. The ID could be in for some serious trouble if they just let him prance around wherever he wanted. It doesn't matter if he's defenseless by himself (even though that doesn't appear to be 100% accurate), if people actually helped him he could become a serious threat to the ID. If they really couldn't care less about him, none of them would have been flipping out about him escaping.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:45 am

That's true, though lets not forget that Snively is a spineless coward and view his reaction to his uncle escaping from his cell in that light.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Vampfox » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 am

Delete
Last edited by Vampfox on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby dragoonanime » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 am

I wonder where dimitri is in the comics. The last time we saw him it was in issue 201 talking to the IQ about removing the explosives from his people. I wonder how long SEGA is going to allow eggman to be like he is right now.
dragoonanime
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 am

Shadowfan wrote:Plus he has no resources to build an army.

Has he EVER had the resources? Honestly, this is something that has never been a problem for any of the Robotniks in any canon; if he wants a robot, he will build that robot, and it will be out of practically thin air if it has to be. And it usually is; there's almost never an explanation as to where all that metal comes from.

Also, building robots to kill Sonic seems like something he could do considering that, while he's currently insane, this is a guy who could spend five minutes and be able to turn a toaster into a warship.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby bsonic10 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:24 am

Shadowfan wrote:I disagree, right now Eggman can barely form a thought outside of killing Sonic.
Plus he has no resources to build an army.

Depending on who he teamed up with anybody could easily provide Eggman with what he needed to build an army of robots or mechs.

Again, Eggman is nutty, but let's not forget that he can still form some thoughts. What if in his mindless babbling he lets slip some important information that the ID doesn't want the heroes to know, or if when he finally starts to slowly recover he begins to form more cognizant thoughts and ideas that could be used against them?

And I agree that Snively's a complete coward, but let's not forget that the Iron King was anything but thrilled when he learned of Eggman's escape. Also, I'd like to point out that in #201, Snively and Regina mention something to the effect that if they got Sonic out of their way, nothing could stand against them, which was followed up with a get a shot of Eggman in his cell. It's obvious that bonkers or not, he presents some threat to them if he's let loose.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby FairFieldFinder » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:14 am

Fan Idea wrote:If they had help from the United Federation, perhaps they could use their Chaos Emeralds to cure Eggman of his insanity. It wouldn't take long. Quick call to G.U.N. HQ, Shadow Chaos Controls over there with the emeralds and Bob's your uncle.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Vampfox » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:14 am

Delete
Last edited by Vampfox on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius