Sonic the Hedgehog #205 Preview/Discussion/Spoilers/Cookies

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I think the appeal of Remington stems from the fact he was "another Knuckles" that didn't try to crowd out the main character. He had no super-powers, just a slick design. Character-wise, he was a solid "good guy" - no shining beacon of hope, just your average cop working to keep a lid on things. He even gave the Dingoes a fair shake; there was no animosity, he was just keeping the peace.

There's not much to him, granted, but I think that's his charm. He's a good guy without being an unapproachable paragon or undercut by inner darkness.

Something I had always wanted to see in KTE was him to play off Knuckles more, and visa versa. Remington was the experienced, knowledgeable, by-the-book authority figure while Knuckles operated by instinct, his limited training, and did whatever came to mind to solve the problem. Remington deferred to Knuckles because he was Guardian, and Knuckles deferred to Remington for his aforementioned qualities. The two could've made an interesting heroic duo during that era.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Damasca Ramza » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Tcat wrote:
jcfreak16 wrote:How many fans of this Brotherhood are there exactly? I mean, I had never even heard of them until.. well, coming here.
And.. someone fill me in on why Remington IS so special? Yes I loved him to pieces when he was an EST, but after everyone got dramatically changed in design I didn't even know he was still in the book. (Apparently brainwashed and working for the Dark Legion or something?) Unless you read the Knuckles series you barely know who his is anyway. For the longest time I thought he was dead. Heck I barely know what Fini was before he showed up going all "Weeheehee" at us. He was just some background character that popped up in two panels then suddenly someone went "We need a villain! QUICK! YOU GO RUIN THINGS!"
I had to go back on the issues like.. years later just to go "Oh, that smudge is them."

Remington is Kragok's son and Lien-Da's nephew and was originally going to be the new Enerjak, not Knuckles.
Damasca Ramza
BumbleKnight

Postby Tcat » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:26 pm

DM wrote:Remington is Kragok's son and Lien-Da's nephew and was originally going to be the new Enerjak, not Knuckles.

I get that much. I know the behind the scenes stuff, but it seems like a minor thing. When was that even mentioned or hinted at? It seemed completely out of the blue until I found out about that from here of all places. In one breath we got "Knuckles linage is too big" and in the next people like Remington are found out to be related to Knuckles.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Tcat wrote:
DM wrote:Remington is Kragok's son and Lien-Da's nephew and was originally going to be the new Enerjak, not Knuckles.

I get that much. I know the behind the scenes stuff, but it seems like a minor thing. When was that even mentioned or hinted at? It seemed completely out of the blue until I found out about that from here of all places. In one breath we got "Knuckles linage is too big" and in the next people like Remington are found out to be related to Knuckles.

It was revealed on Ken's board ages ago, but IIRC until the new Enerjak arc the only in-comic references were a couple of vague lines from Lien-Da (along the lines of "If only he knew who he was talking to" and "We have no time to grieve for friends... or family" (cue image of Remington).
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 pm

I was totally unaware of the Remmington/Kragok thing. Wow. And I thought I knew just about everything from the comic.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby TheRock1525 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:30 am

I'd actually like to see Remington come back in more of a support role for Knuckles. Like Ian described, he was just a good stand-up guy who doesn't need special powers or ancient birthrights. He doesn't overshadow so much as he explains.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby MegaHayzer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:08 pm

FINALLY!

Gosh...After two months, I finally got the dumb thing.

Now to review it. :D

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #205:

@Cover Artist: Spaz's cover was sub-par, imo. I think he could've done better.

"On The Run: Part One: All The Eggs In One Basket:"

Before I start I have to say that my favorite line was: "BLAST IT! Knothole wasn't under THAT tree either!"

I don't care what you guys say, THAT line was the best... Ever.

@Writer: Ah, such a good issue. The Sonic vs. Eggman fight was good. Felt kinda rushed, but you can't drag out things too long. I liked the hospital scene alot too. Good to know that Khan's forgiven for all the crud he's done. I liked seeing Doctor Quack too. Good change of pace. Eggman was hilarious as ever, and we start seeing that tension between Regina and Snively creep up. Conquering Storm is being utterly devious, which I completely love. So Ian did an amazing job!

@Penciller: Funny, I actually LIKED Butler's art in this issue. Even still, he really needs to work on Mobian anatomy. His humans/overlanders are fine, but he really needs help when in the area of Mobians, first and foremost: Mobian hands and feet. They should be bigger.

@Colorist: Herms did an amazing job as usual. I can't really think of anything to say except keep up the good work!

"Birthright: Part One:"

@Writer: Not a bad story. I loved all the name drops and enjoyed seeing Kragok for the first time (I didn't get to read the Knuickles comics). Lien-Da is as devious as ever, and it's hard for me to believe she killed her father. Funny, one panel of Luger, and I love his character. I liked the scene following his death, between Kragok and Lien-Da. Whether Kragok did it on purpose or was just being realistic to Lien-Da, I think Lien-Da took it like her character would. Nice chara-devel, Ian!

@Penciller: I'm starting to love Jamal's pecils even more and more. He did an awesome TZ Lien-Da. The only critique I had would be his Kragok. It seems like there's no room in his hood for his quills.

@Colorist: See above story.
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius