Sonic the Hedgehog #205 Preview/Discussion/Spoilers/Cookies

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:52 pm

I'll explain "PINGAS" again since I want to be 100% clear on this.

There's an episode in AoStH where Robotnik is berating Scratch and Grounder, accusing them of "snooping as usual." The inflection is really odd though - almost deliberate - where is sounds like "snoo-pingas usual." Somebody did a YouTube video that focused on this, and "Pingas" became a brief internet fad to giggle over.

Now, whether it's because "pingas" sound something like male anatomy, or if it's in fact an obscure euphemism is unclear (at least to me). All I know is that it potentially dances on the "naughty" line. So I purposefully worded it so that - technically - "pingas" is never out-right said.

But I knew the Sonic fans would pick up on it. I'm counting on y'all to get the other that's in the issue too.

Tigsie wrote:But it contradicts SSS#11...hmmm...where you see them sleep naked and have their cybernetics exposed. >__>

Concerning the wearing of robes: remember that SSS#11 was at the height of Dark Legion power on their home turf (so to speak). Now they're the conscripted grunts of the Dark Egg Legion under Eggman. They aren't going to enjoy nearly the same posh lifestyle.

Also - while it definitely serves a story purpose, the flashback was in part my way of finally getting to write Kragok, if only for a few pages!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Kragok look so cool. That whole claw thing going on? Epic. Yardley! draws him fantastically.

On the triple bunk thing, they're probably short on space in the Eggdome with a few hundred DEL bunking down there. And they're Mobians, and they all tend to be more agile than the rest of us.

.... and I don't get any of the pingas thing.

EDIT: Just got it. Never mind. But it's not funny.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby FairFieldFinder » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:Kragok look so cool. That whole claw thing going on? Epic. Yardley! draws him fantastically.

That's Jamal Peppers.
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Tigsie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Jamal Peppers = My New Favorite. :)
Tigsie
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Fairfieldfencer wrote:
jcfreak16 wrote:Kragok look so cool. That whole claw thing going on? Epic. Yardley! draws him fantastically.

That's Jamal Peppers.

Oh.... then Peppers is an epic artist and draws Kragok fantastically.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Axel T Rat » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Its great to see Kragok after all this time, too bad its a posthumous appearance and he's still dead. :cry: Also is the Twilight Zone one and the same as the Twilight Cage from Chronicles now? O.O This raises questions and gives potential in how the Legion could be connected to Nocturnus in some way. ...also I can't believe they brought the PINGAS meme into the series... XD
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 pm

I just realized that, with the time decompression of the Twilight Zone, in the little we've seen of the Previews several hours have probably already passed by in the Prime Zone. It's weird thinking of everything as slowed down as that.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Chosenoneknuckles » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Awesome Chronicles titbits. Hopefully whatever embargo [I assume] Sega have over Shade and its unique characters being used in Archie runs out after the presumed second [and last] Chronicles game.
Chosenoneknuckles
BumbleNoble

Postby Vampfox » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Delete
Last edited by Vampfox on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vampfox
BumbleCult

Postby Moogy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Oh man, I am surprised to see this so soon! It's not even October yet!

I never laughed so much at the comic since... ever! Butler did great drawing the absolute horror on Snively's face. I'll admit I giggled at Eggman's "Snoo-ping as usual" line. I hated the fad, but it was a pretty funky line in the cartoon. I'm surprised to see it in the comic, though, but most kids probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Also, more Conquering Storm? Yep; looking forward to this issue!

PS: I've said this a hundred times, but I love Pepper's work.
Moogy
BumbleKnight

Postby shigamado » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Are those triple high bunk beds? That's pretty dang high in the air. What if someone rolls over in their sleep?

Lein-Da - (Sleeping) "SNNOORREE!!" Hmppph! sh-shttoopid Dimitri. I shud "SNORT!" be thur Grand MastAAAAAHHHHHHHH! THUD!!
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby FairFieldFinder » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:18 pm

shigamado wrote:Are those triple high bunk beds? That's pretty dang high in the air. What if someone rolls over in their sleep?

Lein-Da - (Sleeping) "SNNOORREE!!" Hmppph! sh-shttoopid Dimitri. I shud "SNORT!" be thur Grand MastAAAAAHHHHHHHH! THUD!!

Dangit! Why doesn't StH have an Off Panel?!?
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Mister Sir » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 pm

We need more of Snively's expression from the second page.

Also, snooping as usual- man i'm geeking out.
Mister Sir
BumbleNewbie

Postby shigamado » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Fairfieldfencer wrote:
shigamado wrote:Are those triple high bunk beds? That's pretty dang high in the air. What if someone rolls over in their sleep?

Dangit! Why doesn't StH have an Off Panel?!?

And have me write it! :wink: *Plug*(BTW a new Sonic Egg Whites will be up this Saturday and it will have one of my best jokes yet.)*Plug*
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby Luger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:41 pm

IanPotto wrote:I'll explain "PINGAS" again since I want to be 100% clear on this.

There's an episode in AoStH where Robotnik is berating Scratch and Grounder, accusing them of "snooping as usual." The inflection is really odd though - almost deliberate - where is sounds like "snoo-pingas usual." Somebody did a YouTube video that focused on this, and "Pingas" became a brief internet fad to giggle over.

Now, whether it's because "pingas" sound something like male anatomy, or if it's in fact an obscure euphemism is unclear (at least to me). All I know is that it potentially dances on the "naughty" line. So I purposefully worded it so that - technically - "pingas" is never out-right said.

But I knew the Sonic fans would pick up on it. I'm counting on y'all to get the other that's in the issue too.

You, sir, are amazing! :(hearty laughter):

I think this method of previewing the issue is much better. Less is spoiled from the main story early on, and we get a nice glimpse of the backstory as well. Hopefully they keep doing it this way in the future. Also, the cover of this issue looks a lot better now for some reason, it's spectacular! Only qualm is that Dr. Eggman's mustache is intact.

Seriously, the backstory looks so incredibly amazing. This will probably be immidiatly one of my favourite issues, since it brings about the return appearances of Luger and Kragok (albeit in flashbacks). Jamal Peppers is such a brilliant artist, I'm glad he's doing the backstories. He'll do Luger's character design justice if the preview pages are any indication of his adherance to character designs such as Kragok's. I wish though that in the first panel of the backstory's second page they included the "Sega Saturn recolour" Dark Legion banner on the wall scroll in the background, it would've been an awesome nod to the diehard fans who would pick up on it.

Fan Ideas wrote:It seems like the Dark Legion established a large base or facility to thrive within the Twilight Zone. Makes you wonder if it's still there (probably a bit run down by now) and can be used by the Brotherhood now (oh, the irony! First Moritori Rex infiltrates Haven, now the Brotherhood has to use the Dark Legion's old base to survive the barren void!!)
Luger
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius