Sonic the Hedgehog #205 Preview/Discussion/Spoilers/Cookies

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Lobotomy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 pm

That reference. Oh wow. I love you.
Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:15 pm

TheRock1525 wrote:Not to get off subject again, but about Yardley's Robotnik Prime:

He has drawn him at least once. For the cover of free comic book day 2009.

He's also drawn him in #162 in the snivley back up.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 pm

sonicblueranger wrote:
TheRock1525 wrote:Not to get off subject again, but about Yardley's Robotnik Prime:

He has drawn him at least once. For the cover of free comic book day 2009.

He's also drawn him in #162 in the snivley back up.

By George, you're right! It's too bad he hates the design, because he draws a pretty wicked Robotnik.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby MissCassidy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 pm

So nice :)
MissCassidy
BumbleCitizen

Postby 2tailed » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:24 pm

TheRock1525 wrote:an amazing theory which actually makes a lot of sense!!

I'm really interested in reading the rest of it.

I think I see what you mean: By creating his own virus, Robotnik would have changed the fact that roboticizing himself to defeat Sonic would be necessary, so during his final battle, he didn't actually roboticize himself. The virus that he had created contained the same data as the one he encountered in the future.

The one thing is, we've had Eggman say countless times that he's from another dimension, another reality (#92, #117, etc.). In #75 he declares himself to be Robo-Robotnik, with the altered history (histories) that were described in #19 and #22.
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Postby TheRock1525 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 pm

2tailed wrote:
TheRock1525 wrote:an amazing theory which actually makes a lot of sense!!

I'm really interested in reading the rest of it.

I think I see what you mean: By creating his own virus, Robotnik would have changed the fact that roboticizing himself to defeat Sonic would be necessary, so during his final battle, he didn't actually roboticize himself. The virus that he had created contained the same data as the one he encountered in the future.

The one thing is, we've had Eggman say countless times that he's from another dimension, another reality (#92, #117, etc.). In #75 he declares himself to be Robo-Robotnik, with the altered history (histories) that were described in #19 and #22.

Edit: Theory was taken down, will re-post in the fan-created area.
Last edited by TheRock1525 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby DC » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:12 am

I have always suspected Lien-Da was involved in the death of Juile Su's mother;she always resented her because she felt she was a threat to her power and she resented the fact that her father moved on from her mom(which was fine for him to do since she died). Lien-Da being involved with her father's death is not much of a streach. It will be interesting to see what happened.
DC
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:09 am

Take the fan-created ideas to the fan-forum or I lock all of BKC down.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:12 am

:shock:

MOVE IT PEOPLE! MOVE IT!
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby TheRock1525 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:22 am

IanPotto wrote:Take the fan-created ideas to the fan-forum or I lock all of BKC down.

Sorry, my bad.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby blob55 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 pm

So... Where is the release info?
blob55
KER-BANNED!

Postby Moogy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:12 pm

Here it is:

SCRIPTS: Ian Flynn
ART: Steven Butler
SENSES-SHATTERING COVER BY Patrick "Spaz!" Spaziante
Shipping Date: September 30th, 2009
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: October 7th, 2009
On Sale on Newsstands: October 20th, 2009
32-page, full color comic
$2.50 US

Here are the descriptions for both stories, too.

"On the Run Part One": Bunnie is back, but worse for wear with her wounds being tended in the hospital. Luckily, her friends are by her side... but not for long, as a less-than-lucid Eggman attacks in his Egg-Tortoise walker! Sonic and Tails spring into action, while Iron Queen and crew watch with wide eyes. Why are they so interested in seeing Eggman captured? It's the start of a new pulse-pounding tale guest-starring Nicole, Antoine, Monkey Khan, Espio and more!

PLUS: "Birthright Part One": Now it can be revealed: the long-held secret of the disappearance of Lien-Da's father!
Moogy
BumbleKnight

Postby Knuxfan15 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:54 am

Shadowfan wrote:
bsonic10 wrote:
Shadowfan wrote:
Penguin God wrote:He could always build a new one, or be used by the opposing armies in his vulnerable state. They need him to build an army for THEM.
Have you seen Eggman lately?
He is in no shape to build anything.

But he still has an inkling of how to operate things around the Egg Dome and he presumably knew something about all his sub-bosses. If the Mobians took him in and actually took care of him, that might also speed up his recovery a bit. Not only could he build some robots, but he'd also know a fair amount about them and the Egg Dome, and I'd assume he'd be willing to make a truce to get his empire back. The ID could be in for some serious trouble if they just let him prance around wherever he wanted. It doesn't matter if he's defenseless by himself (even though that doesn't appear to be 100% accurate), if people actually helped him he could become a serious threat to the ID. If they really couldn't care less about him, none of them would have been flipping out about him escaping.
I disagree, right now Eggman can barely form a thought outside of killing Sonic.
Plus he has no resources to build an army.

Has anyone considered the fact he might not be completely out of it as most think? He certainly came up with that release code easily enough. And since he was heard speaking gibberish more often than not, it could easily pass without any eavesdroppers realizing what they hear until too late. I thought that when I read the last issue. I agree that it may not be all an act, but something doesn't seem right with the picture somehow.

As for the death of Mari-Su, I'm with those who weren't surprised. Kragok saying "Good Riddance" and Lien-da's expression kind of indicate they knew something. And as for Luger, we know Simon suspected something about his disappearance although he never said what. It's not a stretch to believe that he believed that Kragok and Lien-da did something to him. Whether they killed or exiled him remains to be seen as yet, but given what they did to their sister, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they killed him.
Knuxfan15
BumbleCitizen

Postby Luger » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm under the impression Dr. Eggman is "sane" enough to survive (eat, sleep, bathroom breaks maybe..) and to some extent control robots (obviously since he'll be attacking with his mecha turtle this issue) but him escaping was likely just a result of his subconscious mind throwing out the code amidst his mindless rantings. He was crazy before, now he's completely off the wall and unpredictable, and I like him that way. It's made for an interesting developement. Will this insane Eggman even be willing to deal since all he can think about is killing Sonic? I don't think he even cares about his empire, he just wants Sonic dead. How the Freedom Fighters could exploit him with that in mind, I have no idea.

As for Mari-Su's fate, SSS #11 gave me the impression it was a coordinated and collaborative effort on the part of Kragok and Lien-Da. StH #205 seems to indicate Lien-Da carried out the assassination on her own, and Kragok either didn't care or all he did was help formulate the plan. As Kragok pointed out though, Luger is their biological father, so perhaps it'll be more difficult for Lien-Da to carry out his demise, whether she admits it to Kragok or not. It won't surprise me at all if Luger is assassinated (he was listed on Ian's unofficial death list IIRC), though it'd be nice if he could survive the ordeal, either by leaving his position as Grandmaster and disappearing on his own (self exile), or being banished somewhere. Only two more days until we find out!!
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby dragoonanime » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:07 pm

I wonder what would happen if luger really was alive and he returned after all this time? I think that eggman will come back to a more stable position seeing on how the comic says that he and sonic team up.
dragoonanime
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius