Ask Ian #5 - The Return

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian #5 - The Return

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:26 am

In relation to this, the Ask Ian topics have begun anew. Please read my final post in the thread to know what to expect from here on out.

Now then - get to askin'!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby nuckles87 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:06 am

NO! BRING ME PIE!

I like the change you brought with the Ask Ian thread. Good job, Mr. Flynn.

I don't want any details, obviously, but do you have any original characters that you would like to put into the comic sometime in the far future?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby Sonic922 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:54 pm

Just In time for my question!

Could you tell us exactly happened as far as writing "The Chaotix Connection"? It credits Romy for the plot and you fr the dialouge.

Oh and by the way, whose idea was it to switch rouge to her Sonic Heroes costume?
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby NackTheWeasel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:17 pm

A while back, you said that Mina and Ash wouldn't show up for a while. Has that changed now? I know that there wont be andy details, but I'm just curious.
Here's a question that's been bugging me: Did Sally ever thank Mina for saving her life?
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:20 am

nuckles87 wrote:NO! BRING ME PIE!

No! I refuse!

nuckles87 wrote:I don't want any details, obviously, but do you have any original characters that you would like to put into the comic sometime in the far future?

I have an idea or two, sure, but they're so far back on the back-burners that I might as well say "no."

Sonic922 wrote:Could you tell us exactly happened as far as writing "The Chaotix Connection"? It credits Romy for the plot and you fr the dialouge.

I can't go into detail there, no. There isn't much to tell anyway - Romy did the script, I did the dialogue.

Sonic922 wrote:Oh and by the way, whose idea was it to switch rouge to her Sonic Heroes costume?

Not sure, to be honest.

Nack the Weasel wrote:A while back, you said that Mina and Ash wouldn't show up for a while. Has that changed now?

Nope.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby nuckles87 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:12 pm

No! I refuse!

Boon. I don't like you anymore. :(

You'd best love questions, cause I got another.

I checked through the "Ask Ian" encyclopedia sized table of contents, and couldn't find this answer to this question. I can't believe no ones asked it, but...

Are we ever going to see the return of Super Specials and mini series? They where so cool. Specials where used for game adaptions (something that should have been done for SA2) and mini series allowed us to get to know certain characters better. With the success of 2 Sonic titles, do you think theres a chance we'll see em again?

Also, if Archie ever where to do a mini series, whom do you think they'd focus on?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:54 pm

Hey Ian I have a quick question for ya.

Back in issue 157 (I think) we saw Sonic playing sad songs on his guitar clearly showing that he misses Sally, what I want to know is if you have any plans to do the same but with Sally sitting in her room (maybe not playing guitar) think about how much she misses Sonic?

Also I read your blog on DA about you playing Star Fox Command, three things 1: get online with it, 2: give me your friend code, 3: prepare to die
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:05 pm

We already saw Sally sad to see Sonic Holding Fiona's hand in the end of Line of Succession.
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Re: RE

Postby sonicxfactor » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:45 pm

EthanEmerald wrote:We already saw Sally sad to see Sonic Holding Fiona's hand in the end of Line of Succession.

Yeah I know but what I mean is will we see her all sad in her room like we saw with Sonic. Her crying over a picture of him or something.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:29 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:Back in issue 157 (I think) we saw Sonic playing sad songs on his guitar clearly showing that he misses Sally, what I want to know is if you have any plans to do the same but with Sally sitting in her room (maybe not playing guitar) think about how much she misses Sonic?

Kinda specific, isn't that? It sounds more like a suggestion than a question. :?
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:08 pm

nuckles87 wrote:Are we ever going to see the return of Super Specials and mini series?

That depends on stuff doing certain things in a certain time-frame. I know I'm not the only one who'd like to see at least one of those return.

nuckles87 wrote:Also, if Archie ever where to do a mini series, whom do you think they'd focus on?

I don't know, really, since there'd be a lot of factors weighing in on getting the minis back anyway. I would wager Knuckles or Shadow - the former for late series and Shadow for his popularity/market presence. That's just blind speculation, though.

sonicxfactor wrote:Also I read your blog on DA about you playing Star Fox Command, three things 1: get online with it, 2: give me your friend code, 3: prepare to die

1) I don't have a wireless connection yet.
2) See previous answer
3) Probably. I love the game, but it's impossible to dog-fight SF64-style in it.

You Guys wrote:
sonicxfactor wrote:Back in issue 157 (I think) we saw Sonic playing sad songs on his guitar clearly showing that he misses Sally, what I want to know is if you have any plans to do the same but with Sally sitting in her room (maybe not playing guitar) think about how much she misses Sonic?

EthanEmerald wrote:We already saw Sally sad to see Sonic Holding Fiona's hand in the end of Line of Succession.

sonicxfactor wrote:Yeah I know but what I mean is will we see her all sad in her room like we saw with Sonic. Her crying over a picture of him or something.

Kureejii Lea wrote:Kinda specific, isn't that? It sounds more like a suggestion than a question.

There's nothing more for me to add here.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby BlueFantasy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 pm

Okay, I read through all 15 pages of the old post to make sure I didn't repeat anything! Questshees~

1) In the "My Special Friend" issue of Knux (I can't remember numbers right now) Sally explained her screwy colors at the beginning of the series. Is there any plans to do the same thing for Tails? I don't know why he was ever brown in the first place, even on the cartoons, but he's been orange for some time now in the comics (even earlier on the covers!) I had a little idea... maybe it had something to do with his time as Turbo Tails...? I mean, his parents are still brown...

2) I tried to send this question to sonic@archiecomics.com but it came back on me.... How on earth (or Mobius) is Elias's kid his step-kid? Where's the original father, then? Explain please before my brain goes kablooey.

3)Sonic@archiecomics.com didn't work for me, is there a new adress? :(hearty laughter):

4) Will there be some kind of explanation why Zonic and Evil Sonic had green eyes? Sonic Prime had green eyes because of the time beam and super emerald, right?

5) More a suggestion than question, but please tell everyone to get their sibling relationships right, cause Lien-Da and Julie-Su had the same father and different mothers, which makes them half-sisters, not step. Having half and step siblings, this is something I definitely know. And, as mentioned above, the Elias and child thing... that's just mega confusing.

6) What happened to King Acorn? I mean, personality wise. He seemed really loving and sweet in SatAM, but in the comics, he's becoming a big fat jerk. Isn't he supposed to be a benevolent ruler? He reminds me of my own jerk of a father more and more with each issue.

And, on a side note, I hope Sally cuts her hair, cause it is not only hard to draw, it doesn't become her.
BlueFantasy
BumbleKnight

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:04 pm

BlueFantasy wrote:3)Sonic@archiecomics.com didn't work for me, is there a new adress? :(hearty laughter):

Ditto. My emails haven't been getting through, either. I think they're working on it, though, aswell as the online Sonic grams. (Although the updates at the Sonic section of www.archiecomics.com have been at a stand-still the past months!)
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby General Tekno » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:17 pm

OK, I've got a question referring to the latest story arc with M25YL.

Spoiler Here wrote:What exactly DID Sonic change when he went back into the past? Or will that be revealed next month?
General Tekno
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:59 am

BlueFantasy wrote:1) In the "My Special Friend" issue of Knux (I can't remember numbers right now) Sally explained her screwy colors at the beginning of the series. Is there any plans to do the same thing for Tails?

No plans for that right now.

BlueFantasy wrote:How on earth (or Mobius) is Elias's kid his step-kid? Where's the original father, then? Explain please before my brain goes kablooey.

Meg had Alexis before she met Elias. The comic hasn't said where "daddy" is, but unofficially he's was a casualty of Dr. Eggman's rule. Elias met Meg during his journeys and took on Alexis as his daughter.

BlueFantasy wrote:3)Sonic@archiecomics.com didn't work for me, is there a new adress?

Try talkback@archiecomics.com

BlueFantasy wrote:4) Will there be some kind of explanation why Zonic and Evil Sonic had green eyes? Sonic Prime had green eyes because of the time beam and super emerald, right?

Sonic was hit by a Quantum Beam while running around the planet, morphing through elemental forms, with a Super Emerald strapped to his back - just to clarify.

No, there are no current plans to explain the cross-continuum green eyes.

BlueFantasy wrote:6) What happened to King Acorn? I mean, personality wise. He seemed really loving and sweet in SatAM, but in the comics, he's becoming a big fat jerk. Isn't he supposed to be a benevolent ruler? He reminds me of my own jerk of a father more and more with each issue.

Keep in mind that SatAM served as the foundation long, long ago. Outside of the base we've built from, it holds no bearing on the comic now.

As for Maximillian you need to take into account he lost Mobotropolis to Robotnik (twice), was driven mad in the Zone of Silence, turing into living crystal, possessed by Ixis Naugus, crippled by a blow to the head and then steadily poisoned by Patch/AntiAntoine. His wife was nearly killed and he lost both her and his son for years. His daughter has grown up as a guerilla leader and been through more than even he has.

The dude's been through a lot. It can make him cranky - or worse.

General Tekno - Spoiler Question wrote:What exactly DID Sonic change when he went back into the past? Or will that be revealed next month?

Ian Potto - Spoiler Answer wrote:Whatever it was that was wrong in the past. We were more interested in seeing things through in the future than watching King Sonic hop through time.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius