Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Orion101 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:56 am

1. I noticed in your script bits you had originally intended Omega rather than Croctobot, do you still intend to use him in the comic or does Issac's presence make him redundent.

2. Are you going to have any of the non superpowered Feedom Fighters question whether they are as important as the ones with powers?

3. About the Heavy and Bomb question I was actually reffering to when he originally reprogrammed them and they kidnapped the royal family?

4. Between Julie Su, Rob O Hedge and Nack who is a better marksmen?

5. In your opinion do Nic and Nack dislike each other or just posses sibling rivalry?
Orion101
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:59 pm

Postby sonicxfactor » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Ian I remember in the Return To Angel Island arc in the scene where Lien-Da and Julie-Su are shouting at each other and we see a panel with Lien-Da saying “Farther loved you more”, I just want to know if you will be touching up on their relationship with each other and if these two sister will ever make up one another?

They seemed to have made up in M25YL but that is only considered as a “possible future” so since you’re the new writer I was wondering what your plans will be for these two sisters?
User avatar
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: London England

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:47 am

Sonic922 wrote:Speaking of which, do we ever find out what happened to Mobius' other 99 moons from SOnic #13?


I'd have to re-read how the issue referenced it, but I think it best to consider that to be a Mobian legend. Since Mobius = Earth, and we only have one moon.

Dirk Amoeba wrote:I think it's best to just consider it one of the many homages to DragonBall/Z that can be found in Sonic.


What are you talking about? Now if you excuse me, I have to write the next installment in which Knuckolo protects the Dragon Emeralds from Shagita. (Vegidow?)

Orion101 wrote:1. I noticed in your script bits you had originally intended Omega rather than Croctobot, do you still intend to use him in the comic or does Issac's presence make him redundent.


Issac is hardly a stand-in for Omega. Omega might be showing up in the future, but don't hold your breath.

Orion101 wrote:2. Are you going to have any of the non superpowered Feedom Fighters question whether they are as important as the ones with powers?


Right now everyone in the FF/Chaotix have shown their value - with or without abilities - so it's not much of an issue at the moment.

Orion101 wrote: 3. About the Heavy and Bomb question I was actually reffering to when he originally reprogrammed them and they kidnapped the royal family?


I'm fairly certain they new Heavy and Bomb were affected by Eggman's early nanites then. The previous answer still stands.

Orion101 wrote:4. Between Julie Su, Rob O Hedge and Nack who is a better marksmen?


Nack, without question. Julie-Su and Rob are about on par, I would imagine.

Orion101 wrote:5. In your opinion do Nic and Nack dislike each other or just posses sibling rivalry?


In their situation, I think "hate" isn't a strong enough word. In the case of their team-up, though, greed managed to win out.

sonicxfactor wrote:Ian I remember in the Return To Angel Island arc in the scene where Lien-Da and Julie-Su are shouting at each other and we see a panel with Lien-Da saying “Farther loved you more”, I just want to know if you will be touching up on their relationship with each other and if these two sister will ever make up one another?


It's an outstanding issue that I won't ignore. The trick is finding time to devote to it.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Postby JoJo B. » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:09 pm

1. Is Finitevus hiding anything beneath those bandages wrapped around his hands and feet?

2. Is Spectre's fur black? Or does his helmet cover most of what would reveal his true color?

3. Considering you are featuring different elements from the Sonic Heroes game, will we see any light shed on the corporation known as "HEXAeco"?

4. Are those emerald shards Dr. Eggman used to imprison Mogul, Naugus, the Destructix and the spider ninjas in the Egg Grapes? If so, how did he get a hold of them? I guess the same goes for Hunter's Chaos Lane.

5. In the SegaSonic arcade game, it's made quite clear that Mighty's shell is something he wears, instead of being directly attached to him. Would you say this is the same for Mighty in the Archie universe?
JoJo B.
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Postby Faded-Myth » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:22 am

Hey Ian. I was wondering if the witty wordplay with Sir Connery saying "nay" was intended? Cause if it was, it was downright hilarious. Being British myself, I'm well aware of the olde English terminology. But coming from a horse, it's got an almost double meaning. And it's hilarious XD

Also, did Mogul's line "And they chastise ME for my verbosity." have anything to do with the poking in the ribs we all gave you about Mogul's vocabulary? Or was that scripted long ago? Either way, it's funny XD

Oh, and while I'm the note for 164 (instead of making a pointless new post just for it) , loved the little bit with Sally and Sonic back to back "Good to see you in the field."
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:02 am

JoJo B. wrote:1. Is Finitevus hiding anything beneath those bandages wrapped around his hands and feet?


Just his hands and feet, which aren't all that mysterious.

JoJo B. wrote:2. Is Spectre's fur black? Or does his helmet cover most of what would reveal his true color?


I think I remember Ken saying he was red and the shadowy armor makes him look black. But then again, some of the art makes it near-impossible for him to be anything but black. Since I don't plan on showing him outside of his armor/cloak/stuff, you can imagine him as any color your choose.

JoJo B. wrote:3. Considering you are featuring different elements from the Sonic Heroes game, will we see any light shed on the corporation known as "HEXAeco"?


I might throw it in as a background element should we ever see a human/Overland city, but no, I won't be deeply investigating it.

JoJo B. wrote:4. Are those emerald shards Dr. Eggman used to imprison Mogul, Naugus, the Destructix and the spider ninjas in the Egg Grapes? If so, how did he get a hold of them? I guess the same goes for Hunter's Chaos Lane.


Running a global empire means access to all sorts of resources, including Chaos Emeralds. He must have managed to get ahold of some and make the weapons with them. Physical teleporting projectiles are a bit cumbersome, though, so he'll be upgrading his weaponry.

JoJo B. wrote:5. In the SegaSonic arcade game, it's made quite clear that Mighty's shell is something he wears, instead of being directly attached to him. Would you say this is the same for Mighty in the Archie universe?


If you've got screenshots/videos of that, I'd love to see it since I've not seen anything of that nature. For ArchieSonic-Mighty, I'd say the shell is a part of him.

Faded-Myth wrote:Hey Ian. I was wondering if the witty wordplay with Sir Connery saying "nay" was intended? Cause if it was, it was downright hilarious. Being British myself, I'm well aware of the olde English terminology. But coming from a horse, it's got an almost double meaning. And it's hilarious XD


It was one of those "...oh crap" moments that ended up working well both ways. It was meant in the context of his knightly-speak. As I was reading the final product, though, I remembered he was more than just a paladin...he was a paladin horse. So you can take it either way - whichever entertains you most.

Faded-Myth wrote:Also, did Mogul's line "And they chastise ME for my verbosity." have anything to do with the poking in the ribs we all gave you about Mogul's vocabulary? Or was that scripted long ago? Either way, it's funny XD


TDS was done (on my end) about 6 months before anybody even knew I was going to write for it. The line was a nod to the universal eye-rolling the fandom has done over his "verbosity." Which I will not drop, because it's fun XD I will try to use it effectively, however, and play up the silent power-house aspect too (see the first few pages of StH#163). When Mogul shuts up, you know there's going to be trouble.

Faded-Myth wrote:Oh, and while I'm the note for 164 (instead of making a pointless new post just for it) , loved the little bit with Sally and Sonic back to back "Good to see you in the field."


Glad you liked it. Now the question is - was that just for the moment, or a hint of things to come . . .?
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Postby Faded-Myth » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:12 am

I'm extremely surprised to see you mention that really, considering the replies something like that can generate XD.
Personally I'm not going to speculate becaus'e it's pointless. I can HOPE it's a sign of things to come, wether it's a hint of anything regarding their relationship either professionally or personally, it doesn't really matter so long as it's SOMETHING. Of course, knowing you and your habit of keeping us guessing and on our toes and totally in the dark with all your hints leading one way one minute and the other way the next, it could mean anything. Or it could mean nothing.

I'm hoping it means something.
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:13 am

IanPotto wrote:If you've got screenshots/videos of that, I'd love to see it since I've not seen anything of that nature. For ArchieSonic-Mighty, I'd say the shell is a part of him.


I know about this one. It's just one of those goofy little cartoon moments that happens. When you fall into a bottomless pit, the character hovers in mid air for a while, and falls down in an exaggerated way. When Mighty falls, his shell stays up for a split second longer than his body.

It's just for a humurous effect, I'm sure.
Guest
 

Postby JoJo B. » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:31 pm

W.W. wrote:
IanPotto wrote:If you've got screenshots/videos of that, I'd love to see it since I've not seen anything of that nature. For ArchieSonic-Mighty, I'd say the shell is a part of him.


I know about this one. It's just one of those goofy little cartoon moments that happens. When you fall into a bottomless pit, the character hovers in mid air for a while, and falls down in an exaggerated way. When Mighty falls, his shell stays up for a split second longer than his body.

It's just for a humurous effect, I'm sure.


Okay, either way, here's the pic:

Image
JoJo B.
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:45 pm

HAHAHA! He looks like a pill-bug! (rollie-pollie, whatever you call 'em)

Going from what W.W. said and the screenshot, that does look like something straight out of Looney Tunes - only instead of terrified eyes that linger before following the body it's the shell.

Still, thanks very much for the screenshot JoJo B. Is that from a cache of images, or did you take it off an emulator?
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Postby JoJo B. » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:59 pm

IanPotto wrote:Still, thanks very much for the screenshot JoJo B. Is that from a cache of images, or did you take it off an emulator?


You're welcome. :) I saved it from another site, the Knuckles Chaotix Unofficial Homepage (http://www.knuckleschaotix.info/). Although yeah, it was taken with an emulator.
JoJo B.
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Postby Sonic922 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:41 pm

IanPotto wrote:
Sonic922 wrote:Speaking of which, do we ever find out what happened to Mobius' other 99 moons from SOnic #13?


I'd have to re-read how the issue referenced it, but I think it best to consider that to be a Mobian legend. Since Mobius = Earth, and we only have one moon.


Actually, they go into space and look at the moons, they also land on one with thick muck and thick air(13' one of my rarests issues so I went over it a few times in the past :oops: ). I an post a picture if you want.
User avatar
Sonic922
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:52 am

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:15 pm

....wow, I don't remember that at all.

I'll have to re-read it myself. Thanks for putting me on the trail.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Postby General Tekno » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:53 pm

Maybe Earth has asteroid debris in its orbit for some reason.
User avatar
General Tekno
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 12:02 am

Postby Faded-Myth » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:30 am

I'm still finding the whole Mobius=Earth thing to be a bitter dissapointment. It really ruins a lot of illusions = / Alsso putrs a damper on all those old pre issue 50 comics which made the Sonic universe so out of this world. Making it more "real" doesn't gel with me too much. I just really liked it how Mobius was this totally different place, a fantasy world. I used to read the Sonic comics to ESCAPE from reality, not get closer to it.

Thankfully though, it doesn't seem to stop you making your Sonic world so crazy and awesome.

Oh, and down here we call those sort of bugs "slaters".
User avatar
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:02 am
Location: Chopping down trees in Geen Hill zone

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron