Daily Dose of Ian - For Inquisitive Minds!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Sonic922 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:16 pm

Hey Ian, I just got my 165(backwards for some reason, anybody else have it mailed wrong?). I have a few question about the first few pages:

1: (Hope I don't get the box for this) How come Mighty says that Fiona's confession will reemain confidential, but on the next page Vector(I think it was Vector)says what Fiona told them and mentions her by name.

2: I was looking over Scourger and Sonic's fight and the page before it, and I was wondering how you figure the best layout, since it's not just a bunch of square panels. I ask because I am working on a comic strip and I need to figure out a layout before I send it to a gallery.

3: Speakin g of which, have you heard of te Ironworks gallery in the Bronx for Comic strips? Will you be submitting anything?Here's the website: http://ironworksgallery.com/

4: Did you or Tracy design what Ivan Kintobor looks like?
Last edited by Sonic922 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic922
BumbleFan

Postby JoJo B. » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:55 am

Any reason Isaac appeared silver in this new issue? Or just a coloring error?
JoJo B.
BumbleFan

Postby Orion101 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:10 am

1. I already asked about your opinion on Shadow and Rouge's friendship, what's your opinion on Shadow and Omega's friendship?

2. I've seen all of the endings for the Shadow game on Youtube and in several of them Shadow kills Robotnik yet in the final ending he is alive and well. Did something happen in the game that I missed.

3. Allot of people were anoyed by how Nack was called an assasin in Songoose when he was always refered to as a Bounty Hunter. I always thought of him as a mercanary who will do whatever juob for the right pay, whether acting as a bounty hunter or an assasin. This is always how the Fett's were potrayed in Star Wars as well as Death's Head and Deadpool from Marvel. What is your opinion on this and how will you be portrayiing him if he shows up again.

4. How old is Nack anyway, I doubt he is a teenager, he just looks more ravaged then the others?

5. In the preview for the next issue Rouge mentions Nack again for the second time, do the two of them have history?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:56 am

Orion101 wrote:2. I've seen all of the endings for the Shadow game on Youtube and in several of them Shadow kills Robotnik yet in the final ending he is alive and well. Did something happen in the game that I missed.

Nah, was just a possible ending. The first ten are fakes, while the last one is the true ending.

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:36 pm

W.W. wrote:
Orion101 wrote:2. I've seen all of the endings for the Shadow game on Youtube and in several of them Shadow kills Robotnik yet in the final ending he is alive and well. Did something happen in the game that I missed.

Nah, was just a possible ending. The first ten are fakes, while the last one is the true ending.

Yeah, they're essentially "what-ifs." Besides, pretty much all of them conflict or contradict others, so it should be obvious they have no bearing on the final ending.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Faded-Myth » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Toby's life is an entire series of "what-if" events.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby sonicforever » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:21 pm

Actually I thought the one where he lets Eggman live at the end was the ending for the first part of the game and then it headed into the second part of the story when he faced the uh devil looking dude (forget his name).
sonicforever
BumbleFan

Postby NackTheWeasel » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:04 pm

W.W. wrote:

Kills? I thought he just knocks him out.
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:40 pm

sonicxfactor wrote:One more thing, Ian have you seen the new screenshots of Sonic 06 yet (if not here’s the link http://xboxyde.com/gallery_3830_en.html) and what do you think of the new hedgehog that appears to be made out of crystal?

I honestly don't know what to think of "Nova." It's peculiar since the old rumors of a crystaline hedgehog appear to have had some merit. There are so many possibilities as to what that thing is, the mind boggles. Just a little over three months now . . .

Sonic922 wrote:1: (Hope I don't get the box for this) How come Mighty says that Fiona's confession will reemain confidential, but on the next page Vector(I think it was Vector)says what Fiona told them and mentions her by name.

That's Vector for you. The Chaotix ought to sit down and have a policy meeting. It looks like I ought to attend it as well. *cough*

Sonic922 wrote:2: I was looking over Scourger and Sonic's fight and the page before it, and I was wondering how you figure the best layout, since it's not just a bunch of square panels. I ask because I am working on a comic strip and I need to figure out a layout before I send it to a gallery.

Half of it is me visualizing what I'd want on the page. Reading enough comics and partaking in various forms of visual media has helped me get a relatively good eye for what flows. The other half (and boardering on two-thirds) is Tracy (and the other artists') brilliance. That's why I like to make sure they have room to fudge with my direction - they usually have a better idea when something needs to be changed.

Sonic922 wrote:3: Speakin g of which, have you heard of te Ironworks gallery in the Bronx for Comic strips? Will you be submitting anything?

I have not and don't plan on doing so since I haven't. I'll check it out when I have time. Which might be . . . when I retire. Busy, busy, busy . . .

Sonic922 wrote:4: Did you or Tracy design what Ivan Kintobor looks like?

That was all Tracy.

JoJo B. wrote:Any reason Isaac appeared silver in this new issue? Or just a coloring error?

Minor coloring error.

Orion101 wrote:1. I already asked about your opinion on Shadow and Rouge's friendship, what's your opinion on Shadow and Omega's friendship?

I don't know if it's a "friendship" so much as a kinship. They're both artificial beings with great destructive power and a hatred for Eggman. Before I could really explore such a relationship, though, I'd really need to get into Omega's character - what little there is of it. He'd need some serious build-up before I could really start linking him to other characters.

It's been covered already, but what the hey - the ten endings are all hypothetical.

Orion101 wrote:3. Allot of people were anoyed by how Nack was called an assasin in Songoose when he was always refered to as a Bounty Hunter.
What is your opinion on this and how will you be portrayiing him if he shows up again.

Nack is also known as "Fang the Sniper" in the original Japanese. Snipers aren't exactly known for leaving targets alive. I think Nack is a nasty individual who will do whatever will earn him a buck or get him ahead in life. If it's bringing in somebody alive, so be it. If it's not so alive, that works too.

Orion101 wrote:4. How old is Nack anyway, I doubt he is a teenager, he just looks more ravaged then the others?

He's about the same age as the majority of the cast.

Orion101 wrote:5. In the preview for the next issue Rouge mentions Nack again for the second time, do the two of them have history?

They've bumped elbows in the past seeing how they both deal on the shadey side of life.

And to go back an answer an older one (since I'm finally updating the Table of Contents) . . .

Ethan Emerald wrote:Can you give us a more specific date for when GBU gets followed up on? Issue numbers, perhaps?

StH#165
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

RE

Postby EthanEmerald » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:14 am

Hey, thanks for that last answer. =P
EthanEmerald
BumbleKnight

Postby NackTheWeasel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:46 pm

You mean Nack's only around 17? I thought he was in his twenties. That means he's younger than Rouge!
NackTheWeasel
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:59 pm

NackTheWeasel wrote:You mean Nack's only around 17? I thought he was in his twenties. That means he's younger than Rouge!

He said "about the same age" which probably means within the realm of 15-20. That doesn't mean he's definately younger than Rouge.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby nuckles87 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:26 am

Ian, I have a question regarding Sally and Elias fighting in "Darkest Storm".

It seems to me, tha ever since the "Home" arc, Sally has always stayed out of fights (I missed issues between that and 155 though, so I'm not 100% sure) because, as sole heir to the kingdom, she couldn't afford to fall.

Although Elias is back, there are still no other eligible heirs, and no guarantee that there will ever be any, other then Sally.

So it seems to me that Sally and Elias both fighting in "Darkest Storm" was out of character, at least on Sally's part. I'll admit, I have absolutely no problem seeing Sally back in the battlefield, but I am curious as to how you justify this change?
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Postby Faded-Myth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:38 am

I'm willing to settle for the idea that since Elias is now in charge, he's probably a bit more lax on Sally's freedom. before, her father didn't exactly let her do what she wanted. Elias knows just how much Sonic and the kingdom mean to Sally. I'm pretty sure he'd feel hypocritical if he forced Sally to stay away from battle.
Faded-Myth
Resident Faux-Woman

Postby sonicxfactor » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:48 am

Good thing Elias lets Sally fight, I pay to buy the comic every month to see Sally the warrior princess not Sally the daddy’s girl and hides in the castle princess.
sonicxfactor
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius