Sonic Boom #5 Preview Pages, Spoilers, and Discussion

Subforum dedicated to Sonic Boom - the comic book, cartoon and videogame series.

Re: Sonic Boom #5 Preview Pages, Spoilers, and Discussion

Postby SonicSoul » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:30 am

It's good to have you here, Bill. :)

It's always good to see someone so enthused with what he does and get to communicate with the fanbase on such good grounds, like you being on The Sonic Show's podcast and all.

Looking forward to more of what you've in store for Boom (both show and comics-wise).
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby akessel92 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh I just realized! If Eggman is German and since Wily is also German. Not only does that make them deutch bros. They unfortunately perpetuate a terrible stereotype amongst Germans that has been in place since the early twentieth century. Being evil, being scientists or both.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Bill Freiberger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:32 pm

akessel92 wrote:Oh I just realized! If Eggman is German and since Wily is also German. Not only does that make them deutch bros. They unfortunately perpetuate a terrible stereotype amongst Germans that has been in place since the early twentieth century. Being evil, being scientists or both.

Eggman's not German. There is no Germany in the Sonic Boom universe. I just thought Eggtoberfest was funny.

Bill
Bill Freiberger
Sonic Boom Show Runner

Postby akessel92 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Bill Freiberger wrote:
akessel92 wrote:Oh I just realized! If Eggman is German and since Wily is also German. Not only does that make them deutch bros. They unfortunately perpetuate a terrible stereotype amongst Germans that has been in place since the early twentieth century. Being evil, being scientists or both.

Eggman's not German. There is no Germany in the Sonic Boom universe. I just thought Eggtoberfest was funny.

Bill

Ok. Kinda figured. Still I am imagining him and wily in lederhosen. Gotta find a drawing or commission someone for it.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Polish Pete » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:33 am

akessel92 wrote:
Bill Freiberger wrote:

Bill

Ok. Kinda figured. Still I am imagining him and wily in lederhosen. Gotta find a drawing or commission someone for it.

To the DeviantArt!
Polish Pete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Weeg the Ninji » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:23 pm

So watching the latest Boom episode and comparing it to the latest issue made me realize that there are several coloring errors with the side characters, but that's not important right now.

What I wanna know is...
Spoiler: show
...who is this and why does she not have a name?
Weeg the Ninji
BumbleNewbie

Postby Sunwalker » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Bill Freiberger wrote:Eggman's not German. There is no Germany in the Sonic Boom universe. I just thought Eggtoberfest was funny.

Bill

I actually found the Eggtoberfest was very funny. This scene is the funniest thing I've seen so far in the Boom comics:
013.jpg
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:58 pm

There needs to be a way to scale that for desktop backgrounds...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby jm0364 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:01 am

Weeg the Ninji wrote:So watching the latest Boom episode and comparing it to the latest issue made me realize that there are several coloring errors with the side characters, but that's not important right now. What I wanna know is
...who is this and why does she not have a name

Actually I'm curious too. Say Bill DOES this character even have a name or is she just a random background character? O.o
jm0364
BumbleCitizen

Re: Sonic Boom #5 Preview Pages and Discussion

Postby DabigRG » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:41 am

Steven Butler came out of his cave with lots of gold! Man, this art is this issue looks gorgeous! Never thought I'd see Eggman in leaderhousen.
Bill Freiberger wrote:I have to disagree with you about Ian's involvement. I think he's doing a great job with this new set of characters. And just wait until you guys start reading "Worlds Unite." It's epic. The thing is like a feature film.

But back to the Sonic Boom comic. I will admit, that I know the Sonic Boom world and characters a bit better than Ian does. That's because I've been working with them longer. It takes a while to properly sort out the differences. At least it did for me. That said, I really enjoyed the first four issues of Sonic Boom. In a way, Ian's scripts were my "Comic Book Writing University." I used them along with the art for the first two issues to figure out how to work in comics. Ian was hugely helpful in getting Sonic Boom #5 from my head to the page.

Bill

Nice to have you here and I hope your time here is both enjoyable and informative. May I say that this issue was a pleasure to read since everything was so lively and might I also say that--WAITAMINUTE, YOU'VE READ WORLDS UNITE!?!Officially Jealous.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Bill Freiberger » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 am

Weeg the Ninji wrote:So watching the latest Boom episode and comparing it to the latest issue made me realize that there are several coloring errors with the side characters, but that's not important right now.

What I wanna know is...
...who is this and why does she not have a name?

That's Lady Goat. She appears in the show and is voiced by Cindy Robinson.

Bill
Bill Freiberger
Sonic Boom Show Runner

Postby Weeg the Ninji » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Bill Freiberger wrote:That's Lady Goat. She appears in the show and is voiced by Cindy Robinson.Bill

I'm certain you've heard this before, but I feel it needs reiterating. You're a cool guy Bill. Thanks for takin' the time out of your day to appease my petty curiosity.
Weeg the Ninji
BumbleNewbie

Postby Bill Freiberger » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:19 am

Weeg the Ninji wrote:
Bill Freiberger wrote:That's Lady Goat. She appears in the show and is voiced by Cindy Robinson.Bill

I'm certain you've heard this before, but I feel it needs reiterating. You're a cool guy Bill. Thanks for takin' the time out of your day to appease my petty curiosity.

Thank you. I'm happy to answer any questions I'm allowed to.

Bill
Bill Freiberger
Sonic Boom Show Runner

Postby Betz! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 am

Bill Freiberger wrote:
Weeg the Ninji wrote:

Bill

Ever consider making a Q and A thread on this forum?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Bill Freiberger wrote:
Weeg the Ninji wrote:

Bill

The floodgates have been opened!

What can you tell us about what happened to the continuity of the series? A ton of PR suggested that Sonic Boom had this sprawling epic narrative, starting with Rise of Lyric, going on to Shattered Crystal, and then finally leading into the cartoon. Was this changed somewhere in development? Was it something that PR came up with that wasn't necessarily part of the plan? Will we see more connections to the games in the future of the cartoon or comics?

Also, I"m sure people will be nagging you about Boom Shadow, but are you currently allowed to use other Sonic characters? Don't have to say if you have plans for them or not, just want to know if Sonic Boom is currently mandated to just be the game characters we have now or if you're allowed to bring more in at this point, if you so chose.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Tape & Sonic Speed