Posts of Randomness!

The general forum for talk about all things BumbleKingy!

Should this thread go back to being named "Posts of Randomness?"

Chicken
44%
Beef
33%
Fish
24%

Total votes : 85

Re: Posts of Randomness!

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:16 am

New adorable Knuckles icon is best adorable Knuckles icon. owo
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 pm

*Watches Red vs Blue Season 13 Finale* Church: There’s so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day. And because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero… never gets to see that ending. They’ll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They’ll never know if the day was really saved. In the end… they just have to have faith. Ain’t that a [Censored]?

*episode cuts to credits as Epsilon-Church flickers out of existence* Holy Crap that cliffhanger I can't wait for next season! *Finds out next season will be short stories and the cliffhanger won't be resolved until Season 15* ...WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ROOSTER TEETH?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ClareSilver47 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:01 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:*Watches Red vs Blue Season 13 Finale* Church: There’s so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day. And because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero… never gets to see that ending. They’ll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They’ll never know if the day was really saved. In the end… they just have to have faith. Ain’t that a [Censored]?

*episode cuts to credits as Epsilon-Church flickers out of existence* Holy Crap that cliffhanger I can't wait for next season! *Finds out next season will be short stories and the cliffhanger won't be resolved until Season 15* ...WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ROOSTER TEETH?

I probably should note that I haven't watched the latest 5 episodes because I absolutely despise the new video player.

It has a weird quality slider that plays at either too low quality or too high quality, has a lousy buffer zone and lags when I use it.

I'm waiting for the episodes to be uploaded to YouTube so I'll be waiting a month before I get to episode 20. I actually haven't watched any RT videos on their site ever since they switched sites so for me I just got a new episode of RvB (episode 15)
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Woops sorry Clare I got carried away. :oops:
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:02 pm

If I could, then which of these female celebrities should I go out on a date with? Taylor Momsen or Dakota Fanning?

NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby ClareSilver47 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:05 pm

I feel like this would be the perfect question to ask on the RvB BAR since those guys probably know who you're talking about

My knowledge of celebrities is limited to the few my mom and sister pound into my head because it looks bad if I watch my favorite movie or TV show and not even know at least one of the more famous actors
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Miyamoto confirms Super Mario Bros. 3 was a play.

If you had your own Mario chronology planned out in your head you may wanna tweak it...

Also Miyamoto is Bowser Jr's mother.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby MetaL Overlord » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Dakota Fanning , since I'd reckon one would've interestring Conversations regarding her Filmography
MetaL Overlord
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:00 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Miyamoto confirms Super Mario Bros. 3 was a play.

If you had your own Mario chronology planned out in your head you may wanna tweak it...

Also Miyamoto is Bowser Jr's mother.

Wow... :shock: that's pretty insane. This is just like how Super Mario Brothers 2 for the NES was all just a dream.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Well this is a first. STRONG LANGUAGE

I just love I went "I'm a Feminist" and this genius's response is "YOU'RE UGLY!" Man doesn't that say it all. :roll:
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 pm

I hate how cynical this forum's userbase has become.

I feel like I'm the only one left without extremely high standards.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mordum » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:20 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:I feel like I'm the only one left without extremely high standards.

You called me a Nazi for liking b-movie shlock.

Without irony.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:48 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:I hate how cynical this forum's userbase has become.

I feel like I'm the only one left without extremely high standards.

I'll admit in the past there were far more people just sorta cracking jokes and being all happy go lucky & silly about the comics as they came out~ We created many a meme back then OUO

These days though, to me it seems anyway, that people much prefer to discuss the comics a little more seriously than they used to~ Which isn't a bad thing at all, it just means conflicting opinions will show up more often than they once did. So it's to be expected really ;3

I'll admit though, I miss the more humor-filled days of this forum XD I've never been one to really seriously talk about the comics much without making some joke about Bivalve being the center of the universe or something :mrgreen:
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:05 am

I think the board's changed in some fundamental ways since then that created that change. The two biggest are the obvious, the rift that came with the reboot, and perhaps less obvious, that the interaction with staff has changed.

Did you know that last time Dub posted on here was in April? That within the 365 days before today he posted 16 times? Given the presence the lover of nerbs had before, that's going to be a large tonal shift. How about our interaction with Ian? When I first joined, Ian answered questions from fans almost weekly, now it's rare outside of whenever he finds something to post about. Now obviously we know that everyone's busy, and no one's obligated to do anything and I'm certainly not singling out two people I hold a great deal of respect for. But the environment from back then isn't really in place now, which has allowed things to change.

But then there's obviously the difference in the fanbase. There was a time when people LOVED the old Archie continuity, and this was a place to express that and find mutual feelings. A time when Endgame was an epic and the Knuckles series was a highly regarded fan fave. People considered Ian a way to get things back to the way they used to be, when characters were doing things and stories had to do with more than Sonic's love life. Then this attitude also changed, Ian started being "when the comic actually got good" and his stories were where people were directed to start reading. Old classics began to receive scorn, with people thinking Ian was making bad characters and stories good. Since the reboot, this seems to be changing further, now Ian's stories are almost becoming "a good writer doing the best he can with a bad situation". Characters fans loved like Geoffrey and Julie-Su are considered poorly executed or fundamentally flawed in some way; not helped by the demonizing of Ken Penders. The reboot is largely considered "a fresh start" and "a story with no baggage" among other things. When you go into something with that kind of mentality, while still trying to get across the "everyone feels sort of like this" mentality of the older days, there's going to be some clashing, especially when there's an overwhelming sensation of "out with the old, in with the new" and "get on board or get off".

Sorry for this devolving into a sort of rant, it's something I kind of see not just with Bumbleking, but the Sonic fanbase as a whole. I by no means want to say that any of the feelings I talk about above are wrong, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I realize that those are partially just the norm nowadays. It does make me feel less interested to post though, I just find myself giving opinions few people agree with and offering ideas I don't think people want. My own interest in Sonic is mostly waning now anyway; the games haven't interested me in close to ten years and the comics, which for ages was the one piece of the franchise that was keeping my attention, have really struggled to entertain me in the way Ian managed to do on such a regular basis before. The franchise and fanbase overall seem to embrace the feel of Boom and Sonic Colors if that makes sense, while I'm still stuck in this ideal of mine that resembles Sonic X and SA2. This brand will always be important to me, I've been in it for almost two decades now, but there's definitely a disconnect I wish wasn't the case.

tl:dr: I'm an old codger, anyone seen my Gamecube?
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 am

GentlemanX wrote:But then there's obviously the difference in the fanbase. There was a time when people LOVED the old Archie continuity, and this was a place to express that and find mutual feelings. A time when Endgame was an epic and the Knuckles series was a highly regarded fan fave. People considered Ian a way to get things back to the way they used to be, when characters were doing things and stories had to do with more than Sonic's love life. Then this attitude also changed, Ian started being "when the comic actually got good" and his stories were where people were directed to start reading. Old classics began to receive scorn, with people thinking Ian was making bad characters and stories good. Since the reboot, this seems to be changing further, now Ian's stories are almost becoming "a good writer doing the best he can with a bad situation". Characters fans loved like Geoffrey and Julie-Su are considered poorly executed or fundamentally flawed in some way; not helped by the demonizing of Ken Penders. The reboot is largely considered "a fresh start" and "a story with no baggage" among other things. When you go into something with that kind of mentality, while still trying to get across the "everyone feels sort of like this" mentality of the older days, there's going to be some clashing, especially when there's an overwhelming sensation of "out with the old, in with the new" and "get on board or get off".

This is one of the saddest, yet truest things I've read. Some people don't even consider Ian that good anymore. He used to be heralded as the writer Sonic needs. Now he's just "Better than Penders and Bollers, but that's not saying much." I went to the Sonic comics because they were almost universally considered good, but now the fanbase is more divided than ever before.

This sums it pretty well.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKourt