''Archie Sonic Merchandise'' will it ever happend

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Moderators: Dub, LBD_Nytetrayn, Ian Flynn, Kureejii Lea, Tracy Yardley!

''Archie Sonic Merchandise'' will it ever happend

Postby Mexica005 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:50 pm

man wouldn't it be great to buy some t shirts of your favorate character or action figures ect. man it would be great if this were to come true cause i would spend money on a sally acorn or a scourge action figure.

i mean isn't the comic popular enough to have its own merchandise based on itself. i know i can go to a store and buy a sonic figure to collect but what about the comic characters as well. well i sure do hope that some sort of merchandise besides the satam dvd can happen
Mexica005
BumbleNewbie

Postby Penguin God » Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 pm

I suppose a shirt or two is possible considering the obscure retro trend in fashion these days, but when it comes to merchandise (especially action figures and the like) Sega hasn't really made much. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Count Koopula » Tue May 12, 2009 6:04 pm

I can see it now, Princess Sally, with classic Nicole handheld computer, with REAL button pressing power, and Scourge with removable sunglasses, flame jacket, and psychotic grin! Not to mention what Archie Sonic collection would be complete without Tommy Turtle, with being killed-off twice power! New from Playmates!

I think it's mostlly up to Sega of America & Sega LTD. in Japan mostlly if it'll ever happen. I've seen Sonic X action figures before, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Archie Sonic characters anytime soon.
Your head asplode!
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Captain Yoyo » Tue May 12, 2009 6:46 pm

While the chances of this ever actually happening are slim, it is fun to dream...

I want my Armand D'Coolette action figure!!! .... Ya know, to go along with my miniature glass Nerbs and solid gold Wolvurkel statue....
Captain Yoyo
BumbleKnight

Postby Count Koopula » Tue May 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Don't forget a 9-inch tall Universalamander figure, with moveable jaws. :wink:
Your head asplode!
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue May 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Count Koopula wrote:Don't forget a 9-inch tall Universalamander figure, with moveable jaws. :wink:

Don't you mean 3/4-inch. :wink:
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Count Koopula » Tue May 12, 2009 6:54 pm

If you take that "scrapped story" included in Sonic Archives volume 5 into account, he'd have to be microscopic.
Your head asplode!
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Spin » Tue May 12, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm not sure which Archie Sonic character, I favor enough to actually buy merchandise of, probably just Dimitri. XD
Spin
BumbleNoble

Postby JaxBombin' » Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Dimitri/Edmund
Enerjak Statue
Knuckles vs. Kragok Statue
Green Knuckles Statue
[color=#40FF00]"Her eyes glow green with the logo of my dreams."[/color]
JaxBombin'
BumbleKnight

Postby Zam » Tue May 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Some unarticulated figures were sold on Sega World Australia back in the 90´s. That´s the fartest you´ll get for now.

Zam
BumbleFan

Postby Mexica005 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:46 pm

man i would atually buy that if it ever came out on ebay.

i mean these characters have been around for more than 15 years already i think its time that we see some archie sonic merchandise and besides its all sega property anyway rignt? and also sega/archie get their money while the fans are happy and in the end everyone wins
Mexica005
BumbleNewbie

Postby Illustrious Q » Tue May 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Mexica005 wrote:man i would atually buy that if it ever came out on ebay.

i mean these characters have been around for more than 15 years already i think its time that we see some archie sonic merchandise and besides its all sega property anyway rignt? and also sega/archie get their money while the fans are happy and in the end everyone wins

I don't see any problems with that, but then again I'm not a business major or a part of SEGA licensing so I wouldn't know what SEGA's stance is. Personally I would love to see an official Archie Sonic deck of playing cards come out featuring the artwork of the various artists throughout the comic's run.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Lobotomy » Tue May 12, 2009 8:54 pm

The Illustrious Q wrote:
Count Koopula wrote:Don't forget a 9-inch tall Universalamander figure, with moveable jaws. :wink:

Don't you mean 3/4-inch. :wink:

Don't you mean Molecular sized?

EDIT: ARRGH, beat to the punch.
Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Postby bsonic10 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Aside from the Sally figures and dolls already released, I wouldn't expect anymore action figures. I'm not even sure I'd hold my breath for Archie Sonic T-shirts. Aside from books and the actual comics, I don't think Archie will release much more than that.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Tcat » Wed May 13, 2009 12:37 am

I want plushies. It would save me the time of making the rest of what I've already got. (hearty laughter).
Tcat
BumbleClan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius