Sonic the Hedgehog #226 Preview

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #226 Preview

Postby Sockie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Ixis101 wrote:Also: did Ian or anyone else mention how long Genesis was gonna last? Given that it has a "Part One" affixed to it, I'm led to believe it's a self-contained story arc. But for how many issues? 3? 5? 10? More...?

He mentioned on the BK chat that he's planning for it to be around double the amount of issues in the Iron Dominion arc. Or at least, that's how long this whole epic that started in #219 will be.

Also, I don't think Sonic's solo--remember that we've seen some Freedom Fighters in the preview images for Genesis.
Last edited by Sockie on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

*twitches* Did someone say... time warp? Because that would be... astounding.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Toby Barrett » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Sockie wrote:Also, I don't think Sonic's solo--remember that we've seen some Freedom Fighters in the preview images for Genesis.

Unless they were a...

RED HERRING!!!
Toby Barrett

Postby ChaosJam » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Wow. So confused, Going crazy. Dangerous combination for me but still loving it.

I can't even speculate on this. Bring it on, Genesis!!! 8)
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Sockie wrote:He mentioned on the BK chat that he's planning for it to be around double the amount of issues in the Iron Dominion arc. Or at least, that's how long this whole epic that started in #219 will be.

If that's the case, then this could very well last until #250.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby jkcool » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Whoa... I don't know what to think.

I'm really excited and really nervous at the same time.
I am skeptical but highly anticipating it's arrival.

How can I stand the wait, I haven't even gotten #222!
jkcool
BumbleNoble

Postby Big Al Son » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:36 pm

The only game that has never had a tie-in was the very 1st, Sonic the Hedgehog. I think reason why Archie never adapted it was due to it not having a strong story, very cartoony. Knowing Ian, he must have some tricks up his shelve and develop some sub-plots around it. And why they waited all this time...because it's the perfect and ironic tribute to celebrate Sonic's 20th Anniversary.

Like Dubs said in another topic, they won't waste years of what they developed in the comics. The changed of the world could be caused by the Chaos Emerald, which we suspect that powers Eggman's new Death Egg. The Emerald do have the power to create miracles and disasters.

Ian mentioned that this arc/epic will be double the Iron Dominion. that's 24. So he's already starting to build up towards STH #250. Actually he should, because STH #250 will be released on the 20th Anniversary of the comics. Another milestone that will need to be special to Archie.
Last edited by Big Al Son on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Lobotomy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:43 pm

If this isn't a reboot, I dig it. If it is a reboot, I'm dropping the book.
Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Postby dantemustdie00 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

I do ever so laugh at the people crying about "reboot's". Can't Ian do a simple nod to the 1st game that started it all for the 20th anniversity hmm?
dantemustdie00
BumbleNoble

Postby Lobotomy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm

dantemustdie00 wrote:I do ever so laugh at the people crying about "reboot's". Can't Ian do a simple nod to the 1st game that started it all for the 20th anniversity hmm?

It's not like I'm afraid of it at all, but I'm not ruling it out. I'd say it has a 20% chance of being a reboot at best.

There is no way anybody would write out 17 years of a comic's development.
Lobotomy
BumbleNoble

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Now that the shock of Spaz! penciling has worn off, I have one comment on the description.

Ian is mad! He's absolutely bonkers! And he has me buying every single issue from now until either the day I day, the book gets canceled, or the world comes to an end! (which ever comes first) Kudos to Ian for being a brilliant evil madman!
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby white3agle510 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:03 pm

Lobotomy wrote:If this isn't a reboot, I dig it. If it is a reboot, I'm dropping the book.

You probably wouldn't be alone in that, but if Ian ever did do a reboot, I'm sure that the fear of a few dropped readers wouldn't discourage him. Remember that the story of the last 60 issues or so are his contribution to the comic, and a reboot doesn't normally happen after a writer has added all this new material and what-not.

Shameless fan theory:
I really feel like this is some kind of warped-reality thing with all the Chaos Emeralds that are going around. It's also likely that Feist will come into this (I mean, the guy's running out of chaos emeralds, what's that all about? He's not The Giver.) I think that the Death Egg is gonna have the Chaos Emerald as a focusing crystal for some big weapon that Sonic's gotta stop. He does, but the process and the vast power of the Chaos Emerald cause some sort of crisis that warps Sonic and the FF's into Green Hill Zone. Retro fans will be pleased. New fans of the only the current Sonic games (who don't know what a Genesis is) will most likely be upset.

Also, here's the original NA box art for comparison:
white3agle510
BumbleFan

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, I'm stumped. I can't wait to find out what this is all about. (Eggman changing reality maybe?)
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby Fish Fro » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Is this an experiment for a new series?

I also wonder if this going to be the same GHZ which first appeared in the Sonic Kids special.
Fish Fro
BumbleNoble

Postby megabeatman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Memories of me playing the Sega Genesis are coming back see this cover. Also I'm surprised no one mention this yet. Above the title, instead of the usual "The World's most way past cool comic" it reads "the most way past cool 20th anniversary celebration." Nice touch.
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius