Will the Sonic Underground Epilogue be Published?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Moderators: Dub, LBD_Nytetrayn, Ian Flynn, Kureejii Lea, Tracy Yardley!

Re: Will the Sonic Underground Epilogue be published?

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 am

PC the Hedgehog wrote:...wait, so Ian confirmed more or less that the Sonic Underground story is going to be a multi-part story

No.

I will be as clear as possible: the Sonic Underground story is planned to be a stand-alone, single-part story. Not an arc. One issue. Singular.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby True Blue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
PC the Hedgehog wrote:...wait, so Ian confirmed more or less that the Sonic Underground story is going to be a multi-part story

No.

I will be as clear as possible: the Sonic Underground story is planned to be a stand-alone, single-part story. Not an arc. One issue. Singular.

Well at least now we know it'll eventually come out 8)
Life's good
True Blue
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am

PC the Hedgehog wrote:...wait, so Ian confirmed more or less that the Sonic Underground story is going to be a multi-part story?

Huh. Wonder why Archie ever had plans to start a multi-part story right before the crossover.

They didn't. No one ever said that. What Ian said was that it makes more sense to do a single issue story in that space INSTEAD of breaking up an arc with the crossover. That's WHY it was going to be a single issue story and not part of an arc like every other SU story thus far. People seem to be reading the statement entirely backwards.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Tylinos » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am

Kureejii Lea wrote:
PC the Hedgehog wrote:...wait, so Ian confirmed more or less that the Sonic Underground story is going to be a multi-part story?

Huh. Wonder why Archie ever had plans to start a multi-part story right before the crossover.

They didn't. No one ever said that. What Ian said was that it makes more sense to do a single issue story in that space INSTEAD of breaking up an arc with the crossover. That's WHY it was going to be a single issue story and not part of an arc like every other SU story thus far. People seem to be reading the statement entirely backwards.

Well, that's what I get for reading too far into things. Sorry about that, gang.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Re: Will the Sonic Underground Epilogue be Published?

Postby Modochi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 am

Just one issue, feeling let down now.
My opinion is my opinion, you don't like it, that's your problem and not mine.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Dejimon11 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:45 am

Modochi wrote:Just one issue, feeling let down now.

somethings better than nothing right? Atleast they are giving this series a proper conclusion after the all these years
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Modochi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

Dejimon11 wrote:

somethings better than nothing right? Atleast they are giving this series a proper conclusion after the all these years

Not to sound pessimistic, but I won't belive it until I see concrete evidence that its getting published, cause after so many broken promises from Archie I take everything they say about the comics with a grain of salt.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Dejimon11 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 am

Modochi wrote:
Dejimon11 wrote:

Not to sound pessimistic, but I won't belive it until I see concrete evidence that its getting published, cause after so many broken promises from Archie I take everything they say about the comics with a grain of salt.

can you explain what you mean by "broken promises"?
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Modochi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am

Dejimon11 wrote:
Modochi wrote:
Dejimon11 wrote:

can you explain what you mean by "broken promises"?

I need to stop writing with half a brain active, it’s not promises per say, but more stuff that have been spoken about to appear in the comics or events or setting as drummed up by the Archie staff that to me, never lives up to what was said or written.

But here goes, For 2012 we were promised a story dwelling into the background of Amy Rose, which to this date still haven't been done and now looks like it’s been forgotten about completely.

Then there was the story premise of Mecha-Sally being a major threat to the point of getting billed as the greatest evil on Mobius, which so far have been a flat out lie.

The genesis arc was to me presented as being a major world altering event which only had two lasting impacts, Mecha-Sally and giving a cause to present Nagus as a raving mad whatever he is and turn everyone against him.

2010 Had mentions about the comic going through great changes and events that would shift the status que of the entire comic around, but what happened was so centered around so few characters it just didn't live up to the premise of it.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point that a lot of plans intended for the past year weren't able to come about as intended.

That said, the Sonic Underground story was always intended to be a single issue, and nothing said otherwise. The crossover schedule's been out for a while. It's not really anyone else's fault if baseless rumours and/or assumptions don't match up to the facts.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Modochi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point that a lot of plans intended for the past year weren't able to come about as intended.

That said, the Sonic Underground story was always intended to be a single issue, and nothing said otherwise. The crossover schedule's been out for a while. It's not really anyone else's fault if baseless rumours and/or assumptions don't match up to the facts.

I understand that.

But it still feels like a kick in the face to have things promoted by the writer and an editor, with mentions made at a comic con of all places only for it to get put on hiatus (Underground) or just forgotten (Amy background story ) with barely any explantion for it.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Caesar Clown » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 pm

It may be a cynical outlook on it, but you should always be prepared for a story to be put on hold. It's disappointing, but I seriously doubt that Archie is pulling the rug out from under their fans just for the sake of trolling.

Things change, and unfortunately the sonic underground story was one of them. it's not gone for good yet, so there is still hope. it's just later down the line.
Caesar Clown
BumbleClan

Postby lalalei2001 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Speaking of Underground, did anyone have their own idea of how they'd want to see the series end?

My headcanon was that Aleena also had a musical instrument, but what that was I was never sure about. i think i settled on an electric violin.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Speaking of Underground, did anyone have their own idea of how they'd want to see the series end?

My headcanon was that Aleena also had a musical instrument, but what that was I was never sure about. i think i settled on an electric violin.

I really like the sound of that idea, actually.

I've honestly never really thought about how Sonic Underground could conclude in a mere 20 pages. I mean, just catching up with their mother could be an issue in itself. I'm guessing it'll just be a quick reuniting (a la Knuckles and his dad in Knuckles #25) and a quick final mission to take down Robotnik once and for all.
A webcomic that updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Nack wrote:It may be a cynical outlook on it, but you should always be prepared for a story to be put on hold. It's disappointing, but I seriously doubt that Archie is pulling the rug out from under their fans just for the sake of trolling.

Things change, and unfortunately the sonic underground story was one of them. it's not gone for good yet, so there is still hope. it's just later down the line.

Indeed. The thing to remember first and foremost is that this is business, and pretty much all other considerations must be secondary, as ridiculous and painful as it can be sometimes.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
ImageImageImageImage
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius