Sonic the Hedgehog #241 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Moderators: Dub, LBD_Nytetrayn, Ian Flynn, Kureejii Lea, Tracy Yardley!

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog #241 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:00 am

It seems nobody is being specific about this, but is does Geoffrey actually stay for the rest of the issue?
Banner by Ziggyfin *TheFatPanda's DeviantArt*
TheFatPanda
BumbleCult

Postby GameBuddy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26 am

TheFatPanda wrote:but is does Geoffrey actually

I think I get what you're saying.

Yeah, he physically appears on the last few pages. Mentally...
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 am

TheFatPanda wrote:It seems nobody is being specific about this, but is does Geoffrey actually stay for the rest of the issue?

He's there for the whole issue… especially the very very very important, vital plot point that his removal from the book would destroy.

As for my reaction to said plot point… for those of you know it it should come as no surprise. For those who don't here it is. :twisted:
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Just looked back at my post and realised it made absolutely no sense...I swear I dunno what was going on with my grammer skills there :|

What I was trying to say was: does Geoffrey remain possessed from here on, or does Naugus simply leave his body when he's done?
Banner by Ziggyfin *TheFatPanda's DeviantArt*
TheFatPanda
BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:46 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:What I was trying to say was: does Geoffrey remain possessed from here on, or does Naugus simply leave his body when he's done?

He's still possessed at the end of the issue.
The Shadow Emperor
Honorary BumbleCult

Postby OncleSam » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm

I really , really wasn't expecting this to happen . What does that mean for the council and the city ? Is Naugus still " King " even if he doesn't/can't show up anymore ?

Poor Geoffrey ! But he was right . His future is blink ... for now ...

BTW , Krudzu Hybrid Hydra was kinda easily put on the ropes there ... makes me wonder if it was really the fact that it's " Eggman's " version that made it loose so easily .
"Moral is a fiction, used by the herd of inferior human beings to hold back the smaller crowd of superior ones."

ImageImageImageImageImage
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Nutty Acorn wrote:This issue was filled with Crowning Moments of Awesome, not just for the main characters, but for the supporting cast.

1. King Max, for refusing to let Naugus use his body, despite the fact that Ol' Maxy is senile.

I have to admit that is the first time I've ever genuenly liked Max.

Hey hey hey! Max wasn't all that bad! I admit he had his moments, but he has been a really cool character in the past. Like when he pretended to scold sonic in front of the press to keep up apperance, and then brought him aside and thanked him for disobeying his orders.
Or when they invaded Robotropolis to save the captured Elias and he went all boss slicing up a few shadowbots! (forget the issue numbers, somewhere in the 70's and 80's I think).
Professional Crazy Talker / My DeviantART Page! / My Music Channel!
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 pm

A couple of questions:

1. Couldn’t Naugus have just taken over Max without his consent? Max signed a pact with Naugus when he was in the Zone of Silence (or the void, whatever?). He possessed him before using this magical contract, so why couldn’t he just do it again?

2. Is Naugus’ body now magically gone? What I mean is, is Nagus’ body just sitting there as an empty vessel or has it magically disappeared while he possess Geoffrey?

Other than those two questions, the issue was really good, except for the unecessary and swful side plot with the Krudzu and the remains of Titan Metal Sonic. I actually feel sorry for the guy. That image of him sitting on the throne barely keeping the mutations in check really pulls at the heartstrings, even though Naugus is a terrible person. Because we are only seeing the lobster mutation, I suppose that means the lobster personality is the strongest one and about to take over his body?
I had a ridiculously epic picture here, but couldn't fit it in due to signature size limitations. But here is a link to it anyway if you are interested - http://astrobot7000.webs.com/Mighty%20t ... adillo.jpg
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:A couple of questions:

1. Couldn’t Naugus have just taken over Max without his consent? Max signed a pact with Naugus when he was in the Zone of Silence (or the void, whatever?). He possessed him before using this magical contract, so why couldn’t he just do it again?

2. Is Naugus’ body now magically gone? What I mean is, is Nagus’ body just sitting there as an empty vessel or has it magically disappeared while he possess Geoffrey?

Other than those two questions, the issue was really good, except for the unecessary and swful side plot with the Krudzu and the remains of Titan Metal Sonic. I actually feel sorry for the guy. That image of him sitting on the throne barely keeping the mutations in check really pulls at the heartstrings, even though Naugus is a terrible person. Because we are only seeing the lobster mutation, I suppose that means the lobster personality is the strongest one and about to take over his body?

1) No. Once Sonic had expunged him and Max took back the royal heirlooms, that was the end of the contract. If you want to be real nitty-gritty about it, Max swore fealty so Naugus would be king. When Naugus was Max, he was king. Ergo, contract fulfilled. That's why he needed it renewed.

2) Haven't revealed that yet.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby 009* » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:

1) No. Once Sonic had expunged him and Max took back the royal heirlooms, that was the end of the contract. If you want to be real nitty-gritty about it, Max swore fealty so Naugus would be king. When Naugus was Max, he was king. Ergo, contract fulfilled. That's why he needed it renewed.

Spoiler: show
So Naugus didn't have legal right to the crown this whole time? I can't help but feel that Naugus is going to end up saying this, amongst other things, in an Engineered Confession.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Milox » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:

Wait a tick...Does that mean...
Spoiler: show
Naugus was attempting to posses Max while his head was wrecked by the egg grapes? That would explain the king falling apart...

Also, the lack of Naugus having three Chaos Emeralds (per flashback in one of Silvers comics) leads me to wonder if he is going to come back with a vengeance or Silver got his job done. Considering Naugus has never once mentioned/plotted hitting up the city where Red and Green are, I'm leaning to the former...
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby OncleSam » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:48 am

Never saw this coming .
"Moral is a fiction, used by the herd of inferior human beings to hold back the smaller crowd of superior ones."

ImageImageImageImageImage
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Razorsaw » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 am

Is this issue out this week?
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby megabeatman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:20 am

Razorsaw wrote:Is this issue out this week?

Nope. Next Week.
Please visit my YouTube Channel for various gaming related reviews including comics and cartoons. Subscribe or Like if you want, I'm not forcing you. Also follow me on Twitter but again, it's your choice.
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby shigamado » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:53 pm

....Despite the fact that subscibers have had it for well over a week?!! That's ridiculous.
shigamado
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius